Infinity Ward Studio Heads Fired

foxtrot

Activision, the publishers of one of the biggest gaming franchises, Call Of Duty, have confirmed today the departures of Infinity Ward studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella. Both West and Zampella were rumored to have been in a meeting with Activision yesterday (March 1st). It appears they were being investigated for breaches of contract and insubordination, which one would expect to be the reason for the firing.

Steve Pearce and Steve Ackrich from Activision Publishing will temporary take control of the company for now. Infinity Ward are currently working on two Modern Warfare 2 Map-packs which are due for release later this year. What effects these events will have on the company, and whether they will even still be working for Activision after they finish the Map-Packs, is unknown. Im sure most will agree that it will be a big loss to the Call Of Duty franchise if Infinity Ward were not to make another edition in the future, as they have produced genre leading games in the shape of Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

As for the future of the Call of Duty franchise, well as we know, Treyarch is developing the new Call of Duty due to be released near the end of the year. But today Activision revealed that Sledgehammer Games will be creating a Call Of Duty game “that will extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre”, due for a late 2011 release. This only adds to the possibility that Infinity Ward will leave Activision in the near future.

Thank god for that

Cod 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Modern Warfare 1/2

Why would you be so relieved though? Are you terrified of future releases?

Plus theres no way they would stop making them now, a lot of people would lose a lot of money.

Thank god for that

Plus theres no way they would stop making them now, a lot of people would lose a lot of money.

Terrified no, Would just prefer them to make another Cod instead of another MW(which has been a major let down for me & many others i know)

Thank god for that

Terrified no, Would just prefer them to make another Cod instead of another MW(which has been a major let down for me & many others i know)

Ahhh I didnt realise it was different people who made MW2 to WAW

MW2 is the best in the series so far though

Thank god for that

WAW was garbage :anguish:

I never played the online on it as I never got that far because the campaign was shite!!

Rented it out of blockbuster when it first came out, played it for about 5 hours hoping it would get better but it was getting worse. So took it back and got something else.

Easily the worst COD I have ever played.

Thank god for that

WAW was garbage :anguish:

I never played the online on it as I never got that far because the campaign was shite!!

Rented it out of blockbuster when it first came out, played it for about 5 hours hoping it would get better but it was getting worse. So took it back and got something else.

Easily the worst COD I have ever played.

Don't be dissin it if you haven't even played it online, Call of duty is basically an online game IMO

GAME are selling it for £20, I would advise you to give it another go.

WAW is really poor. Like papa I have no idea why people are down on MW2 - its popularity makes people want to hate it I guess.

Also the reason for this is no doubt that they wanted to make something else and Acti, being massive massive arseholes by all accounts, weren't up for that. Don't forget these guys set up IW cos they were sick of working for EA making identical MoH games :)

I have to say WAW is by far inferior to MW1. MW2 i havent really liked that much due to the care packages, but i havent really played that much, i dont even think i have a day online yet.

I wish they would have just brought out more maps and mybe some new guns for cod4.

WAW is really poor. Like papa I have no idea why people are down on MW2 - its popularity makes people want to hate it I guess.

Also the reason for this is no doubt that they wanted to make something else and Acti, being massive massive arseholes by all accounts, weren't up for that. Don't forget these guys set up IW cos they were sick of working for EA making identical MoH games :)

Wouldn't say its popularity makes me want to hate it, but I will speak out against all who seem to think its the holy grail of gaming.

Loved the campaign mode but it was far too short, as for online, its far from bad but like MW1 I got really bored of it after a couple of hours playing and haven't bothered going back to it.

Looks like they got fired right before they were abou to receive royalties from MF2 sales, fly fuckers :lol: - big lawsuit getting underway surounding it.