Who would your Player of the Year be?

trueblue79

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has to be Davis for the one reason that when everyone else is playing poorly or showing a distinct lack of ceativity, it is him that is the most likely to give it. Novo is one of those guys too but nowhere near as consistent as Davis. Boyd needs players like Davis around him to do his thing where Davis can do it on his own so he gets my votes to be the winner of this years 'Aidens'.

Hard to see how anyone can put up a case for it not being Davis for me, Bougherra is up there at the same level,(if not better) but he hasnt played enough games this season for me, Weir,Miller,Papac,Boyd,McCulloch,Whittaker have all been pretty consistent and have done a good job for the team but they are not at the same level of quality and consistency as Davis for me who has been superb and a stand out all season imo, Its also been shown in all 3 OF games, where he was arguably MOTM in all 3 for me.

Another point is can anyone see someone outwith a Rangers player even getting into the top 3 as I cant tbh and my top 3 would be Davis,Weir and Miller.

Difficult actually ..

Davis has had a good season but has drifted in & out of games

Boyd has been a consistent goalscorer all season

McGregor has done nothing wrong in games and has been worth a point or two during the season

Bougherra has been a rock in defence and actually, one of our most potent threats when going forward.

Probably because of his range of play it would be Bougherra ... he contributes all over the field and would be a massive loss if/when he leaves.

Steve Davis, Boyd or Bougherra. Would have Lee McCulloch up there, has been solid all season and has came up with alot of vital goals like yesterdays, vs the the scum and hearts near the start of the season.