Walter Smith - take a bow

Muff

what a day for him

fair play to him, during the CL this season, most of us on here had a go at him for not changing things even though the game was not going to plan

todays half time change in everything was brilliant

the defence looked far more secure with 3 centre halves, edu made an immediate impact on the game, and naismith for boyd!!!!!!! (most would maybe have had a go at smith saying "we need our best penalty taker on for the penalties ffs" but at that time we defo needed EVERYONE to work and chase down, and boyd certainly wasnt doing that

every decision smith made today was correct, brilliant

:lol: I didn't go the penalty route. I gave it the "fucking brilliant, take off the one player that can nick us a goal and bring on Steven fucking Naismith" That was the last time I will question anything. :pipe:

:lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspiring yesterday, we may never see another rangers man, fan manager like him in our lifetime.

A lasting tribute to Walter should be made at ibrox wether it be a stand naming or statue or a Managers Hall of fame along the marble staircase, along side the other greatest managers - Struth, Symon, Wallace. My personal preference would be a statue, a bit like the statue in the Rocky movie where he holds his hands up, showing that he's not just a manager but a fan!

Just a thought.

Done what no other manager could have - a massive reason why we won today!

The way he took control, motivated, guided, organised, instructed, dictated, spurred his players on... was immense. He spoke, the players listened, and fought for the cause for their manager. He balled out advice, he congratulated them, he kept them going. Every ball, every tackle, every header, he was out there on the edge of the technical area making sure the players never gave up - and they didn't let him down. He made the right decisions, and his substitutions were absolutely spot on.

No better man for the job, the passion, desire, team spirit, never die attitude... he has built is unbelievable. I don't agree with a number of things he has done, but over the last 4 months, I have certainly changed my views re his management - he's got things wrong, but so does every manager.

We will certainly need him over the coming games, and hopefully he will stay on beyond this season.

This moment brought tears of joy to my eye's - seeing Walter Smith lift the trophy, his reaction, and how much it meant to him was incredible, and the reception he got, said it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNVdfwS39_8&feature=channel

Walter Smith's Blue, and White Army :clap:

Fantastic post Muff.

I have always had faith in Walter with our club,he is Mr Rangers.Never once have i Doubted him :beer1:

Agreed. I was running around my lounge room at 4.00am waving my scarf like a loony when Walter lifted the cup. He is a legend.

I have always had faith in Walter with our club,he is Mr Rangers.Never once have i Doubted him :beer1:

Agreed. I was running around my lounge room at 4.00am waving my scarf like a loony when Walter lifted the cup. He is a legend.

Arise Sir walter - Funny - my mum said after hearing his interview "that man is welcome to come round for tea and a slice of Battenburg anytime - he's a real gent"

She's seventy - it was priceless

The second half was like watching Smith play a game of FIFA on his Playstation, such was his involvement from the touchline.

(tu) This. Can't remember the last time I seen Walter like that, maybe I just haven't noticed it in other games. I couldn't help but notice him on Sunday though. It was like a game of chess.