Expect Bougherra, Boyd, Edu and Greegs to be . .

BLUEDIGNITY

I am going to take the bait here.....

I would actually not be overly surprised to see Boyd move on as his contract has expired and it just seems like he has lost interest in playing for us, when he is not interested we are better of without him.... he has been keich since his Operation and when he is like that then we have better options

Bougherra has been touted as a goner since he first arrived, I don't think anyone would be surprised if he went before next Season and hopefully after the World Cup... he is a great player and solidifies our whole team but he has played less games than Danny Wilson this year and we always knew that he would be a saleable asset

As for McGregor, well with his habit of making front page news and the high profile nature of his off field antics, I think it is best for all concerned if he moved on and brought some much needed funds into the coffers. Alexander is more than capable of being our number 1 but obviously we are then exposed for a back up keeper..

However Edu then becomes a surprising departure, if we are offloading Greegs and Boogie for a fee then SURELY there is no need to offload any more players that are under contract?

We have won the league, (almost), we are therefore guaranteed the CL money and we will likely get the TV money exclusively because I can't see that mob making it through qualifying. There is a business plan in place with the bank ( I know this because we have been told several times) that allows us to pay back at a set rate per annum and we are reducing our debt considerably after 2 years of cost cutting, squad reduction and selling of players.....

I know Walter said things would get worse at the end of the year but I cannot see how our situation can be viewed as anything other than "on the up"

AJ said recently that at the end of the season he would go in and agree the way forward with the Bank. Surely that must be a conversation that is easier with guaranteed CL money. Lloyds lent us the money and we are paying it back at the agreed rate. Why the need for more departures?

What are we not being told??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id lose edu and boyd without any worries!!!!!

Really? Our top scorer of the last few season's leaving for fuck all wouldn't vex you in any way? Jesus Christ.

We've not exactly been struggling in the 60 days since his last goal from open play.

So you would quite happily start next season without him and with no direct replacement?

We will have to if it comes to that, what do you want us to do next year if that happens ? just fall down and say we lost because we had no Boyd, Its a team sport we cant always count on Boyd, something we havent been doing for months now.

Miller's done okay (same amount of SPL goals from open play as Boyd), but we need a striker. Preferably one whose heart is in it ALL year, not just until Christmas (tu)

I'm not surprised Boyd's heart isn't 100% in it given the shoddy way he's been treated by the club. He could have left for pastures new a couple of season's ago, but showed his comittment to the club then, so I won't be too critical of him now. How much do you envisage us paying to bring in someone who will get the same goals tally as Boyd compared to what it would cost to tie him up to a new contract?

We will have to if it comes to that, what do you want us to do next year if that happens ? just fall down and say we lost because we had no Boyd, Its a team sport we cant always count on Boyd, something we havent been doing for months now.

The whole point is that itshould never be allowed to happen in the first place. I laughed like fuck when Mowbray sold his top scorer of the last few seasons in January, now we are in danger of letting ours go for fuck all. Does that not piss you off at all???

I'm not surprised Boyd's heart isn't 100% in it given the shoddy way he's been treated by the club. He could have left for pastures new a couple of season's ago, but showed his comittment to the club then, so I won't be too critical of him now. How much do you envisage us paying to bring in someone who will get the same goals tally as Boyd compared to what it would cost to tie him up to a new contract?

The shoddy way he's been treated? The backing he gets from the fans is unlike anything he'll get at any other club, even when he's playing shite people praise the ground he walks on. And in our worst financial state in a number of years, the fact that we're willing to double his wages speaks volumes.

We only paid £400k for Boyd, Celtic paid £650k for Larsson. There are bargains to be had out there, no doubt about it. I could give three or four players I'd bring in from abroad, but we'll get royally ripped off if we limit ourselves to Britain.

The whole point is that itshould never be allowed to happen in the first place. I laughed like fuck when Mowbray sold his top scorer of the last few seasons in January, now we are in danger of letting ours go for fuck all. Does that not piss you off at all???

Yes it does, but it also pisses me off that we offered him i think Papa said a 250% rise in his contract and he still cant sign it. now if he cant because of the bank then he should come out and say he tried to sign it or he will sign it as soon as he can. But he has kept tight lipped and seems to be off with him being very strongly linked with Eck. Him not scoring in like 8 games is bad enough for any striker, but for Boyd its outrageous.

I just don't think he's handled this particularly well.

If he'd said that he fancies a crack at the Premiership and wanted to go, I don't think anyone could grudge him. I don't think he owes the club anything either. We signed him for little money, paid him a small wage in comparison to other players and he's scored a barrel-load for us.

If he wants to move on, he should just say. The fact that he's almost hiding it and not putting the effort in on the park is a bit of a gripe, but no more than that.

Bougherra - his absence has barely been noticed this season. Played in less than half the games has he not? Still top of the league by thirteen points.

Boyd - would rather he stayed, but this year has showed the type of player he is if he can't be arsed. Rangers don't need half-arsed, lazy cunts who think the only part that matters is the first half of the season. If he wants to go, let him. He'll be replaced.

Edu - can't see him going. Again, Thomson and Davis are more than adequate replacement.

McGregor - Alexander is better anyway.

Bougherra - his absence has barely been noticed this season. Played in less than half the games has he not? Still top of the league by thirteen points.

Boyd - would rather he stayed, but this year has showed the type of player he is if he can't be arsed. Rangers don't need half-arsed, lazy cunts who think the only part that matters is the first half of the season. If he wants to go, let him. He'll be replaced.

Edu - can't see him going. Again, Thomson and Davis are more than adequate replacement.

Bearly been noticed ? we play alot better when bougherra is here he gets us further up the park and takes the pressure off daid weir alot more.

As for McGregor its a matter of opinion, i think hes a better shot stopper than Alexander, but alexander is more aware of danger in his box. I Would love to see McGregor end the season as goal keeper, the last two seasons hes been dropped or injured, he deserves to end it on a high.

Are people really saying we wouldn't miss boyd :lol:

Also i never knew Bluedignity was in the RST......

We're doomed i tells ya.......

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D(tu):sherlock:

PS - All committee type organisations are bullshit jist like yer posts ! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FTP and his followers on this fine Sunday morning (tu)

I remember when BD came on here three days before we signed Rothen and told us it was happening.

He got called all sorts :lol:

Nae probs Mate a kin handle this fcukwit, but there are some warmers postin oan here nooadays and they are puttin some long servers aff thats fact by the way ! ;):sherlock:

The shoddy way he's been treated? The backing he gets from the fans is unlike anything he'll get at any other club, even when he's playing shite people praise the ground he walks on. And in our worst financial state in a number of years, the fact that we're willing to double his wages speaks volumes.

We only paid £400k for Boyd, Celtic paid £650k for Larsson. There are bargains to be had out there, no doubt about it. I could give three or four players I'd bring in from abroad, but we'll get royally ripped off if we limit ourselves to Britain.

Unfortunately the fans don't run the club.

Miller's done okay (same amount of SPL goals from open play as Boyd), but we need a striker. Preferably one whose heart is in it ALL year, not just until Christmas (tu)

He could have left for pastures new? Nobody wanted him as far as I can tell. The only club who have ever shown concrete interest in him is Birmingham and it looks like thats where his future lies. And incidentally, even a year to 18 months ago the majority of posters on here would have been glad to see the back of him. Now he's being made out to be some irreplaceable legend. I'm a fan of Boyd but the situation with regards to him leaving is approaching hysteria on here at times.

He was offered a new contract in line with other first team players which he has refused to sign. If he is to move on I wish him good luck but Rangers will move on and I cant see him being anything more than a bit-part squad player in England anyway.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Alexander comes in for McGregor

Webster for Bougherra

Thomson / McCulloch / Davis / Youth for middle for Edu

Lafferty steps up for Boyd

Webster :anguish:

Lafferty :anguish:

A new CB and CF would be a must if the players mentioned do depart.

I remember when BD came on here three days before we signed Rothen and told us it was happening.

I'll take your Rothen and raise you a Scott Brown.

I remember when the media and all our fans were going into overdrive about it and BD started a thread on here (after speaking to a certain little birdie in the District IIRC) saying that we would not be signing him.

Everybody laughed it off.............................

Bearly been noticed ? we play alot better when bougherra is here he gets us further up the park and takes the pressure off daid weir alot more.

As for McGregor its a matter of opinion, i think hes a better shot stopper than Alexander, but alexander is more aware of danger in his box. I Would love to see McGregor end the season as goal keeper, the last two seasons hes been dropped or injured, he deserves to end it on a high.

They might play a bit better, but they don't need him.

They might play a bit better, but they don't need him.

we do need him but, everytime we play celtic without bougherra we dont win. that proves he is a big part of our team.

Nae probs Mate a kin handle this fcukwit, but there are some warmers postin oan here nooadays and they are puttin some long servers aff thats fact by the way ! ;):sherlock:

Eh……he said it was happening that night and after it had been posted on follow follow by barrybaldy…… :lol:

We hadnt even identified him as a target three days before so that would have been a scoop….. :lol:

We wouldn't miss Madjid Bougherra <cr>

Of course we would. Have the people who have said this actually watched our games when he has been out? It's blatantly obvious to see how much weaker we are at the back, and on the whole as a team when Bougherra is out.

Replaceable, yes, but where is the money coming from, and they same can be said for Boyd!?

One good half of football, three in total all season, and Kyle Lafferty is now some sort of world beater.