Boyd has signed NOTHING

Ozblue

If he is waiting for the takeover to happen does that mean hes waiting so see if he will be offered a bigger pay package than hes already been offered ?. i dont no what to believe, only thing which will cause all of this to stop will be the summer transfer window.

If he is waiting for the takeover to happen does that mean hes waiting so see if he will be offered a bigger pay package than hes already been offered ?. i dont no what to believe, only thing which will cause all of this to stop will be the summer transfer window.

I honestly don't think he is waiting to see if a bigger wage packet is offered,Stu, because he knows full well that the contract he has on the table from us is the limit that we can afford to pay him at the moment.

It appears to me that if he is really genuine with the quote to the newspaper then his fear is that if he signs the contract before the Summer and then some of our better players are then sold or if Walter suddenly finds himself without a job as manager for next season then Boyd will be left in a team that will struggle.

He also indicates that the sale or non-sale of the club of the club is a worry to him because that could have a massive bearing on whether Walter stays or goes.

In a way, I can see his point to a certain extent because it's in his own best interests to wait and then make his mind up as this choice of what he does will have huge implications for his life in the future especially financial wise.

He may be a massive Rangers fan but first and foremost he is a Professional footballer and you always try and improve your working conditions and work for the best salary possible.

We fans don't see it that way, but that's the facts of life in the professional game today.

I like how he didn't want to leave at all when we looked desperate to sell him as he only wanted to play at Rangers yet now when he is playing almost every game and he will get a sizeable signing on fee(if he leaves) it's time for him to bide his time and weigh up his options. :rolleyes:

If he genuinely loves the club so much why doesn't he sign the contract with a buy out clause included for a nominal fee so that we'll at least get something for him, even if it was just a million or so. Or would that reduce what he'd get from another club by way of a signing on fee and is that the real reason behind what he's doing. I'm sceptical of the whole thing. All the stuff about him not going to Birmingham last year when we could have got 3+ million for him. I suspect he was always going to run down his contract to ensure he gets the biggest amount he can by way of a signing on fee from another club.

I don't believe a word that comes out his mouth.

His or any other footballer's mouth, I should say.

Interesting - every players a liar - and this from a journalist wacko.gif

The problem with a quote from someone saying they are undecided is just that - they are undecided.

Then everyone wants to pre-guess what that means.

Here's the thing - maybe he is, undecided!

Boyd has not really painted himself in a positive light during this whole saga, a contract is on the table if he wants to be here then sign it. If not then atleast be a man about it and admit you are leaving at the end of the season.

Either way I'm not too bothered if he stays or goes.

I don't understand why him, and now it appears Weir, have to know what Smith is doing before they commit?

Fair enough, they like him as a manager, but does that mean if Smith goes they are going to follow him around like lap-dogs? If Smith retires, what do they do then?

They either want to play for Rangers or they don't. I'd rather they both stayed, but it's getting silly now.

Either sign the contract or stop all this, 'I just want to win the title and see what happens' pish. Having said that, the title can be won this weekend, so presumably they'll have made a decsiion by Monday?

If the front 3 on Wednesday night of £3.5M Lafferty, £2M Miller and £1.8M Naismith are the future of our club for next season without £400K Boyd, I really fear for our chances of scoring enough goals to be competitive.

Boyd is right to want to know if the manager is staying, if the club is stable, before committing himself for another few years.

There is so much uncertainty around the club that I can understand a player wanting to wait a little longer to see what happens before making a final decision.

The club would of course be happier if they knew one way or the other if he was intending to stay or go, and perhaps they do know privately, if a decision has been made, but I see this as no different to Smith/McCoist also not signing a new contract as they wait to see what develops.

Boyd has not really painted himself in a positive light during this whole saga, a contract is on the table if he wants to be here then sign it. If not then atleast be a man about it and admit you are leaving at the end of the season.

Either way I'm not too bothered if he stays or goes.

Exactly.

I was one of his staunchest fans even when most people were wanting him punted. I stuck up for him then, and to an extent, I still do. However, if he has decided to go back to the player of old, I won't miss him.

If he has decided to leave, I think he could have at least signed on again so that Rangers make a few quid. His shite, half-arsed performances of late make me think he has something planned. He certainly doesn't look like a player trying to convince anyone to pick/buy him.

I don't understand why him, and now it appears Weir, have to know what Smith is doing before they commit?

Fair enough, they like him as a manager, but does that mean if Smith goes they are going to follow him around like lap-dogs? If Smith retires, what do they do then?

They either want to play for Rangers or they don't. I'd rather they both stayed, but it's getting silly now.

Either sign the contract or stop all this, 'I just want to win the title and see what happens' pish. Having said that, the title can be won this weekend, so presumably they'll have made a decsiion by Monday?

I'd say Weir is a different situation, he could sign a contract for another year and a new manager might not play him at all and he would have been better off retiring.(especially with Wilson there and Webster coming back)

Boyd is part of our first choice forward line and will no doubt be no matter what happens on the manager front.

Boyd is right to want to know if the manager is staying, if the club is stable, before committing himself for another few years.

I don't see why this should matter?

Surely a contract is what gives a player stability? Also, European Cup football looks guaranteed for next season. Most players would also regard this as an incentive. This is what I find confusing; Boyd aligns his future to Smith's, a manager that has used him sparingly in the big games/comptetitions, and has left him out of the team recently.

Why would a player not sign a contract that suits himself in such circumstances? What does Boyd get out of Smith staying that is that big of an incentive?

I'd say Weir is a different situation, he could sign a contract for another year and a new manager might not play him at all and he would have been better off retiring.(especially with Wilson there and Webster coming back)

Boyd is part of our first choice forward line and will no doubt be no matter what happens on the manager front.

Fair point, but even Weir must know that he is not guaranteed to play for a big first-team club at his age. Even if he stays at Rangers, he'll probably be used less and less.

Even from a purely financial position, he would benefit from signing a contract and retiring the year after?

If the front 3 on Wednesday night of £3.5M Lafferty, £2M Miller and £1.8M Naismith are the future of our club for next season without £400K Boyd, I really fear for our chances of scoring enough goals to be competitive.

There is so much uncertainty around the club that I can understand a player wanting to wait a little longer to see what happens before making a final decision.

The club would of course be happier if they knew one way or the other if he was intending to stay or go, and perhaps they do know privately, if a decision has been made, but I see this as no different to Smith/McCoist also not signing a new contract as they wait to see what develops.

Walter,Ally and Kenny McDowall situation is different, they made the decision to carry on without a contract to save the club money if a buyer was found, and wanted to bring somebody new in.

Now Boyd, Novo, Broadfoot etc as players want more money, there overall attitude is not in the best interests of the club unlike Walter etc, if the situation changed and they never liked the direction we were taking. They could have still left us during the same transfer window... Plus bringing us in some extra transfer money to spend for whoever was in charge.

Contracts are not cast iron, they could have added a release clause. Which would have been much better than them leaving for free in the summer as things stand.

Fair point, but even Weir must know that he is not guaranteed to play for a big first-team club at his age. Even if he stays at Rangers, he'll probably be used less and less.

Even from a purely financial position, he would benefit from signing a contract and retiring the year after?

Weir's family are still done south I'm sure so probably from his view point sitting in the reserves wouldn't be worth it. Weir will only sign if he has a big part to play next year I think.

Weir's family are still done south I'm sure so probably from his view point sitting in the reserves wouldn't be worth it. Weir will only sign if he has a big part to play next year I think.

Fair fucks.

Principles before money? It'll never catch on.

I agree.

As big as Walter Smith is, you either want to play for Rangers or you don't.

And I wish Boyd would stop using it as an excuse. Everyone must know that a new owner wouldn't come in and remove Walter Smith, there's no chance of that happening.

Lets say Boyd works in a steel plant - there are rumours of it closing or massive redundancies. You love the job but family security is also important, you get offered a job 'down south' but they need an answer within 12 months. Do you immediately leave, or wait to see what happens locally right until the last? Boyd is doing no different (IMHO) and while he has not scored recently he has, as most forwards do, having a barren run - nothing else, nothing sinister but dont let sense get in the way of having a good gripe!