Simply The Best

Jonnyboyrfc

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers and Celtic fans in chart race with Simply The Best and You'll Never Walk Alone

Backed by a growing Facebook campaign, which already has more than 25,000 followers, Rangers supporters are bidding to get their club anthem - Tina Turner's Simply The Best - to number one in the UK this Sunday.

Gers fans hope by buying and downloading the track - which is played at every Ibrox match - they can push it to the top of the charts, which will coincide with their team clinching a second successive Scottish Premier League title if they beat Hibernian at Easter Road on Sunday afternoon.

However, bitter foes Celtic hope a rival campaign to get their own club anthem, You'll Never Walk Alone, to number one will scupper any chance of success on the blue side of Glasgow.

As it stands, both campaigns appear to be gathering pace this week with the major record labels and chart information companies reporting increasing interest in both tracks.

If either of the fans' initiatives are a success, it will not be the first time a Facebook campaign has affected the UK chart standings.

Last December, X Factor winner Joe McElderry was stopped from getting the Christmas number one when a Facebook campaign got Rage Against The Machine's 1992 hit Killing In The Name to the top instead.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/822755-rangers-and-celtic-fans-in-chart-race-with-simply-the-best-and-youll-never-walk-alone

Anyone fancy going onto the Everton and Chelsea forum websites? I'm on Ipod so I can't do it also my computer is getting fixed.

Iv posted on a Chelsea forum asking for them to help out buddy.

Anyone fancy going onto the Everton and Chelsea forum websites? I'm on Ipod so I can't do it also my computer is getting fixed.

Iv posted on a Chelsea forum asking for them to help out buddy.

forgot bout everton.

Do Millwall Leeds Cardiff too.................