Big Lee Wants To Stay

PaulRFC1

LEE McCULLOCH insists he has no intention of moving to the Bundesliga after winning his second successive SPL title with Rangers.

The midfielder was linked with a summer move to Hannover at the weekend after impressing in the holding role for Walter Smith's side this season.

But after spending three years with the team he grew up supporting, McCulloch has no intention of cutting his ties early.

He still has another 12 months of his deal with the Light Blues to go and the ex-Wigan star plans to be here to see them out when the new campaign starts in August.

McCulloch is just hopeful other key figures at the club - such as manager Walter Smith and leading scorer Kris Boyd - are there alongside him.

He said: "I'm desperate to stay here, I love the club. I've never thought about going anywhere else.

"I'm delighted with how things have gone this season with winning the cup and the league title and I've loved being part of it all.

"Boydy's done well this year. It's been a big season for him now that he's out of contract and whatever he decides to do, I'll wish him well.

"But of course I hope his decision is to stay with Rangers. Both he and Kenny have been brilliant this season and they're a great foil for each other.

"Hopefully the gaffer can keep that partnership together for next year, if he's still here as well."

Im one on here who rates him so im happy about this.

Big Lee is here for the long run :sherlock:

I rate him as well, he's been excellent in the middle of the park this year so i'd like to see him stay but can we afford to let him run down his contract ? 1M for a player with a year left ? I'd give him a new two year deal but i just can't see the materialising with the state of the club at the moment hence why i'd be tempted to cash in

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Would love to get a bit of cash for him.

But he is good backup, which is what he should be.

he has 1 year left on his contract, if we sell him we have two other first teamers in thomson and edu for that role. webster is coming back in for ch so less need for him to cover. i'd rather have the money to strengthen elsewhere or keep one of the other first teamers.

People would rather have the money? Maybe so, but I think he has made it perfectly clear that he won't accept any offer that comes in for him.

What will annoy me though is that next season we'll probably have KT and McCulloch central with Davis stuck on the right again, it should be one or the other with Davis playing centrally, we also don't know if Weir will be offered a new contract so he might be required as cover for the back unless someone else is brought in or one of the youngsters gets promoted again.

Of course Lee McCulloch would want to stay.

Where else would he have the luxury of being first pick even no matter how poor he is playing?

As DB said I would rather he was moved on and we use the money to tie Thomson down on a new contract.

Would rather have the money, but if he does stay, then as a squad player, and not a 1st team regular - especially when it means playing players out of position to accomodate him!

Overall, I thought he had a decent at best season - his best in a Rangers jersey. Started off poorly, had a purple patch, faded, some good games, some shockers, and in the end, wasn't the best option available. At times he does a job, sometimes he's better than that, and others he is woeful.

People would rather have the money? Maybe so, but I think he has made it perfectly clear that he won't accept any offer that comes in for him.

What will annoy me though is that next season we'll probably have KT and McCulloch central with Davis stuck on the right again, it should be one or the other with Davis playing centrally, we also don't know if Weir will be offered a new contract so he might be required as cover for the back unless someone else is brought in or one of the youngsters gets promoted again.

If Edu isn't in from the start next season it will be a crying shame

Would rather have the money, but if he does stay, then as a squad player, and not a 1st team regular - especially when it means playing players out of position to accomodate him!

Overall, I thought he had a decent at best season - his best in a Rangers jersey. Started off poorly, had a purple patch, faded, some good games, some shockers, and in the end, wasn't the best option available. At times he does a job, sometimes he's better than that, and others he is woeful.

Yeah, he can play poorly in multiple positions. lol

Fair point about having a utility man, but you dont want that guy to be one of your top earners, do you?

Yeah, he can play poorly in multiple positions. lol

Fair point about having a utility man, but you dont want that guy to be one of your top earners, do you?

No, and that's why I'd rather see him moved on, for a few reasons!

Don't rate him as a central midfielder; rarely closes down opponents and when he does he gives away needless free kicks, runs away from the ball,points a lot but can make simple passes. Would never play him in central defence because of his tendency to lunge into opponents and going to ground. With the wages he is on we can do much better and the fact he is willing to play any position should not come into the equation.