Boyd Told To Lower Wage Demands

fraser77

Birmingham City are eager to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd, but only if he lowers his wage demands, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

Blues boss Alex McLeish has been tracking the 26-year-old for more than a year, and is reportedly keen to add at least two strikers to his squad.

But Boyd's demands are believed to be putting off Birmingham officials, who want the former Kilmarnock man to fall in line with top earners at St Andrews, one of whom is Boyd's Scotland international colleague James McFadden - who earns an estimated £25,000 per week.

Boyd has so far refused to comment on his future following Rangers' SPL title success. The striker has scored an impressive 128 goals in 193 appearances for the Gers, and is the SPL's all-time leading goalscorer with 164 goals. He picked up the Scottish golden boot this season with 26 goals in 41 appearances.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2010/05/11/1919611/birmingham-city-ask-transfer-target-rangers-striker-kris-boyd-to-

Birmingham City are eager to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd, but only if he lowers his wage demands, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

Blues boss Alex McLeish has been tracking the 26-year-old for more than a year, and is reportedly keen to add at least two strikers to his squad.

But Boyd's demands are believed to be putting off Birmingham officials, who want the former Kilmarnock man to fall in line with top earners at St Andrews, one of whom is Boyd's Scotland international colleague James McFadden - who earns an estimated £25,000 per week.

Boyd has so far refused to comment on his future following Rangers' SPL title success. The striker has scored an impressive 128 goals in 193 appearances for the Gers, and is the SPL's all-time leading goalscorer with 164 goals. He picked up the Scottish golden boot this season with 26 goals in 41 appearances.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2010/05/11/1919611/birmingham-city-ask-transfer-target-rangers-striker-kris-boyd-to-

this is seriously gona be the longest summer in history

Why would Kris Boyd be asking for too much money?

He turned down Birmingham last year to stay with Rangers even though they were offering him a lot more money than he was already on.

I think it is just a matter of time before he is off though.

a paper/magazine article with no quotes from anyone doesn't make something "Sourced" imo

Was just about to type the same thing.....what the hell is the unsourced stuff if this is sourced.... :lol:

well compared to some of the shit people make up on this "ma mate whos mate works on the doors at chelsea says ballacks coming"

thought id post it as sourced as it came from a good website !

quite right if you ask me.

If McFadden is on 25k a week, boydy should be getting that, if not more.

I read the article as saying he is wanting more than 25k a week, but the club are saying to him the max he could get is 25k per week, which is what their top earners apparently get.

Boyd to me is being greedy.

i thought his contract is still on?

We've offered him a contract to stay at Rangers which he hasn't accepted or refused yet, but he is out of contract at this moment in time and apparently he'll decide in the next couple of weeks what he wants to do.

What sort of signing on fee must Boyd be getting? If I was him I'd be looking at a million at least.

i don't think free agent players get a signing on fee,they just get lump sums of money as wages,to make it up to them

What sort of signing on fee must Boyd be getting? If I was him I'd be looking at a million at least.

i don't think free agent players get a signing on fee,they just get lump sums of money as wages,to make it up to them, which is in reality a signing on fee.

Fixed that for ye.

i don't think free agent players get a signing on fee,they just get lump sums of money as wages,to make it up to them, which is in reality a signing on fee.

Fixed that for ye.

:lol:

Fixed that for ye.

:lol:

And i doubt Boyd could command £1 million signing on fee

Free Agents DO get signing on fees if it is agreed between the clubs.

why do the clubs have to agree that he can get a signing on fee? if he's a free agent surely its up to Boyd and the team?

quite right if you ask me.

If McFadden is on 25k a week, boydy should be getting that, if not more.

I read the article as saying he is wanting more than 25k a week, but the club are saying to him the max he could get is 25k per week, which is what their top earners apparently get.

Boyd to me is being greedy.

I take it you believe everything you read? paper talk without a reliable or no source = bullshit productions unless big eck or someone else from Birmingham have actually came out and said it. :uk: