1. 1. Laudrup or Cooper?

• Brian Laudrup
    • Davie Cooper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Walters :pipe:

Seriously though, most of the folk on this board will have been too young to see Super Cooper in his heyday so this poll is bound to come out in favour of Laudrup. Great as Laudrup was, he'll never be Cooper. Even after Cooper left and he was playing against us we used to cheer him on; There's truly only one Davie Cooper.

I have been lucky enough to see both players playing for us and after a real good think about it I came down narrowly in favour of davie cooper if he was in a better rangers team he would have developed into one of the best players the world had ever seen

If you could choose one to have back at Ibrox at their very best, who would it be?

I cant split them seen them both just cant make my mind up both my favs oh to have a winger to watch now !

Cooper was less consistent than Laudrup, and did not impose himself over the course of a season in the same way as Laudrup.

Laudrup was a far better player and I've always felt that sentimentality gets Cooper extra votes in polls like these.

Cooper for me by a streak. Laudrup was great, but he was only here for a few seasons and played with some very good players in a very successful side.

When Cooper was at his peak, he was Rangers only threat, and we were a mid table side. We had Andy kennedy, Ian McCall, Gregor Stevens FFS! lol

So every week he had 2 men on him the whole time. Yet still, he would produce moments of sheers brilliance that took your breath away. When Souness came in and put some pieces of talent alongside him, his form in our Championship winning season that first year was incredible, week after week he was incredible that season. Plus, many forget the seasons he had for us from 1977 to 1981

For the posted who said he didnt do anything under John Greig, were you there for the 1981 Scottish Cup final replay? When he single handedly destroyed a good Dundee Utd side? This after John Greig dropped him from the first game? Says more about Greig really

If you could choose one to have back at Ibrox at their very best, who would it be?

I went for Laudrup cos thats who i seen my dad would say cooper just depends on your generation both legends along with Gazza!!!

Davie Cooper by a country mile not only as a player but as a bloke had the pleasure of meeting him over the years supporters nights etc always a gentleman Laudrup on the other hand refused me and my wife a photo in the players lounge once for no obvious reason although he was a hell of a player that was it for me.

Laudrup for me, not only one of Rangers best talents but one of the best players I have ever seen play football in any team jersey.

Cooper comes very close though, in a perfect world I would have one on each wing :)

I've heard off many friends that Cooper was a moody wee shite at times, and would be incredibly inconsistent from week-to-week. I'm sure he was unplayable on the top of his game, but I doubt you could throw the criticism of inconsistency at Laudrup! He was awesome every time I saw him.

I think Laudrup was one of the best footballers ever to play at Ibrox, but Davie was one of the extremely good ones who played for us in his best years.

But sentimental values aside, give me a Laudrup at the peak of his career over almost any of our past players. He was the kind of player who would enhance any side, and would of won us plenty of European titles had he been around in say the late 60s or 70s :sherlock:

Cooper was less consistent than Laudrup, and did not impose himself over the course of a season in the same way as Laudrup.

Laudrup was a far better player and I've always felt that sentimentality gets Cooper extra votes in polls like these.

His left foot does that for me ;)

While I loved Cooper and also had the pleasure of seeing him in his first spell at Clydebank I dont believe he was anywhre near Laudrups class.

I think Laudrup was the once in a lifetime player for Rangers