Let's be optimistic

nvager

We certainly need a bit of clarity to lift the gloom, but I am convinced that things will turn out a good bit better than we imagine for next season.

We will have CL money to bank; the bank will I believe listen to WS and loosen the purse strings a little; we will get some money for Wilson and maybe Bougherra and Webster is due to come back. Unlike the Mopes we can look forward to some good CL football.

Our team may yet retain the likes of McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Webster, Papac, Davis, Thomson, Edu, McCulloch, Naismith, Lafferty, Fleck, Miller, Alexander, and then there are youngsters breaking through and perhaps at least a couple of new faces.

Plus Novo, Broadfoot, Weir and Boyd are not yet gone and possibly could yet stay.

The big question is what happens if Walter goes? He will be replaced by Ally or someone else and life goes on. Maybe the new manager will be great and we will be pleasantly surprised.

All in all we will still be well placed to win the SPL once more and unlike Celtic will not have a bunch of loan players to replace.

I think this season could be a good one, we are making profits and set to make even more.

For the first time in years we have cash to spend, we have a couple of people interested in buying us(so we are told).

Our debt is reducing and we have European football to look forward to.

We don't need a new owner and some people on here are talking as if it is vital.

A new owner would be good but it isn't vital for our future, we are improving and the debt is reducing and the tims cant take it.

They are hurting badly !

The thing is if we do well in Europe this season and are still in it after Christmas then we could make some fantastic profits.

Don't believe what these t*rriers are saying ! the futures bright !

Well said NVA! :21:

The problem with no news... is that folks (including/especially the media) have to make things up.

Good point above.. Money for points in the CL...

So after we thrash all the competition.... Life is pretty damn good.

Good post. I am kind of resigned to losing Novo, Broadfoot, Weir and Boyd but even without them, we have enough to make it a good season. If they stay (and to be honest, I don't mind if some of them do leave) then it is a bonus. Bougherra and Webster at the back could be a great pairing, and we make some money.

Never listen to the doomsayers - always Keep Believing as Big Marv said.

Spot on and at the end of the day no matter what happens to Rangers I'll still be there I was there when Greig was the manager and we got around 11,000 at the brox I fucking bleed Rangers you follow the team through the good and the bad we'll be back "keep the faith" :uk:

We certainly need a bit of clarity to lift the gloom, but I am convinced that things will turn out a good bit better than we imagine for next season.

We will have CL money to bank; the bank will I believe listen to WS and loosen the purse strings a little; we will get some money for Wilson and maybe Bougherra and Webster is due to come back. Unlike the Mopes we can look forward to some good CL football.

Our team may yet retain the likes of McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Webster, Papac, Davis, Thomson, Edu, McCulloch, Naismith, Lafferty, Fleck, Miller, Alexander, and then there are youngsters breaking through and perhaps at least a couple of new faces.

Plus Novo, Broadfoot, Weir and Boyd are not yet gone and possibly could yet stay.

The big question is what happens if Walter goes? He will be replaced by Ally or someone else and life goes on. Maybe the new manager will be great and we will be pleasantly surprised.

All in all we will still be well placed to win the SPL once more and unlike Celtic will not have a bunch of loan players to replace.

I personally think Walter will continue as manager next season. He might not like what the banks have to say, but I think he would find it hard to walk away. Despite the constraints we have been under we have now won 2 titles in a row. That is an absolute hammer blow to Celtic who used to love to remind us how skint we are, not so funny when we are still able to pump them. If they lose another title to us next season they could have a serious fan revolt on their hands, there are signs it may already be happening. Tims are holding out on renewing season books till they hear who will be the next manager, our season ticket sales are steady, possibly rising. We are in a real mess financially, but they are in a real mess in so many ways, money or not.

I personally think Walter will continue as manager next season. He might not like what the banks have to say, but I think he would find it hard to walk away. Despite the constraints we have been under we have now won 2 titles in a row. That is an absolute hammer blow to Celtic who used to love to remind us how skint we are, not so funny when we are still able to pump them. If they lose another title to us next season they could have a serious fan revolt on their hands, there are signs it may already be happening. Tims are holding out on renewing season books till they hear who will be the next manager, our season ticket sales are steady, possibly rising. We are in a real mess financially, but they are in a real mess in so many ways, money or not.

The Tims are laughing at our financial problems, but they have plenty of financial and other problems of their own.

We have for this coming season a reasonable squad of core players but need a few new faces. Webster helps a lot and add a striker and a creative player and we are in good shape. Youngsters coming through too.

The Tims are laughing at our financial problems, but they have plenty of financial and other problems of their own.

We have for this coming season a reasonable squad of core players but need a few new faces. Webster helps a lot and add a striker and a creative player and we are in good shape. Youngsters coming through too.

It must be eating away at them having a billionaire owner who treats their club like a plaything and doesn't spend anything like the money needed to make them successful. I hope it continues to eat away at their black hearts for some time to come. :21:

Good post (tu)

There's no point in worrying about bad things that haven't happened yet. We've won the double two years in a row and can look forward to another campaign in the CL, while Celtic are more or less in shambles right now.

I wish we could have a massive demonstration outside Ibrox, no not the greetin kind, but one with banners of support for Walter and some of the players who are in doubt about their future, at least it would let them know how much they are appreciated by the fans, no matter what is going on upstairs. At worst it would achieve zilch, at best it could maybe tip the scales for some of those swithering and maybe send the bank a wee reminder of just how much our club and staff mean to us, in a positive way (catching more flys with sugar than with shite).

I wish we could have a massive demonstration outside Ibrox, no not the greetin kind, but one with banners of support for Walter and some of the players who are in doubt about their future, at least it would let them know how much they are appreciated by the fans, no matter what is going on upstairs. At worst it would achieve zilch, at best it could maybe tip the scales for some of those swithering and maybe send the bank a wee reminder of just how much our club and staff mean to us, in a positive way (catching more flys with sugar than with shite).

Thats a cute little saying! I like it!