English Media

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people in this thread :lol:

This debate happens in every single England thread I'm fed up of it!

It's only going to get worse to as the weeks progress.

Lucky you! :sherlock:

so what else is new? They are like this every single tournament. Most english people i know are good people but get them talking about the england football team and it would just drive you mad. They will get to the quarter finals, semis at best and go out on penalties as usual :lol:

i consider myself scotish. but instead of wanting england to lose, i will want the USA to win as i have family over there.

however, if england win then the media will be covered almost entirely by it - and that, i cannot stand

It's the same, every tournament they are in. They won't win it. They will get to the quarter finals, the media will think they've won it. They'll lose and the country will go into mourning as always. The media will no doubt choose a scapegoat, and that person will get slaughtered.

I would like England to do well (they are British after all ;) ) but the media hype just drives me mad, Ian Wright/Gary Linekar = obnoxious twats. The victory parade plans annoyed me as well, nothing like jumping the gun! And I watched tonights game and that Tyldesley was just overbearing, it showed you a guy in the crowd with a replica of the cup and he said something like "when Rio has it in is hands.." I hate presumptiousness in anything and after "44 years of hurt" you would think they would learn to be more humble about there changes of winning :)

Am a proud british man I want anyone or anything british to win, Except wales or the welsh :ph34r:

You aren't British, you're Northern Irish.

I was told this one other night on this forum.

Can't you be both?

I am british so come on england

That´s like saying I´s a primate so come on the baboons!

You´re not a baboon.

what group are they in? I'm a man like everyone else supporting in this tournament so wanting them to win

Am a proud british man I want anyone or anything british to win, Except wales or the welsh :ph34r:

Can't you be both?

I was told I couldn't.

As it is Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we are part of the UK but not part of Britain.

Therefore technically we are not British. This is what I was informed of one night anyway.

Am a proud british man I want anyone or anything british to win, Except wales or the welsh ph34r.gif

Can't you be both?

I was told I couldn't.

As it is Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we are part of the UK but not part of Britain.

Therefore technically we are not British. This is what I was informed of one night anyway.

some people are complete and utter pedants

Going by the evidence of every single World Cup since 1970 England will struggle through the groups - boring everyone to death while they do it - and go out to the first decent team they meet

Possibly on penalties

This as soon as England meet at team that match them or betters them they will come crashing and burning back to earth