Celtic to break the bank for Boyd

KingKirk

I know people keep saying that it's a load of pish, but it's not outwith the boundaries of possibility that Celtic could make an offer.

He'll obviously never go, but they are a club that rely on spin and they no doubt hope that this will whip up some interest and some column inches. Liewell and Lennon are just back from a tour of CSCs where they begged people to come back to the San Giro as their season ticket sales for this year are the lowest in recent history.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I don't believe this will happen. The story looks very like mischief making from the Tims however before we rush to condemn it is penned by Iain King who among other things is Barry Ferguson's biographer, Andy Goram's biographer and Ian Durrant's which surely gives him some level of insight and connection. It is surely not outside the realms of possibility to suggest someone, somewhere suggested this story to make a certain Rangers board a bit more active in the signing up players department. Or am I just a cynic?

sorry to burst the bubble but darrel king is nacho novos biographer. Doesn't mean he stopped writing pish about RFC and taxman etc

I am not going to be as silly as some posters in here and rule this out completely as one poster has already pointed out Iain King is a credible writer... having helped pen various Rangers players biographies...

I really hope this is pie in the sky stuff however unlike many on here I think there is more truth in it than we would want to believe

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_250510095925.aspx

celtic football club statement

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC Football Club today released a statement following media reports linking the club with a move for Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

A spokesman for Celtic said: “Welcome to the silly season. We can categorically state that Kris Boyd has never been a target for Celtic and at no time have we ever attempted to sign him. We will not, repeat NOT, be making a bid for the player.”

He must of said no then..... :lol:

If there is any element of truth in this story, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a complete piss take by the mhankies.

I don't think they would really expect to sign him but they're probably doing it to wind us up, sitting there saying 'look we can offer £1,000,000 signing on fee and £30k a week for one of your most important players'.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_250510095925.aspx

celtic football club statement

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC Football Club today released a statement following media reports linking the club with a move for Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

A spokesman for Celtic said: “Welcome to the silly season. We can categorically state that Kris Boyd has never been a target for Celtic and at no time have we ever attempted to sign him. We will not, repeat NOT, be making a bid for the player.”

He must of said no then..... :lol:

Love to hear what the Sun has to say now about running a story that's clearly bullshit.

Lol, I'm sure they've done that once or twice in the past.

:rolleyes: