Rangers no longer marketing a controlling stake

Sir David has always stated that he would only sell if it was for the good of the club. (And, he'd be easy to deal with.)

Clearly, Ellis and co weren't the right fit. Good enough for me.

If that is the case then fair enough, but..........

MIH are no longer looking to sell, if it was about Ellis only we would still be up for sale.

This announcement stinks of more bullshit....

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing i dont get about it is why has murray taken the club off the stock exchange if the ellis deal is not good for rangers and murray doesnt want to sell to him then fine but why take the club of the market there is more behind this i think

So Murray's saving Rangers now aye ? were the fuck do people pull this shit from the mans lost total interest in our club time and time again when we've went threw the really bad times, leaving your John McClelland's, Martin Bain's and now Alistair Johnson to pick up the pieces.

Is this him wanting to come back onto the scene now that theres a wee bit of light at the end of the tunnel in the form of havin a slighty better relationship with bank ?

Really hope AJ or Bain come out and tell us what all this means and what exactly Mr Moonbeams new plans are.

Do use think there was other interested parties other than the Ellis Consortium and where are they now?I would love if the club could keep going steady,bring the debt down gradually and keep the young players coming through.Celtic will blow all there money and run out of steam and hopefully we stay solid,try and keep some of our key players.We can easilly win the league and if we are lucky reach the last 16 of the Champions League or possibly go on another Europa League run.

We have Rangers supporters at the heart of the club and that is what matters

W.A.T.P.

Why are people expecting Sir David to return as chairman, he has given no indication he intends to that ?

He is quite busy with MIH right now.......

the problem is no one knows his next move, thats whats worrying

we all loved murray and didn't seem to mind when he was spending all the millions brining in the gazza's and laudrup etc so i guess we just have to trust the guy he won't try to destroy us, if he didn't give a fuck he would have punted the club to any old cunt. surely people must be able to see that.

i dont know if im reading the right or wrong...the 'controlling stake' is no longer for sale by SDM, does that imply SDM could possibly still sell an uncontrolling stake? to ellis and his backers for the land around ibrox perhaps??

Do use think there was other interested parties other than the Ellis Consortium and where are they now?I would love if the club could keep going steady,bring the debt down gradually and keep the young players coming through.Celtic will blow all there money and run out of steam and hopefully we stay solid,try and keep some of our key players.We can easilly win the league and if we are lucky reach the last 16 of the Champions League or possibly go on another Europa League run.

We have Rangers supporters at the heart of the club and that is what matters

W.A.T.P.

(tu) (tu)

I dont know what to make of it all <cr>

However i knew within my heart that Ellis was NOT the answer,a property developer whom had no personal connection with our great club.

My concern however is,we now have a seriously depleted squad,and if the reports are correct of £5m set aside to spend without going abouve last seasons wage ceiling then alot of wheeling and dealing is required.

Thankfully walter and ally are committed to bringing the seige mentality to the squad-NO SURRENDER.

i know there is a lot of ill feeling towards SDM, but since becoming a bear on april 13th 1987, i have only known one chairman. I have thoroughly enjoyed growing up with 9 in a row, my heroes listing as laudrup, gazza, ally, amo, hammer and more recently dado and nacho. those nights at ibrox on the way to manchester i will never ever forget and will tell my children and their children in years to come. we have 2iar, made a profit and some pennies to delve in to the transfer market. Murray can stay for a few years yet for me

All I am interested in is how this will affect matters on the park. Thisd better not mean we have to have a fire sale. I am all for Murray GTF'ing but not if it means selling to a charlatan. Sooner he goes the better but only if whoever takes over has the funds to take us forward. I suspect this is not the last we have heard from Ellis though and I cannot help but feel there is something machiavelian going on.

Teflon Dave strikes again. He could knock on a lot of bear's doors, p!ss on their kids and they'd say thank you.

To be fair he did bring in Souness, Butcher, Woods and kicked off the revolution and built us the stadium.