Jordan McMillan may quit the Gers

First of all I didn't realise he was now 21 years old, but Jordan McMillan,who is now out of contract may quite Rangers to try and get the chance of first team football. Apparently he has only been offered a 1 year contract extension.

RANGERS youngster Jordan McMillan has revealed he may quit Ibrox in a bid to kick-start his career.

The 21-year-old has made only one top-team appearance for Rangers - in the quarter-final of the Co-operative Insurance Cup last year - and has twice been farmed out on loan to Queen of the South and Hamilton.

McMillan, who can play in midfield or at full-back, is now out of contract and has been offered a one-year deal to remain at Ibrox. He would love to stay but doesn't want to end up stuck in the reserves again. He said: "If I am not going to play for Rangers then I will head down south or explore other avenues."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should get a chance at right-back, got rave reviews from his game at Dens.

A better player than steven whittaker ? No.....

He played as a holding midfielder at Dens and was probably the 2nd best player on the park.

At 21 if he's not in the first team picture then he's not good enough. If broadfoot gets offered a new contract then mcmillan obviously sees his chances as minimal so better to move on.

He played as a holding midfielder at Dens and was probably the 2nd best player on the park.

Better than Lee McCulloch?

Sorry but at 21 you are past it in terms of making the grade at Rangers or any other major team.

All too often players get to this age at Ibrox and are released without us ever knowing how well they could have done had they been given 1st team football at an earlier stage.

The downside is that we as fans will NEVER accept a team of 18 and 19 year olds sprinkled with some experience such is our desire to win the SPL year after year.Even more so now given the financial problems we face.

Kids are the future just not at Ibrox....not in my time of watching the Rangers anyway.

Not really what I asked….

ok is he a better player than Edu or thomson ?

I seriously doubt it

I would still be interested as to see what papaguy thinks (tu)

If he'd played consistently in the first team for two or three years, I see no reason why he couldn't have been.

I know you don't accept criticism on this, but as McCoist said yesterday, Danny Wilson wouldn't have played at all this year if it wasn't for the fact that we're skint.

One of our youngsters, who grew into a role after playing consistently and is good enough to attract attention from Spurs and Liverpool, would NOT have played if we had more money. It just shows me that ability isn't as important as it should be at Murray Park.

How do you know McMillan wouldn't have grown into a position just as Wilson did?

As I said yesterday, how we deal with youth is one of the very few downfalls of this current management set up.

I seriously doubt it

I would still be interested as to see what papaguy thinks (tu)

What difference dioes it make what papa says…..don’t be scared to have an opinion boab….

I‘ll watch with interest as the boy plays in the premiership and becomes an international football winning multiple domestic honours…..

If he'd played consistently in the first team for two or three years, I see no reason why he couldn't have been.

I know you don't accept criticism on this, but as McCoist said yesterday, Danny Wilson wouldn't have played at all this year if it wasn't for the fact that we're skint.

One of our youngsters, who grew into a role after playing consistently and is good enough to attract attention from Spurs and Liverpool, would NOT have played if we had more money. It just shows me that ability isn't as important as it should be at Murray Park.

How do you know McMillan wouldn't have grown into a position just as Wilson did?

As I said yesterday, how we deal with youth is one of the very few downfalls of this current management set up.

Danny wilson wouldn’t have played as he is not a better footballer than Weir or Boogie(still isn't by some distance imo), surely you agree with that ?

It's all well and good to say blood youngsters but our reality over the last two seasons was win the league or the club was fecked....you seriously thing this is a time to blood youngsters.

I know we have had this debate before but surely after all we know about our financial position it hammers the point home even more. The managers judgement has been proved correct by winning two leagues and that is the bottom line.....

I honestly believe it isn't the management that are the problem...it's the fans.

The overwhelming majority get on the backs of home grown players at the first missed pass or mistake.

We pillory them and pick on them without mercy if they are not a Messi or Maldini.

Wilson came to prominence due to luck and no viable alternative to play in that position.

He was also lucky in that he came in to a settled team and performed fairly well. I also feel he is in a position that escapes a lot of the angst from the support as it is a fairly "steady" role.

Always has been a catch 22 at Rangers as the fans demand a win every game without exception. I know we argue about the League Cup being the perfect breeding ground to blood our youngsters but i can guarantee that if they were to get beat in the 1st or 2nd game the fans would give them pelters.Or i should say the majority of them would.

I rate him. He can play at RB, CB, CM or the holding midfielder in front of the back four plus he is strong in the tackle and a winner.

Although if you have only played a handful of games for Rangers and you are 21 years old then you will not be getting a chance. I expect him to leave in the summer as he could be a useful player to have around.

We as fans demand success though, I know it's said time and time again but if a younger players does come in and doesn't perform to a very high standard straight away they get slated straight away and accused of not being good enough it's a no win situation for them.

Wilson was fortunate that we were forced to play him, but McMillan at this moment in time would not be able to displace Whittaker (if played at right back), Edu or KT in the midfield area.

We have also signed that kid from Man City whom the management team are apparently hopes to make an impact this coming season who is said can play at right back as will as midfield.

As it stands at this moment in time we could have Whittaker on the right, Davis playing centrally (where he should be playing) with either Edu or Thomson and give McMillan a chance at right back.

I honestly believe it isn't the management that are the problem...it's the fans.

The overwhelming majority get on the backs of home grown players at the first missed pass or mistake.

We pillory them and pick on them without mercy if they are not a Messi or Maldini.

Wilson came to prominence due to luck and no viable alternative to play in that position.

He was also lucky in that he came in to a settled team and performed fairly well. I also feel he is in a position that escapes a lot of the angst from the support as it is a fairly "steady" role.

Always has been a catch 22 at Rangers as the fans demand a win every game without exception. I know we argue about the League Cup being the perfect breeding ground to blood our youngsters but i can guarantee that if they were to get beat in the 1st or 2nd game the fans would give them pelters.Or i should say the majority of them would.

I also think he is very lucky to have played beside davie weir, as is boogie for that fact…..

Danny wilson wouldn’t have played as he is not a better footballer than Weir or Boogie(still isn't by some distance imo), surely you agree with that ?

It's all well and good to say blood youngsters but our reality over the last two seasons was win the league or the club was fecked....you seriously thing this is a time to blood youngsters.

I know we have had this debate before but surely after all we know about our financial position it hammers the point home even more. The managers judgement has been proved correct by winning two leagues and that is the bottom line.....

I agree that Wilson isn't anywhere near Weir or Bougherra (he's a lot more reliable than the Algerian mind), but what I'm saying is that we've uncovered a gem almost by accident.

As I said, the current set up has very, very few failings but the youth is one. Even you, a true backer of 99% of the things Smith does, must get frustrated when we're 3-0 up at home with 35 minutes left and Smith doesn't put on one or two youngsters.

I don't think you can truly judge a young player until you see them in the first team. But that's why youth coaches are paid handsomely I suppose.

Agreed on the fans Adon, agreed.

I almost 'like' seeing a young player make a mistake or two, instead of just passing 6 yard square balls all the time.

That's also why I like Fleck a lot. A lot of people call him greedy, but I just think he's got that swagger that all players should have.

I agree that Wilson isn't anywhere near Weir or Bougherra (he's a lot more reliable than the Algerian mind), but what I'm saying is that we've uncovered a gem almost by accident.

As I said, the current set up has very, very few failings but the youth is one. Even you, a true backer of 99% of the things Smith does, must get frustrated when we're 3-0 up at home with 35 minutes left and Smith doesn't put on one or two youngsters.

I don't think you can truly judge a young player until you see them in the first team. But that's why youth coaches are paid handsomely I suppose.

Totally agree on that point, and for two reasons, firstly it will give us a chance to see how they can perform without too much pressure, and secondly, with a fairly thin squad it would give some of those who started more rest time and less chance of injury if they're not on the pitch.

The substitution thing is a fair observation, by nature he is cautious though even at 3-0....maybe ally will be different... ;)

Fleck, who was our great white hope, has been given first team opportunties and hasn't really shined, but is still a worthwhile project. How many players like that could we carry in the one team though ?

The substitution thing is a fair observation, by nature he is cautious though even at 3-0....maybe ally will be different... ;)

Fleck, who was our great white hope, has been given first team opportunties and hasn't really shined, but is still a worthwhile project. How many players like that could we carry in the one team though ?

Wilson played regularly in the one position which undoubtedly helped him progress.Plus the influence of Weir cannot be under stated.

Fleck has played sporadically and in different positions with no real experience to guide him.

Smith has to decide if he is going to play youngsters regularly and if he does then they have to have a defined role in their natural position and play there constantly.

All this chopping and changing and using the term "versatile" cuts no ice with me.

Whittaker proved this beyond all doubt as his form suffered when he was moved from right back to right midfield to left back.

Only when he was played constantly at right back did his form and consistency improve.

It will be the same with Fleck but he isn't going to get that run as Lafferty and Miller and Naismith will all feature before him.

He has the talent but imo it is being wasted at Ibrox.