Kirk Broadfoot signs new 3 year contract - official

Boab

tbh i think Kirk gets a raw deal as all people can see is a player from St Mirren who isnt good enough for Rangers , i think he will do a decent job at centre half the only worrying thing for me is his lack of pace ,he is good in the air and good in the tackle ( don't remember too many complaints when he had mcgayday in his back pocket every OF ) .

Broadfoot has had the piss ripped out him by worse players than Paddy Malarky.i remember Scott McDonald turning him like he was a shit rugby playing schoolboy thrown onto playing football cos they were 1 short.

The guy has heart and desire and looks like a nice guy.....but Rangers material to take us forward.....sorry Kirk but naw.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh i think Kirk gets a raw deal as all people can see is a player from St Mirren who isnt good enough for Rangers , i think he will do a decent job at centre half the only worrying thing for me is his lack of pace ,he is good in the air and good in the tackle ( don't remember too many complaints when he had mcgayday in his back pocket every OF ) .

Broadfoot has had the piss ripped out him by worse players than Paddy Malarky.i remember Scott McDonald turning him like he was a shit rugby playing schoolboy thrown onto playing football cos they were 1 short.

The guy has heart and desire and looks like a nice guy.....but Rangers material to take us forward.....sorry Kirk but naw.

Everyone wants a bentley but we CANT FUCKING AFFORD ONE :pipe:

I feel this is an obvious reflection on the road we are headed down now, sadly.

Whilst Davie Weir has been a class act for us over the years, I also feel that for a team like the Rangers to be even contemplating him for another year is ludicrous.

Broadfoot may come good - I hope so - cos it looks like this will be our standard of player in the near future.

Good luck to him.

i would much rathr have someone who is settled and accustomed to the SPL rather than a foreigner who will be on double the wages and has no idea about the game up here if im being honest BUT i think he is there as back up to the CB and RB , we still have Perry who is every bit as good as Wilson as well as Webster and Weir , still wouldn't mind big Tulio Tanaka :lol:

I want a BM but hey i'm different.

I'd rather have McMillan or Perry than Broadfoot if i'm honest......Broadfoot is a bombscare

I'd rather have McMillan or Perry than Broadfoot if i'm honest......Broadfoot is a bombscare

being honest i too would rather a M3 but hey such is life :lol:

just posted after again that i see him as the back up RB and CH to Webster and Weir although i would rather Perry got a run at CH as he is every bit as good as Wilson IMO . :D think Mcmillan wants to move on does he not ?

Not exactly thrilled about this news but if it means we don't have to spend money on back up defenders but gives us the chance to spend money on attacking options then it could be good business.

I suppose this is good news for the club. A Rangers man resigning, but as a player Broadfoot is poor. Came to the club as a back up centre half and Walter now thinks he's better off at right back. Makes you think!!!!!!

If he's on £10k per week no wonder wee Novo fucked off..

A great trier, but limited and rather slow in mind and foot. Defends better than Whittaker, but is like a cab horse going forward. If the whole team drops to his standard we are in big trouble.

seriously?, you'd rather have a young player who hasnt done enough in many seasons at the club to warrant a run in the first team, over an internationalist and double league winning player who knows the SPL inside out by now

everyone that has a go at the likes of broadfoot and naismith saying they'd be better on the bench/sold etc in place of our youths,

our youths havent been good enough to dominate/win the youth leagues for a while now, few cups aside they havent set the heather alight, whereas the likes of naismith, broadfoot, whittaker etc have all done it for SPL teams

apart from Wilson and fleck (apparently) successive rangers managers have felt that our youths arent good enough to use on a consistent basis

Normally does alright when he plays, good back up in the SPL but not the answer in Europe, but then again who in our current squad is good enough for Europe?

You could have asked the same question in 2008. We made it to a European final that year as I recall.

You are 100% right, it's a testament to the sheer desire and hunger of people like Broadfoot that we made it to Manchester, that and Sir Walters tactics.

seriously?, you'd rather have a young player who hasnt done enough in many seasons at the club to warrant a run in the first team, over an internationalist and double league winning player who knows the SPL inside out by now

everyone that has a go at the likes of broadfoot and naismith saying they'd be better on the bench/sold etc in place of our youths,

our youths havent been good enough to dominate/win the youth leagues for a while now, few cups aside they havent set the heather alight, whereas the likes of naismith, broadfoot, whittaker etc have all done it for SPL teams

apart from Wilson and fleck (apparently) successive rangers managers have felt that our youths arent good enough to use on a consistent basis

Eh just cos our youth team aren't great doesn't mean our individual players aren't.

Perry has been praised everytime he has played .

I forget how much Broadfoot put into last season....didn't we go on our best run when he was injured??

IMO Perry is a better CH than Kirk and Whitty a better attacking full back than Kirk.....Webster and Weir are better too and if Boogie stays he is also better so where does that leave him?

This is my opinion....i just think he's a poor poor player and being my age i've seen some belters.

Eh just cos our youth team aren't great doesn't mean our individual players aren't.

Perry has been praised everytime he has played .

apart from wilson and fleck, no other youth player has forced himself into contention for the first team, even with kenny mcdowell in our management team we still only have fleck and wilson coming through to the first team this season, mcdowell's record with youths is quite impressive, remember when we didnt manage to fill our subs bench last season away to hamilton, even with a threadbare squad smith still didnt bring any young guys into the team to supplement it

I forget how much Broadfoot put into last season....didn't we go on our best run when he was injured??

didnt we play absolutely gash when he was injured as well,

IMO Perry is a better CH than Kirk and Whitty a better attacking full back than Kirk.....Webster and Weir are better too and if Boogie stays he is also better so where does that leave him?

This is my opinion....i just think he's a poor poor player and being my age i've seen some belters.

your opinion is fair mate..........................................

just think your talking garbage :P

wee joke :lol:

As long as he's still on low wages I can just about live with him being given another 3 years.

I still have nightmares at the thought of him at center back.

Scott McDonald at Ibrox and last day of the season against Motherwell when he went into meltdown mode keep coming to mind.

Cheap cover at right back. I can handle that.