Kirk Broadfoot signs new 3 year contract - official

Boab

Its official: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=154279&view=findpost&p=1058048017

By GARETH LAW

Published: Today

Kirk Broadfoot is set to accept a bumper new three-year deal to stay at Rangers.

The former St Mirren defender has been out of contract all summer.

Gers chiefs had slapped in one offer at the end of the season in a bid to hold onto the 25-year-old but Broadfoot chose to bide his time with Premier League new boys Blackpool and cash-hit Championship side Portsmouth both interested.

However, the Ibrox outfit returned to the table with a fresh offer last week.

Now Scotland cap Broadfoot looks set to agree to the terms in the next few days as his new package will put him on a par with some of the other first-team stars.

It will be a massive boost for Gers boss Walter Smith, who already looks set to lose defensive duo Madjid Bougherra and Danny Wilson this summer.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3022262/Kirk-Broadfoot-is-set-to-stay-at-Rangers.html#ixzz0rTAL2KXD

Good news?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By GARETH LAW

Published: Today

Kirk Broadfoot is set to accept a bumper new three-year deal to stay at Rangers.

The former St Mirren defender has been out of contract all summer.

Gers chiefs had slapped in one offer at the end of the season in a bid to hold onto the 25-year-old but Broadfoot chose to bide his time with Premier League new boys Blackpool and cash-hit Championship side Portsmouth both interested.

However, the Ibrox outfit returned to the table with a fresh offer last week.

Now Scotland cap Broadfoot looks set to agree to the terms in the next few days as his new package will put him on a par with some of the other first-team stars.

It will be a massive boost for Gers boss Walter Smith, who already looks set to lose defensive duo Madjid Bougherra and Danny Wilson this summer.

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz0rTAL2KXD

Good news?

I do like the ? after good news, it sums it up for me.

We need to retain our defensive strength if, as likely, we lose Bougherra & Wilson over the coming months.

However, Broadfoot is .. well, not exactly the standard i was hoping for but he is more than capable of doing a job in the SPL.

Great news, guy can play all across the back and allows us to spend money on other parts of the squad rather than spending some of the transfer kitty on defensive backups.

He is a liabilty in central defence; level of first division at best. A disaster at left back and not the answer at right back.

We allow vital players to leave without making much effort to keep them and give Broadfoot a wage rise and a 3 year contract; wonder what he has on the management team?

Great news, guy can play all across the back and allows us to spend money on other parts of the squad rather than spending some of the transfer kitty on defensive backups.

He is a liabilty in central defence; level of first division at best. A disaster at left back and not the answer at right back.

We allow vital players to leave without making much effort to keep them and give Broadfoot a wage rise and a 3 year contract; wonder what he has on the management team?

As he's been a disaster in every game. :rolleyes:

Defensively, Broadfoot is better than Whittaker. But that wouldn't be hard.

No-one has worked harder to achieve their dream than Broadfoot. If the rest of the squad (Boyd, for instance) worked as hard at their fitness and their overall game as Broadfoot, just think how good they could be. He'll never be a world-beater, indeed, he'll never even be in the 'really good' category - but the abuse Broadfoot takes is unwarranted.

No-one has worked harder to achieve their dream than Broadfoot. If the rest of the squad (Boyd, for instance) worked as hard at their fitness and their overall game as Broadfoot, just think how good they could be. He'll never be a world-beater, indeed, he'll never even be in the 'really good' category - but the abuse Broadfoot takes is unwarranted.

This(tu)

This (tu) , also a run of a few games early on in the new season to pump his confidence up a bit , and if he stays injury free i think Walter will use him in as many games as possible :21:

I am not really happy about this at all, not good enough and never will be. He has no pace at all and is a bombscare most of the time. We should be looking for first team players not giving wage increases to subs.

Kirk Broadfoot doesn't deserve a wage rise.

Back-up player at best, and if he does sign a new deal, hopefully won't feature that often.

Put perfectly. I have no idea what his wage is, but I hope it isn't too much. The only thing I can possibly see coming from this is Davis back in to CM, Whittaker RM and Broadfoot RB. If the plan is to leave Whittaker out, we will certainly miss his goals. That has been one of the great things, goals not only coming from the forwards.

I would prefer him to move on. And I really hope we have not increased his wages by a hefty amount.

And I think we will need to sign another CB if Wilson and Bougherra leave. That will leave us with CB options of Weir, Webster and Broadfoot and tbh thhat does not fill me with confidence.

I am not really happy about this at all, not good enough and never will be. He has no pace at all and is a bombscare most of the time. We should be looking for first team players not giving wage increases to subs.

This (tu)