3-5-2 Next Season?

McGregor

Whittaker - Bougherra - Webster - Papac

RM/W Davis - Thomson - LM/W

ST - Miller

Get a right and left sided midfielder in, along with a striker, and there is a decent starting 11. I'd love us to be able to bring in a couple of fullbacks, but that isn't going to happen. Kenny Miller isn't going to get dropped, and neither is David Weir, should he sign a new deal!?

Lee McCulloch will no doubt be a regular aswell, forcing Davis onto the right.

If Bougherra is sold, then we need to replace him with quality - not Broadfoot, Goncalves...

McGregor

ST - Miller

Get a right and left sided midfielder in, along with a striker, and there is a decent starting 11. I'd love us to be able to bring in a couple of fullbacks, but that isn't going to happen. Kenny Miller isn't going to get dropped, and neither is David Weir, should he sign a new deal!?

If Bougherra is sold, then we need to replace him with quality - not Broadfoot, Goncalves...

after paying over 3m i would think lafferty is gonna start a lot of games next year

McGregor

ST - Miller

after paying over 3m i would think lafferty is gonna start a lot of games next year

On the fcuking left no doubt :anguish:

He's been left out a number of times over the last few seasons, I'm not too sure if he will be a regular, hopefully not!

McGregor

ST - Miller

On the fcuking left no doubt :anguish:

He's been left out a number of times over the last few seasons, I'm not too sure if he will be a regular, hopefully not!

aye but with no boyd and no novo if we dont sign anyone then i think him and miller will be our front pairing not that im saying they should be but i think they will be

McGregor

Webster Boughera Wilson

Edu

Whittaker Davis Fleck Thomson

Lafferty Miller

If they're all still here. I think Davis and Fleck as attacking midfielders would be excellent, not quite so sure about Lafferty up front but he's useless either wide left or right.

McGregor

Webster Boughera Wilson

Edu

Whittaker Davis Fleck Thomson

Lafferty Miller

If they're all still here. I think Davis and Fleck as attacking midfielders would be excellent, not quite so sure about Lafferty up front but he's useless either wide left or right.

Kevin Thomson on the wing? <cr>

Walter will stick with the same formation we used last season. He isn't going to change that. Plus that is stupid, 3 at the back, a better standard of players is needed to make it work. Otherwise teams will just take advantage, be it long balls if the standard of players isn't up to that system.

I don't think Sasa could run up and down the touchline all day. Much better left back than wing back, IMO. The only real advantage would be having Weir sweeping, that way his lack of pace won't be an issue. Not for me, I prefer 4-4-2.

Wouldn't be against it if we had some good wing-backs, Gregg and Whittaker on the other other might work.

Magic could be the libero, bursting forward.

4-3-1-2 would work with a more attacking LB than Sasa. Attacking players in Whittaker, New LB, Davis and Fleck would be balanced out by Edu and Thomo helping out the 2 CBs (WBs have to drop back as well when not in possession).

Sasa is a good defender, but we will need more wide options if struggling to break teams down.

Depends if Smith buys a wide player and if that player is a WB or a winger.

no one has picked up the fact that we'd have quite possibly the slowest defender in the SPL right slap bang in the middle of our back 3,

no thanks, 4-1-3-2 for me

Nonsense. If anything it would suit Weir much better than a flat back 4. Bougie and whoever else is playing there mark the strikers with Weir sweeping up behind. With his ability to read the game it would be perfect for him as yu don't need to be physically quick, just quick thinking.

Having said that I still don't think we should do it as we don't have a left back who would fit the bill. Ironically Smith would have been better as a wing back.

no one has picked up the fact that we'd have quite possibly the slowest defender in the SPL right slap bang in the middle of our back 3,

no thanks, 4-1-3-2 for me

Nonsense. If anything it would suit Weir much better than a flat back 4. Bougie and whoever else is playing there mark the strikers with Weir sweeping up behind. With his ability to read the game it would be perfect for him as yu don't need to be physically quick, just quick thinking.

Having said that I still don't think we should do it as we don't have a left back who would fit the bill. Ironically Smith would have been better as a wing back.

That's what I've been thinking all along Gid.

Having three CBs would surely be easier than having two!

We don't have the players to play a 3-5-2. And I really hope we don't go with the usual 4-4-2 of Davis on the right, McCulloch and Thomson in CM and Lafferty/Naismith/Fleck on the left. I am not a massive fan of the 4-4-2 but if we are going to play it then it has to be with two wide men and Davis in the middle beside Thomson/Edu.

I would also like to see a 4-3-3 tried at some stage with a midfield three of Davis-Edu-Thomson and Miller as the front man with support coming from Fleck/Lafferty/Naismith or some new faces? The 4-3-3 is a much more flexible formation that suits our players rather than pushing players out of position and having no width, balance or movement in the side.

Guest therabbitt

I'd like to see us with that 4-3-3, it'd fit our players well.

McGregor/Alexander

Whittaker/Broadfoot Weir/Webster Wilson/Bougherra Papac/Wylde

Edu/McCulloch Thomson Davis

Miller Lafferty/Velicka Fleck/Naismith

To be honest, the squad fits very well into that shape. Another left back, another striker and a wide midfielder, preferrably one that can play on both sides and we'd be in a great position.

I'd like to see us with that 4-3-3, it'd fit our players well.

McGregor/Alexander

Whittaker/Broadfoot Weir/Webster Wilson/Bougherra Papac/Wylde

Edu/McCulloch Thomson Davis

Miller Lafferty/Velicka Fleck/Naismith

To be honest, the squad fits very well into that shape. Another left back, another striker and a wide midfielder, preferrably one that can play on both sides and we'd be in a great position.

Couldn't disagree with that. (tu)