PLG on his time at Rangers and Fernando

Boab

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how bad he was he’s acted with dignity and class since he left. He could quite easily left us then absolutely slated us, he hasn’t

What's your thoughts Boab?

Aye, when straight to bed afterwards.

Em, I'm not really sure what to make of PLG on reflection.

A lot of his ideas were right but the players didn't respond.

Signing a centre-back, not keeping Marvin say, was a big mistake.

He flopped, he realises his mistake, he can only go on to be better from this.

Done.. first team eliminated from the world cup.... Cameroon. 10310.gif

Correct.

Like most I bought into it, Viva Le Guen...................

The only thing he 'managed' to do was turn Rangers Fans against a good Rangers man.

Are you really saying me me me Ferguson was a good Rangers man?

PLG got so mnay things wrong but getting rid of Ricksen was one of the best things he did.

When you sign players like Filip Sebo, Libor Sionko, Karl Svensson, William Stanger, Antoine Ponroy, Makhtar N'Diaye and throw them into the SPL you are asking for failure.

The only good thing I can say about him is even though he had money to spend he didn't spend an awful lot and he knew when he had to wealk away.

How dare, A highly successful european manager come to Rangers and try to turn highly paid over inflated egotists into athletes.

Any manager who does not have the support of his captain and most influencial player is doomed to fail.

PLG acted with dignity in this whole affair, he has admitted he made mistakes, will a certain Birmingham player ever realise he did the same,

How dare, A highly successful european manager come to Rangers and try to turn highly paid over inflated egotists into athletes.

Any manager who does not have the support of his captain and most influencial player is doomed to fail.

PLG acted with dignity in this whole affair, he has admitted he made mistakes, will a certain Birmingham player ever realise he did the same,

Very well put.

This

PLG acted with dignity in this whole affair, he has admitted he made mistakes

You can say what you like about Paul Le Guen, and I have pretty much said everything possible about his time at Rangers, in the past, but one thing about the man is that he has acted with dignity, he's acted in a professional, polite manner, and never once had a bad word to say about the club - he's always acted in a way we'd expect from an current/ex-Rangers man.

He's held his hand up and admitted he got it completely wrong, that takes balls. He was right to throw Ricksen out of the club, and he should have volleyed Barry Ferguson out the door aswell.

Did PLG not claim that he 'didn't know what the problem was' when everyone in Scotland could see that our central defence was utterly woeful. That summed up his reign in a nut-shell for me; the other stuff would have mattered a hell of a lot less if we hadn't been conceding shitty goals every week.

100% correct my friend. When it comes down to being a class act Paul Le Guen is in a different league to Barry Ferguson

Le Guen had his own standards on how players should prepare & train but this went againgst the grain for the over-rated ,overpaid Scottish contingent we had back then.

Did PLG not claim that he 'didn't know what the problem was' when everyone in Scotland could see that our central defence was utterly woeful. That summed up his reign in a nut-shell for me; the other stuff would have mattered a hell of a lot less if we hadn't been conceding shitty goals every week.

It's nice and easy to just put all the problems down to having a poor central defence. They managed to be successful in Europe.

Why so many people refused to acknowledge that the mistakes were made by many different people has always seemed strange.

the PLG era is a hard one to sum up, he made mistakes, but he was also fighting against a force from within

i remember being at his final game, away to motherwell, and when boyd stuck away that penalty (the only thing the lazy bastard done all that game i might add) he held up 6 fingers in reference to ferguson,, you could tell that was his last days

like someone else said, we were unbeaten in europe under him, yet the players couldnt do it in the SPL

would he have succeeded in scotland? eventually perhaps, but you never get the time at the old firm unless you are top

a thought this would be the start of many years of titles under PLG but you know somethings wrong when he dosent want players tackling during training. In europe we played really good stuff as well but he just couldnt hack it in scotland for some reason!

It's nice and easy to just put all the problems down to having a poor central defence. They managed to be successful in Europe.

Why so many people refused to acknowledge that the mistakes were made by many different people has always seemed strange.

I accept that the problem was multi-faceted; the point I was making is that if the boss can't see the problem that was painfully obvious to the entire nation then it doesn't really bode well for him or for the club.

a thought this would be the start of many years of titles under PLG but you know somethings wrong when he dosent want players tackling during training. In europe we played really good stuff as well but he just couldnt hack it in scotland for some reason!

Yet another story which was twisted to suit his detractors aims.

The 'no tackling' was done in one session per week to improve positioning when you didn't have the ball. It's not the Scottish way though.

Yet another story which was twisted to suit his detractors aims.

The 'no tackling' was done in one session per week to improve positioning when you didn't have the ball. It's not the Scottish way though.

Come on Casey....dont you know we gave the world the game, we have nothing to learn

He flopped, he realises his mistake, he can only go on to be better from this.

Done.. first team eliminated from the world cup.... Cameroon. 10310.gif

Correct.

Like most I bought into it, Viva Le Guen...................

The only thing he 'managed' to do was turn Rangers Fans against a good Rangers man.

Are you really saying me me me Ferguson was a good Rangers man?

Sorry for the delay, never noticed this.

Yes I am.

PLG had an easy way to get the backing of the fans over the so called Ferguson fiasco.

Regarding the two games that he chose to announce of Ferguson's refusal to do what he was told on the pitch and go directly against his orders.

First game, accept it and warn him that it won't be tolerated in future. (which surely he did??)

2nd game, substitute him (despite the way the game was going) when it is clear that 'again' his captain is going against his orders, in the after match press conference when quizzed on why he would substitute his best player, he answers the question honestly and openly.

There is not a Rangers fan in the land who would not have backed the manager in those circumstances.

Instead he chose to try and ruin the lad for it when it was clear he himself was losing it, I like most would have loved PLG to be a success, towards the end of his reign he did not want the chance to succeed. He knew himself he had made a monumental error in coming to Scotland under the circumstances he did, he wanted out, he was offered the backing and he refused it, there was no need to take Ferguson down with him.

The question you posed and treatment of Ferguson since then proves that PLGs tactic did somewhat work.

I have no respect for the man for that reason and that reason alone. Just my opinion.

PLG way of being Rangers manager was uncomftable

banning slide tackling in Training i mean who does that? I was glad the players knew his failure was high after the Motherwell match when Ferguson was dropped i had enough of him , i have never experianced a failed gers manager in my life untill his appointment