Replacement for Kris Boyd?

Muff

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of me will die inside if Velicka is a first-teamer next year.

Cant see it, we tried to punt him away on loan, if anything, we should try and give him to Dundee UTD for a couple of their players

Mario Bermejo could do a job but at 31 I don't know if it would be the best move?

If we are going to sign a striker it won't be a big name and we will probably end up starting the season with Miller-Lafferty up front.

Wish we could afford Nugent. He bang them in for fun up here.

How much do you think it would take to get nugent mate? Fee and wages?

im sure the pompey administrator was on ssn saying 2m would get nugent, wages are another thing, i would bet him being on at least 20 - 30k a week, hes certainly not a 40 or 50k a week player as some fans love to think every player who plays in England is on 50k a week :lol:

he is signable, but whether we have the balls to go for someone like that is another thing

Wish we could afford Nugent. He bang them in for fun up here.

How much do you think it would take to get nugent mate? Fee and wages?

im sure the pompey administrator was on ssn saying 2m would get nugent, wages are another thing, i would bet him being on at least 20 - 30k a week, hes certainly not a 40 or 50k a week player as some fans love to think every player who plays in England is on 50k a week :lol:

he is signable, but whether we have the balls to go for someone like that is another thing

I would pay this for him instead of playing over the top for an SPL forward thats had 1 decent season. tbh

any striker worth their salt should score 20 plus goals for rangers with the amount of chances we create. There are a few names being mentioned in this thread, but personally i'd like someone who is'nt gonna have problems settling in to a new culture

Let's not write Welcome off before he gets here, should it happen.

I assume they naysayers wouldn't take Rooney based on his WC performances either? That's how silly it is.

I really like the big target man/small quick man partnership so someone in the mold of Welcome (I've never seen him play but he at least looks like the big powerful type) along with a Kenny Miller or Goodwillie would probably work quite well.

If we could get Lafferty on form for a season he could be a massive player, some of the performances he has put in have been fantastic but unfortunately the vast majority of the time he has been woeful.

To be fair velicka done pretty well when he got a run in the squad, I reckon he could do us a turn

I must have missed that.

I trust the Gaffer to do the business for us.

Do we really need to replace him, or do we change our system like we tried to do in pre-season last season.

Walter has to decide what route we are going down, I wouldn't be shocked if the 4-4-2 was scrapped this season coming.

There is no way the 4-4-2 will be dropped as it could mean McCulloch loses out.

I would like to see a 4-3-3 being used with the midfielders and all the strikers chipping in with goals instead of relying on one or two players to do the business in front of goal. Steven Whittaker was out third top scorer last season with 11 goals and it is time the midfielders and the likes of Lafferty, Naismith and Fleck chipped in with double figures.

Do we really need to replace him, or do we change our system like we tried to do in pre-season last season.

Walter has to decide what route we are going down, I wouldn't be shocked if the 4-4-2 was scrapped this season coming.

I wouldn't say we need to replace him in terms of like for like but we do need to bolster the strike force.

Miller, Lafferty, Fleck, Little, Velicka doesn't really inspire too much confidence.

There is no way the 4-4-2 will be dropped as it could mean McCulloch loses out.

I would like to see a 4-3-3 being used with the midfielders and all the strikers chipping in with goals instead of relying on one or two players to do the business in front of goal. Steven Whittaker was out third top scorer last season with 11 goals and it is time the midfielders and the likes of Lafferty, Naismith and Fleck chipped in with double figures.

I would say the opposite regarding McCulloch, he'd be more likely to retain a place in a 4-3-3 system. One thing is for sure it's going to be interesting.

If we can actually sign two wingers in the summer, then I'd go back to 4-5-1. Although a more attacking 4-5-1. Davis as an attacking midfielder, McCulloch and Thomson doing the dirty work.