Holman confirmed as target

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the World Soccer World Cup Issue:

Signed by Feyenoord aged just 17. His Dutch football education has added a versatility to his game. Finds fantastic goalscoring positions, but his finisihing has been an issue. Tireless and pacy with a never-say-die attitude.

Sounds like a like-for-like replacement for Novo if you ask me.

A lot of people are talking about his lack of ability, but he sounds exactly the type of player who, IMO would become a fans favourite simply because the vast majority of our fans appreciate and take to a hard working grafter i.e Novo, Brown, Hurlock, McCulloch, Sebo, Miller & Andrews, as much as they appreciate a player of geuine quality.

I hate that attitude. He's a shit footballer but at least he works hard, and gives his all, that will do :anguish:

Sadly for some that is the case; Sebo, Broadfoot, McCulloch... are examples!

I dislike it too, but it happens all the time and it will continue to happen.

I've read all the comments on here about the Holman rumour and I agree with the guys who said it at least gives us something to talk about instead of getting our knickers in a twist over our lack of transfer let-downs.

If it comes to bottom of the barrel that we do actually sign him, this is what we will get.

A guy who plays more as a right sided midfield/winger who will run all day ( at times like a headless chicken ) and get tangled up with Broadfoot or Whittaker.He has the physical attributes of a cross between Charlie Adam and Lee McCulloch and plays somewhat like them also at times.

He has the enthusiasm of Nach Novo without the talent or the goalscoring ability.

He's not afraid to tackle if needed and he may...just may, improve to the standard of Steven Naismith on a good day.....Apart from all that, He's some player:anguish:

Here's what was written about him in the "FourFourTwo" magazine just before the Australian WC squad was selected.....Make up your own minds fellow Bears:pipe:

FOOTBALL fans are some of the hardest of customers to please. Becoming a fans’ favourite is no easy tag for a player to earn, while unpopular status is an even harder one to shake off. Just ask Socceroo Brett Holman.

The Australian public has more than got off on the wrong foot with Holman. Many despair at his inclusion in the Socceroos squad, and few names spark such negative scrutiny within the green and gold faithful.

Amongst his detractors are the 582 members of the Facebook group 'Brett Holman is a joke', or followers of the other many anti-Holman groups on the networking site including 'Do not play Brett Holman', 'Get Brett Holman out the Socceroos squad' and 'If Brett Holman goes to South Africa. I'm NOT!'.

Our hands aren't clean this end either. The August issue gave our rundown of the '50 Best Aussie Players In The World' including a total of 19 A-League players, but no Holman.

Only know of him thanks to the World Cup. Cant say it would be a signing to get the pulses racing but I suppose we are getting to the stage that anything will do as long as its a signing :anguish:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

HOW MANY GINGER BOTTLES A WEEK ARE USE PAYIN HIM

Nothing, he hasn't signed, come back after you get education.

HOW MANY GINGER BOTTLES A WEEK ARE USE PAYIN HIM

That's such a typical Timmy reply.

Go to school, earn some dignity, wash, get a job and stop typing in caps and then come back on this forum.

And by saying that it means he will never be back here.

Please don't sign Holman. He would be another dud we don't need. Had a couple of good moments during the WC but unless his stint at AZ has improved him 100% his general passing and positional play is crap. We can do better.

I know it's a YouTube video, but this type of performance is what Brett Holman is noted for - IF we are interested, I wonder how often we have watched him play?

Is that video a pisstake, what does he do in it?

I know it's a YouTube video, but this type of performance is what Brett Holman is noted for - IF we are interested, I wonder how often we have watched him play?

Is that video a pisstake, what does he do in it?

That's the point m8 - does f*ck all except give the ball away and fall down.