Do you trust the people who run Rangers?

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust the people who run Rangers?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont trust any of them. Murray Bain even AJ, are all useless muppets!

AJ's not done anything wrong yet, hes just here to help clear up the mess murray and bain have made

(tu)

We used to be run by wealthy men who were first and foremost Rangers supporters. Now we are run by men who are sucking all the money out of the club and who dont care about the product on the pitch or the supporters

I trust Walter as the only manager who we could get to keep this small bunch of players challenging for domestic honours....Europe? haven't got the quality nor the quantity just now.

Do I trust the NON-FOOTBALLING money suckers at Ibrox? I think I'd rather trust Jim Torbett in a fucking kindergarten.:anguish:

trust murray and bain? i fucking hate them, how can i trust them!?! <cr>

do i trust Walter? depends, in Europe, NO to win the league, i dont know, to get us the players we need, i dont know

far too much uncertainty about our club with regards to everything

its a horrible question but an important one, we should trust everything about our club, we should be able to put as much money as we want and can afford into our club and know that it will be put to the best possible use, sadly thats not the case.

You don't know if you trust Walter Smith to win the league? How much more convincing do you need? Honestly.

i dont trust them 1 bit.. and honestly the way the mob across the city r spending cash and leaving us in there wake i dont think we,ll hold our title either... lemon will make us look daft with all there new players and cash to burn

How can we trust them when they issue contradictory statements on a daily basis.

Yes we have money, no we dont.

We don't need to sell our best players, whoops there goes another one.

There is no tax issue, well there is a tax issue but it's a MIH matter, I can confirm it's a Rangers matter.

Walter will have some of the CL money and the proceeds of any transfers, Walter will get a percentage of proceeds.

That's before we even consider where last years money has gone. We have seen our team whittled to the bone, players sold, wages reduced, numbers cut, yet despite £15m CL cash, all the season book monies and the profit from our most profitable year ever, all we managed to do was knock £4m off our debt. Where do the rest go ?

The sums just don't add up.

One man owns our club, he runs it (all be it with strings) everyone takes their orders from him. so on that understanding i am saying, NO i don't trust the people running Rangers

One man owns our club, he runs it (all be it with strings) everyone takes their orders from him. so on that understanding i am saying, NO i don't trust the people running Rangers

Resorting to "Just obeying orders" hasn't got a great historical record.

Resorting to "Just obeying orders" hasn't got a great historical record.

Aye if your in the Waffen SS, However when your an employee on 300k and more a year, you do as you are told or the puppet master will get some other puppet with no knowledge of Rangers to do his bidding utterly unchallenged. Some would say that is what is certainly happening with AJ AND Bain, but i think they have stood up against (somewhat meekly i add) the master illusionist sometimes in the recent past?.

Loaded question and I didn't vote as the answer is more complex than a simple yes or no.

I will say this much when it comes to people at Ibrox that I feel are truly there for the good of the club then I would have to say I trust Walter ,Ally and Kenny 100% - without hesitation. :sherlock:

We have just come, with on field sucess, through one of the most financially difficult, if not the most difficult, period in our history, winning 8 trophies including the last 2 SPL titles under the current management team (and by management I mean Murray, AJ, Bain and Smith).

Football has changed drastically and dramatically. Big clubs in small countries are all struggling. . And the team at the helm; MUrray, who appointed Muir or at least approved it (plus he signed Bain and Smith); Bain whom has been credited by Murray, Smith and AJ for doing a fantastic job with the banks and behind the scenes, and of course Walter who has delivered success on the field despite the downsizing. Despite the crap spouted by many on here there has been no lies from the club, they HAVE kept us informed of what was happening when they can.

Big yes from me!

I do trust the people that run Rangers, but not unreservedly, and not on all matters.

There are clear inconsistencies about what we, the fans, were told at the end of last season and what we are being told now- if anyone reads the narrative coming from the club now, it is one were the club seem to have no one to set the record straight time again and we just drift along with a barrage of headlines that insinuate that people are jumping a sinking ship.

However, I don't believe our stewards are acting out of either incompetence nor malice. Since the inception of the Premiership in England, the Rangers board have had to navigate through the dismal reality that we can no longer compete with wages etc of England and the 'big leagues' of the world; when we could, this club was not found wanting when it came to fulfilling its ambitions. Blackburn Rovers can play to empty stadiums and still outspend Rangers, that is the reality every fan has to face, and those that bleat(who can afford it) that they won't be renewing their season tickets unless the product on the park improves should re-look at their relationship with the club- Your Club Needs You! We make TV money that does not reflect the stature of our club, we are fan based, and if the fans don't attend, then the commercial reality will become ever more fractured.

At Rangers, we are in a scenario that if we don't qualify for the CL half of our revenue is taken away- that is unreasonable, and yet it is the climate the club finds itself in. Uefa should be looking to help clubs like Rangers, because the rollercoaster that the club faces in this regard every summer is not tenable to having long term stability. One of the things that should be looked at is the club's ability to generate its own TV deals, that way we live in the 21st century, where our fans can contribute to a TV deal that allows them to watch Rangers matches, and the club are rewarded- with the digital age should come the democratic age, and football authorities have to waken up to the fact that a club like Rangers cannot exist fully functional in archaic TV deals just to suit the Kilmarnocks of this world.

This is the reality that David Murray and the board have had to adjust to. The Premiership has not only made our league suffer; the Dutch league has been priced out, the Swedish league and , to a certain extent, even the Italian League. We cannot go on like this, and if we have to, then we will have to adapt to a semi pre-Souness era with players who the Premiership don't want. We live in an environment where PSV or Ajax, mighty names from the past, would be extending themselves to ever get to a CL final, and that is the environment the Rangers find themselves in as well.

I do trust the people that run Rangers, but not unreservedly, and not on all matters.

There are clear inconsistencies about what we, the fans, were told at the end of last season and what we are being told now- if anyone reads the narrative coming from the club now, it is one were the club seem to have no one to set the record straight time again and we just drift along with a barrage of headlines that insinuate that people are jumping a sinking ship.

However, I don't believe our stewards are acting out of either incompetence nor malice. Since the inception of the Premiership in England, the Rangers board have had to navigate through the dismal reality that we can no longer compete with wages etc of England and the 'big leagues' of the world; when we could, this club was not found wanting when it came to fulfilling its ambitions. Blackburn Rovers can play to empty stadiums and still outspend Rangers, that is the reality every fan has to face, and those that bleat(who can afford it) that they won't be renewing their season tickets unless the product on the park improves should re-look at their relationship with the club- Your Club Needs You! We make TV money that does not reflect the stature of our club, we are fan based, and if the fans don't attend, then the commercial reality will become ever more fractured.

At Rangers, we are in a scenario that if we don't qualify for the CL half of our revenue is taken away- that is unreasonable, and yet it is the climate the club finds itself in. Uefa should be looking to help clubs like Rangers, because the rollercoaster that the club faces in this regard every summer is not tenable to having long term stability. One of the things that should be looked at is the club's ability to generate its own TV deals, that way we live in the 21st century, where our fans can contribute to a TV deal that allows them to watch Rangers matches, and the club are rewarded- with the digital age should come the democratic age, and football authorities have to waken up to the fact that a club like Rangers cannot exist fully functional in archaic TV deals just to suit the Kilmarnocks of this world.

This is the reality that David Murray and the board have had to adjust to. The Premiership has not only made our league suffer; the Dutch league has been priced out, the Swedish league and , to a certain extent, even the Italian League. We cannot go on like this, and if we have to, then we will have to adapt to a semi pre-Souness era with players who the Premiership don't want. We live in an environment where PSV or Ajax, mighty names from the past, would be extending themselves to ever get to a CL final, and that is the environment the Rangers find themselves in as well.

Fantastic post! 100% agree - and we have to look to UEFA to sort this - the CL was meant to LEVEL the playing field and instead created a super tier, TV had already created differentials because if you are NOT in a big market then revenue is decreased. One answer would be to make all games subscription based - then the teams with the biggest support (us) would have maintained their position. I wonder how many people watch Blackburn Vs Burnley compared to sat Rangers Vs Dundee United - I suspect we would still have the larger audience BUT the way the deals were done with the league mean (as you say) Blackburn can outspend us without any fans! Go figure - all clubs should be free, perjhaps even forced to do their own deal - it may not even the playing field but it would make us stronger.

I trust no-one at Ibrox.

Although, my hate is mainly directed at one man, the charlatan.

Not once but twice this 'custodian' has sneaked into the background, just before announcing crippling debts, without so much as an apology to the fans (or customers to him).

He has created this mess, no-one else, him.

Why people defend this asset stripper is way beyond me.

The day he finally goes the better for Rangers FC.