Bougherra( if he's staying)

polar bear

I posted something similar this time last year. If Bougherra is still with us,let's get the best out of him,and play him right back,

or right mid-field(we have plenty cover at CB) he could create a lot for us going forward,and he can always double back and

help at the back,when needed.I honestly think this is the way to go. (tu)

Why can't people grasp the notion that Bougherra is a centre half?

I guess you have never watched Bougherra play for his country then :rolleyes:

Also all his previous managers have tried in vain,to convince him that mid-field could be his best position. :unsure:

Play him in his proper position, centre half!

So you are another one who is convinced that Centre half is his best position? let's face it Muff,we are just as likely to find

him half way up the park,in the left mid-field during a game.Bottom line is:Centre half is position we are well covered in,let's

Try something different with him,as I see it,we have nothing to lose. (tu)

Also all his previous managers have tried in vain,to convince him that mid-field could be his best position. :unsure:

You mean where he played on the right hand side of a back three. That's a totally different thing to playing right back or even as a winger :rolleyes:

Bougherra has said countless times that he sees himself as a centre half and I think he'd be a better judge than Paul Sturrock(who tried to convert him at Sheffield Wednesday before Bougherra told him to GTF) where he feels most comfortable.

He played on the right hand side of what was basically a back 3 for Algeria.

So anyone who wants him to play right back wants a return to the 3-5-2 days?

You mean where he played on the right hand side of a back three. That's a totally different thing to playing right back or even as a winger :rolleyes:

Bougherra has said countless times that he sees himself as a centre half and I think he'd be a better judge than Paul Sturrock(who tried to convert him at Sheffield Wednesday before Bougherra told him to GTF) where he feels most comfortable.

I'm quite happy with Weir,Webster,and Wilson looking after the CB position,Jesus! Bougherra was missing in action for how many

game last season? and we still looked solid at the back.We have an extra CB now,that can add something else to our team in a

different role,that could really benefit our performances,I say let's give it a try at least. (tu)

I would definitely be trying him at right back, no question. Centre back is our biggest strength. Right back is our biggest weakness, and despite Whittaker's improved form in the second half of the season, too many sides ripped us apart down the right side domestically and in europe last season. It also means that in our tougher matches, we've had Davis unable to be as influential going forward as he's had to babysit Whittaker for most of the game. If Bougherra was at right back, up against McGeady for example, I'd have no probelms leaving him one on one, the way we could with Hutton.

It would be a waste of our resources to have 2 from Weir, Webster and Wilson kicking their heels on the bench. Bougherra at right back, two from Weir, Webster, Wilson starting and we have a back four that good sides can't 'get at' so easily this season. Particularly in europe.

I have, hes not the same player at right back and is definitely a centre half

I have, hes not the same player at right back and is definitely a centre half

Well if you say so,then it must be right :rolleyes: I rest my case. :blush:

no, boughera is a CB, and is needed in defence to stop everything that comes at us.

think of the last OF game of the season, at 0-0, Celtic broke, 3 on 1, boogie stepped up, slid in, got the ball calmly, and passed it up the field.

tell me one other player that could do that at CB...?

I repeat:

He played on the right of what was basically a 3 man defence

No thanks, CB is his best position, and i don't think we'd still have a strong pairing in CB without Bougie, Weir & Wilson, Weir & Webster, Webster & Wilson, no thanks, rather have Bougie with any of them