Coisty on Chis Eagles: - Btw - Ally is not a legend its being said...

Boab

From ROBERT GRIEVE in Sydney

Published: Today

Medals and money.

Ally McCoist earned plenty of both from his playing days.

He knows which one he'll be telling his grandkids about when he's older and greyer than he is now.

Problem is, the Rangers legend fears that's NOT the case with the modern-day player.

As SunSport revealed last week, Chris Eagles knocked back a move from Burnley to the SPL champions which would have seen him double his money.

Going from £7,000 a week to a whopping £15,000 wasn't enough for the 24-year-old winger.

McCoist isn't surprised. He's watched the game he loves torn apart by greedy gold-diggers only interested in earning a fast buck.

He said: "It disappoints me but it's a sign of the times.

"He's entitled to do what he wants but I find it strange that you'd knock back a club like Rangers for somewhere like that in the Championship.

"Players have changed in terms of what they want out the game.

"I can't speak for them all but I'm not so sure there is the same desire to win trophies as there was before.

"Could we imagine this five years ago, players in the Championship knocking back moves to Rangers and Celtic? It's crazy, absolutely crazy.

"That's more a reflection on finance than it is a reflection on the state of our game and our clubs.

"We're affected by it, of that there is absolutely no doubt.

"Money's dictating just about everything at the moment. Look at the value of the Championship play-off game between Cardiff and Blackpool.

"It was two average teams but they were playing in the most valuable game in the world.

"It was a good match but I don't think anyone could deny the standard was average.

"With players, I don't know what goes on inside their heads. They could maybe argue that you can't pay your mortgage with your medals.

"My answer to that, though, is that you can't show your mortgage to your grandkids.

"I know what I'd rather do. I'd rather be winning leagues and cups with Rangers as a player. Coming here is still a good living but you'd have to ask Chris Eagles why he didn't want to come.

"I didn't speak to him, I didn't even meet him, but it's an indication of how difficult it is.

"Five or ten years ago and things were different. We had guys like Terry Hurlock who ended up doing a fantastic job for us."

Rangers can't delve into the English market any more and fill their squad with experienced pros.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3067125/You-cant-pay-the-mortgage-with-medals.html#ixzz0uYOIocu2

What a quote, he'll always be my hero.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this instance, McCoist has knocked back Rangers 3 times in his lifetime. He's not a legend imo - but I enjoyed all his goals against the tims.

So our leading goalscorer isnt a legend? What utter pish. Its no longer Friday so fish isnt in as much demand as it was :pipe:

In this instance, McCoist has knocked back Rangers 3 times in his lifetime. He's not a legend imo - but I enjoyed all his goals against the tims.

So our leading goalscorer isnt a legend? What utter pish. Its no longer Friday so fish isnt in as much demand as it was :pipe:

He's not a legend in my eyes. Again, typical example of someone on here no being able to respect someones opinion without resorting to the "pish" and "talking shite" lines.

A REAL Rangers man doesn't knock us back 3 times in one lifetime. Simple.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, that's upto the.

Anyone thats our regular for striker for 14 years (bar a couple of Souness seasons) should get almost 300 goals. Fuck me, Boyd was almost half way there after 4 seasons.

you're probably right mate he's not a legend doh:craphead: , I mean being the clubs all time top goalscorer but he's not a legend ? get a grip, seriously

What?

What you on about "what" ?

Before he went to Sunderland from St Johnstone, once when he was at Sunderland, then he came then Mcleish made it public in 2006 he wanted him on the coaching staff and he said no due to his media contract with Daily Record.

It's not lies, it's the truth. He knock us back 3 times before he was 45. Is that a Rangers legend? not to me.

He's not a legend in my eyes. Again, typical example of someone on here no being able to respect someones opinion without resorting to the "pish" and "talking shite" lines.

Anyone thats our regular for striker for 14 years (bar a couple of Souness seasons) should get almost 300 goals. Fuck me, Boyd was almost half way there after 4 seasons.

You don't know very much about football, do you? It's not how long you're at the club, it's the strike rate. 355 goals in 581 appearances is a remarkable statistic by ANY standards. Given that he spent much of the time injured and on the bench makes it even more so.

You're just being petty now.

To say Ally McCoist isn't a Rangers legend is beyond hilarious.

You don't know very much about football, do you? It's not how long you're at the club, it's the strike rate. 355 goals in 581 appearances is a remarkable statistic by ANY standards. Given that he spent much of the time injured and on the bench makes it even more so.

Every fucker hates Boyd now ... Boyd would have smashed his record in about 5 years or so with the right service. Would that make Boyd a legend?

What?

Before he went to Sunderland from St Johnstone, once when he was at Sunderland, then he came then Mcleish made it public in 2006 he wanted him on the coaching staff and he said no due to his media contract with Daily Record.

It's not lies, it's the truth. He knock us back 3 times before he was 45. Is that a Rangers legend? not to me.

He went to Sunderland from St Johnstone because he didn't think he'd get a game at Rangers at the point. Once he was here he gave 15 years of loyal service. Davie Cooper did the same. Rangers wanted him before he went to Clydebank as a youngster. He knew if it was meant to be, he'd end up there. So did Coisty.

As for coaching under McLeish, how is it for you to tell Ally what he should do in his "retirement"? One year later and he was back here. Hardly a betrayal is it?

Jesus. What's the matter with some people? The guy fucking well bleeds Rangers.

You're just being petty now.

To say Ally McCoist isn't a Rangers legend is beyond hilarious.

I'm not being petty at all.

McCoist knows where his bread is buttered with Rangers and hs the fans eating out of the palm of his hand. This is the problem.

He was a cracking forward, but herein lies the point people are missing.

Would you knock back Rangers 3 times before your early 40's?

Thought not.

Goalscoring feats were amazing, I mentioned that.

Some people need to look at my point a bit deeper.

you need a wee lie doon and a nap mate :beer1:

unbeleiveable statement (in my opinion that is) fuck it! that is utter nonsense mate

Every fucker hates Boyd now ... Boyd would have smashed his record in about 5 years or so with the right service. Would that make Boyd a legend?

Boyd scored one goal against celtic. Boyd didn't celebrate when his club won the league this year. Boyd knocked back 18 grand a week to play for his "boyhood heroes". Boyd was here 4 years, Ally 15. Do you really want to carry on with this? :anguish:<cr>

boyd doesn't even deserve to be classed on the same page as mccoist there was a lot more to mccoist than scoring goals don't think i could say the same about boyd

What?

He went to Sunderland from St Johnstone because he didn't think he'd get a game at Rangers at the point. Once he was here he gave 15 years of loyal service. Davie Cooper did the same. Rangers wanted him before he went to Clydebank as a youngster. He knew if it was meant to be, he'd end up there. So did Coisty.

As for coaching under McLeish, how is it for you to tell Ally what he should do in his "retirement"? One year later and he was back here. Hardly a betrayal is it?

Jesus. What's the matter with some people? The guy fucking well bleeds Rangers.

The bits in bold

1) Remind me who was at Ibrox again? Daziell, Clark, Williamson and "maybe" Colin Jacksons late days?

2) Eck basically begged him. I wasn't a Mcleish fan - but he needed his help for his strikers in 2005/2006 season and he refused beacuse it would be unfair to his media pals. I have the clippy in a box somewhere beacuse it came out about the same time as the Villareal riot.

3) Try 2 years.

Boyd scored one goal against celtic. Boyd didn't celebrate when his club won the league this year. Boyd knocked back 18 grand a week to play for his "boyhood heroes". Boyd was here 4 years, Ally 15. Do you really want to carry on with this? :anguish:<cr>

That's what I said in my first post, I enjoyed all his goals against the tims, so stop being obtuse on purpose please.