Coisty on Chis Eagles: - Btw - Ally is not a legend its being said...

Boab

In this instance, McCoist has knocked back Rangers 3 times in his lifetime. He's not a legend imo - but I enjoyed all his goals against the tims.

So our leading goalscorer isnt a legend? What utter pish. Its no longer Friday so fish isnt in as much demand as it was :pipe:

He's not a legend in my eyes. Again, typical example of someone on here no being able to respect someones opinion without resorting to the "pish" and "talking shite" lines.

A REAL Rangers man doesn't knock us back 3 times in one lifetime. Simple.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, that's upto the.

Anyone thats our regular for striker for 14 years (bar a couple of Souness seasons) should get almost 300 goals. Fuck me, Boyd was almost half way there after 4 seasons.

You're just being petty now.

To say Ally McCoist isn't a Rangers legend is beyond hilarious.

I'm not being petty at all.

McCoist knows where his bread is buttered with Rangers and hs the fans eating out of the palm of his hand. This is the problem.

He was a cracking forward, but herein lies the point people are missing.

Would you knock back Rangers 3 times before your early 40's?

Thought not.

Goalscoring feats were amazing, I mentioned that.

Some people need to look at my point a bit deeper.

Firstly, this stuff about bread and butter, its making me hungry. Honestly though, thats called gratitude. I don't recall him thinking he had us eating out his hands last year against Unirea? I sat behind the dugout and heard him receive some of the most awful abuse I've ever heard. We were awful that night, but Ally didn't deserve it. Fucksake, do you honestly think he enjoys watching Rangers falter, just because he knows he has a place in the hearts of the fans? He's a fan like the rest of us!

As for knocking back Rangers, it may not have been the same back then, but plenty of people I know who have been given the chance in pro-youth to go to Rangers have had second thoughts or have turned it down, solely for the fact its unbelievably hard to get past under 16s. Its an intelligent move. Guarantee yourself a better chance of getting into professional football at another club, than go to Rangers too early and get chucked after that age level. Ally was smart.

To be honest, I have no idea at all what you're arguing about now come to think of it. Its Ally fucking McCoist. doh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to bed now anyway.

It's no problem,

come the morning I'll check back and reply to everyones replies thats wants to have a proper debate on this.

McCoist scored a shit load of goals for which im grateful, but legend? nupe.

In this instance, McCoist has knocked back Rangers 3 times in his lifetime. He's not a legend imo - but I enjoyed all his goals against the tims.

So our leading goalscorer isnt a legend? What utter pish. Its no longer Friday so fish isnt in as much demand as it was :pipe:

He's not a legend in my eyes. Again, typical example of someone on here no being able to respect someones opinion without resorting to the "pish" and "talking shite" lines.

A REAL Rangers man doesn't knock us back 3 times in one lifetime. Simple.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, that's upto the.

Anyone thats our regular for striker for 14 years (bar a couple of Souness seasons) should get almost 300 goals. Fuck me, Boyd was almost half way there after 4 seasons.

You're just being petty now.

To say Ally McCoist isn't a Rangers legend is beyond hilarious.

I'm not being petty at all.

McCoist knows where his bread is buttered with Rangers and hs the fans eating out of the palm of his hand. This is the problem.

He was a cracking forward, but herein lies the point people are missing.

Would you knock back Rangers 3 times before your early 40's?

Thought not.

Goalscoring feats were amazing, I mentioned that.

Some people need to look at my point a bit deeper.

Firstly, this stuff about bread and butter, its making me hungry. Honestly though, thats called gratitude. I don't recall him thinking he had us eating out his hands last year against Unirea? I sat behind the dugout and heard him receive some of the most awful abuse I've ever heard. We were awful that night, but Ally didn't deserve it. Fucksake, do you honestly think he enjoys watching Rangers falter, just because he knows he has a place in the hearts of the fans? He's a fan like the rest of us!

As for knocking back Rangers, it may not have been the same back then, but plenty of people I know who have been given the chance in pro-youth to go to Rangers have had second thoughts or have turned it down, solely for the fact its unbelievably hard to get past under 16s. Its an intelligent move. Guarantee yourself a better chance of getting into professional football at another club, than go to Rangers too early and get chucked after that age level. Ally was smart.

To be honest, I have no idea at all what you're arguing about now come to think of it. Its Ally fucking McCoist. doh

That's the best post I've seen in this thread mate. Everything in equal measure.

I'm going to bed now anyway.

It's no problem,

come the morning I'll check back and reply to everyones replies thats wants to have a proper debate on this.

McCoist scored a shit load of goals for which im grateful, but legend? nupe.

What the fuck qualifies to you a legend? :BELM:

What?

What you on about "what" ?

Before he went to Sunderland from St Johnstone, once when he was at Sunderland, then he came then Mcleish made it public in 2006 he wanted him on the coaching staff and he said no due to his media contract with Daily Record.

It's not lies, it's the truth. He knock us back 3 times before he was 45. Is that a Rangers legend? not to me.

He went to Sunderland from St Johnstone because he didn't think he'd get a game at Rangers at the point. Once he was here he gave 15 years of loyal service. Davie Cooper did the same. Rangers wanted him before he went to Clydebank as a youngster. He knew if it was meant to be, he'd end up there. So did Coisty.

As for coaching under McLeish, how is it for you to tell Ally what he should do in his "retirement"? One year later and he was back here. Hardly a betrayal is it?

Jesus. What's the matter with some people? The guy fucking well bleeds Rangers.

The bits in bold

1) Remind me who was at Ibrox again? Daziell, Clark, Williamson and "maybe" Colin Jacksons late days?

2) Eck basically begged him. I wasn't a Mcleish fan - but he needed his help for his strikers in 2005/2006 season and he refused beacuse it would be unfair to his media pals. I have the clippy in a box somewhere beacuse it came out about the same time as the Villareal riot.

3) Try 2 years.

When Ally went to Sunderland he was 18 years old and an incomplete poacher. Would you have had any confidence that you would get a game? Again, I ask you, where in the 15 years of service he gave this club as a player, during which he scored more goals than anyone else in the club's history, and celebrated every single one with a smile on his face and a tear in his eye, did you get the impression that Ally McCoist doesn't care about this club? As for the McLeish thing, so what? Other people could have done the job. Ally had one. I'm sure he wasn't writing off a return to the club when it was the right time. I find you absolutely baffling. How anyone could try to find fault with McCoist's conviction and sincerity, of all things, is totally beyond me.

2:50

Having just finished reading the full thread, you are an arsehole.

Admin - I'll take whatever punishment you see fit.

I can't believe you said that, any Rangers fan that doesn't consider ally a Rangers legend is clueless, don't understand where your coming from at all. SHOCKING post.

I can't believe you said that, any Rangers fan that doesn't consider ally a Rangers legend is clueless, don't understand where your coming from at all. SHOCKING post.

Most would give him a capital A at least........................ :ph34r:

Was to confused and baffled to correct my punctuation.

Officially the stupidest post I've ever seen on RM

on Ally's interview spot on The Premiership has ruined football IMO

Was to confused and baffled to correct my punctuation.

:lol:

It's late mate, you get away with it!

Well this is the worst post iv ever read on here... (and before you start IMO)

Ally McCoist not a Rangers legend?? Behave!! You keep goin on about him turnin down rangers? What does that actually matter... The reason he is a legend, and btw he IS a legend, is because of what he did WHILE at this club!!

Having just finished reading the full thread, you are an arsehole.

Admin - I'll take whatever punishment you see fit.

:uk:

I'm with you all the way here :uk:

But then again maybe Ally shagged his wife, :sherlock:

OOPS did I type that out loud?

Thats a pretty much spot on article from McCoist, the one thing that jumps out at me from it is that he never met or spoke to Chris Eagles, if Ally was given a half hour with him one to one i would bet Eagles would be a Rangers player today, McCoist is someone he could relate to, as far as i could see Jardine done the honours, bad move Rangers.

being in born in 1987, super ally is my greatest ever ranger. and now he is going to be manager hopefully until im in my 30s and 40s.

LEGEND

McCoist's scoring record put him into the legend status, in a playing sense, of that there can be little argument. I have some other reservations about him, but as a player, he was immense in his time with Rangers.

The point 1st Jan seems to be making, is that to slate Eagles for knocking back Rangers in favour of Burnley, is just a tad hypocritical considering his own past.

McCoist's scoring record put him into the legend status, in a playing sense, of that there can be little argument. I have some other reservations about him, but as a player, he was immense in his time with Rangers.

The point 1st Jan seems to be making, is that to slate Eagles for knocking back Rangers in favour of Burnley, is just a tad hypocritical considering his own past.

Big difference from McCoist to eagles. McCoist was 17/18 at the time of his move to sunderland.He never went for the money.unlike eagles it`s all about the money.

eagles would have came here as a starter, McCoist wouldn`t have.

as for the other guff he said.McCoist was under contract to do other work at the time.

Also Boyd would have become a legend if he had stayed and beaten McCoist`s record. The reason he will never be one now is because he fucked off to a championship side for the money.( for a 2 year deal !)