New Captain

billy_rtid

Anyone else think that Davie Weir wont play as much games this season and Walter will select a new captain?

If so who do you think deserves it most?

Mines would be :-

Captain - Steven Davis

Vice Captain - Alan McGregor

Weir played more games than any player last season, i see this season being no different.

Davis- to young and not a leader

Macgrgor- bad role model i dont think he is respected enough

Papac- perfect candidate, loyal and commited, a good role model, consistently good, great with the youngsters, he was captain for wilsons debut against dundee he played cb with and eased him through his first game, was given motm for that.

Papac is noted for being the squads quiet man, so that would rule him out.

IMO on the pitch there are 2 types of leader, the loud annoying fucker that gets listened to because thats the way it is and the guy who leads by example. Captains also have more attention off the pitch and therefore are required to be gentlemanly.

Therefore Weir will be captain and Davis will be his no.2, How many games last year was davis our best player, how many times did he continue to push forward looking to create oppertunities when others had lost motivation/ interest. When do you hear of him getting in trouble?

He may not be vocal but his motivation and determination will rub off on others.

To prove a point, when did you cheer bougie when he went on his crazy runs? Not vocal, he was leading by example and motivating others.

Personally i prefer the captan to be a Defender or Midfielder - better for talking to team mates (how can allan go up to lafferty to tell him to shoot)

Its hard, because mendes, thomo, etc.. are away. Davis for me would be good for lead by example - CAN he be vocal? If he can (we might just not see it) then id say give him a go!

Webster ?

he is stil to establish himself in the team i would say booogie deserves it more than him

there is no stand out for me dont think walter would pick a foriegn player well maybe davis so that leaves miller mcgregor or mccullloch