Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

i have read the articles about jelavic do you think he is worth the 4 million we are about to spent on him...and what happens if it doesn't go through should we not be going after different players?

I'd take the figures reported in the papers with a pinch of salt, and I'm sure there are other players that have been earmarked if it falls through.

On a side note, if we don't sign him, the money saved in transfer we could afford to take Eider on loan :sherlock:

i have read the articles about jelavic do you think he is worth the 4 million we are about to spent on him...and what happens if it doesn't go through should we not be going after different players?

I'd take the figures reported in the papers with a pinch of salt, and I'm sure there are other players that have been earmarked if it falls through.

On a side note, if we don't sign him, the money saved in transfer we could afford to take Eider on loan :sherlock:

well see i know it will go with a pinch of salt but a though of that why not get gudjohnson on loan the money can go to his wages and leave the running about to sign jelavic alone! and get a ex barcelona chelsea monaco striker!? :wink:

RANGERS are edging closer to signing Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic after chief executive Martin Bain jetted back to Austria for a second round of crunch negotiations.

Record Sport can reveal Bain flew out on Saturday to re-open talks with Rapid Vienna - and the clubs are now close to agreeing a fee worth around £4million for the 24-year-old.

Discussions went so well Bain was also granted permission to begin thrashing out Jelavic's contract terms with his agent, even though some financial hurdles are to be overcome before any deal can be rubber-stamped.

The fact Rangers are now in a position to talk terms with Jelavic is the clearest indication yet manager Walter Smith is closing in on his priority summer signing target. Smith remains hopeful an agreement can be reached between all parties within the next 24 hours as Bain attempts to piece together a complex deal.

But Rangers will NOT trade Andy Webster back to Dundee United as a makeweight in their attempts to sign Scottish Cup Final hero David Goodwillie.

Record Sport first revealed in May that Goodwillie was on Smith's radar. And even though Rangers are focused for now on the capture of Jelavic the youngster remains a potential target.

We understand Bain has since made official contact with United chairman Stephen Thompson to ask how much it would cost to take Goodwillie from Tannadice.

But Thompson refused to name a price and instead invited Rangers to make an offer. There have been no further talks and reports yesterday linking Webster - who spent last season on loan at United - with a return to Tayside as part of a swap deal are believed to be wide of the mark.

Smith has ruled out a loan move for Monaco's Eidur Gudjohnsen on account of the striker's £50,000-a-week wages. But the Ibrox boss revealed he will reconsider bringing in top quality performers such as Gudjohnsen nearer the end of the transfer window when teams would be desperate to trim the wage bill. Six players have left Rangers this summer but Smith insists there is no pressure on him to sell any more.

He said: "Any good players we have I want to keep. So far we've not had a bid for any player and don't want to receive a bid for any player."

Agree Muff, but if we can land him i think it will be a superb signing.

We've agreed a fee with rapid vienna believed to be £4million and he's due in glasgow on wednesday for talks and a medical.

source?

We've agreed a fee with rapid vienna believed to be £4million and he's due in glasgow on wednesday for talks and a medical.

Source?

Can you back this up?

Personally, I hope this goes through. If we are going to be playing in Europe with one striker then we need more than just Kenny. He seems like he is a good target man and in seeing some of his highlights looks like he can create shots on his own. Also if he does pan out and score a good amount of goals we could make quite a bit of money off him when he decides to go down south.

I wonder how many duds Lemmon will sign with the McGeady money? Actually, if they had an experienced manager, I'd be worried.

We need this signing (Jelavic). I just hope Kenny stays and Ally's 'spying' mission to the U.S.A brings some tangible benefits.

Surely, there are plenty of players in the MLS we can get that will do a job?

I wonder how many duds Lemmon will sign with the McGeady money? Actually, if they had an experienced manager, I'd be worried.

We need this signing (Jelavic). I just hope Kenny stays and Ally's 'spying' mission to the U.S.A brings some tangible benefits.

Hopefully feihaber and the other guy. Only seen Feihaber and thought he was really good.

I'm not sure some/most of that money hasn't already been spent.

Celtic said for weeks McGeady was going, I recon they've already spent a decent chunk of the fee.

The problem with the MLS is you have to agree the fee witht he MLS themselves rather than the repsective club i believe , i may be wrong though :unsure:

Source?

Dont trust the bastar* only got 2 posts :rolleyes:

Lennon GTF Lennon Lennon GTF!

is he not supposed to be playing in a game for Croatia on wednesday ?

also, source ?

Source?

you only had 2 posts at one point aswell :wink:

Source?

you only had 2 posts at one point aswell :wink:

i didnt post rumours etc...probs chatted about rangers...fishy how he has 2 posts and straight away has a source :) just my opinion