Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

there's some quotes going around tonight from jelavic and his agent (i think) saying he wants to leave rapid immediately. as soon as he's on that playing, he's a rangers player. there'll be no ploblems with his medical!

there's some quotes going around tonight from jelavic and his agent (i think) saying he wants to leave rapid immediately. as soon as he's on that plane, he's a rangers player. there'll be no ploblems with his medical!

*playing

The playoff is the 3rd round. Rapid have played 2 games already.

# 1st qualifying round

# 2nd qualifying round

# 3rd qualifying round

# Playoffs

# Group stage

# 1st knock out round

# 2nd knock out round

# Quarter-finals

# Semi-finals

# Final

That's the Europa League format mate.

I hope there's no ploblems either after he's off the playing.

he's been plane for rapid in all their games so far this season and scored in a lot of them. his medical will be fine! :D

What I dont understand is, if Rapid have agreed a fee and we have agreed terms with Jelavic, then isnt it all done (bar a medical etc)?? Or have Rapid agreed the fee in principle but not accepted the offer officially? :anguish: :anguish:

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: 18 Aug 2010

Add a comment (0)

RANGERS are once more being made to sweat in the summer saga to sign striker Nikica Jelavic.

Negotiations with his Rapid Vienna side reached a standstill yesterday as the on-off transfer again hung in the balance.

Rangers have had a £4million bid accepted for the 24-year-old and the player has agreed a deal worth £15,000 a week.

Rapid stunned Gers by insisting they would not sell Jelavic until AFTER their Europa League clash with Aston Villa. That would rule Jelavic OUT of the Ibrox club's Champions League campaign.

Rangers chief Martin Bain was last night waiting by the phone hoping to strike a last-minute compromise.

Rapid blame Jelavic for dragging out the transfer after he refused to leave without being paid a six-figure sum which was part of his deal when he signed.

The Austrians insist they don't have time to replace him if he heads off to Rangers this week.

If the hitman plays at Villa Park tomorrow, Gers will need to decide if they still want to go ahead with the transfer.

Boss Walter Smith is desperate to sign Jelavic and may yet still take him simply to play in the SPL and the other domestic competitions.

Jelavic, however, may not be interested in signing if he can't show off his scoring skills in the Champions League.

Rangers do have a few other targets they are monitoring.

Trialists Nacer Barazite, Georgie Welcome and Etienne Esajas all played in a closed-doors match against Partick Thistle yesterday afternoon.

All three impressed but their futures still hang in the balance.

Welcome's club Honduran club Deportivo Motagua have lined him up for a move to Uruguayan champs Penarol - IF Rangers don't want him.

A Motagua source said: "We haven't received an offer from Rangers."

The Light Blues have also been linked with AEK Athens striker Nathan Burns, who scored AGAINST them when the sides played a friendly in Australia last month.

It was reported in Greece that Gers had a bid turned down for the 22-year-old, but that's wide of the mark.

Burns' situation is similar to Jelavic's in that he will also be cup-tied for Europe if he turns out for AEK against Dundee United tomorrow night.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3100735/Jelavic-left-in-limbo.html#ixzz0wuMW74xf

What I dont understand is, if Rapid have agreed a fee and we have agreed terms with Jelavic, then isnt it all done (bar a medical etc)?? Or have Rapid agreed the fee in principle but not accepted the offer officially? :anguish: :anguish:

think that's it. nothing has been signed by the look of it.

Everything is agreed, but untill they let him fly over here for the medical nothing can be done.

Nearly 3 hunner pages :craphead:

deal has been done, rapid are just playing funny buggers :box:

Rapid have got to sign off the transfer before he'saloud to come over here for us to complete it. i.e medical n sign the contract.

don't think they've signed it off yet. hence why he isn't here. <cr>