***Live Football Thread - Season 2010/11***

Muff

So there happy with losing a stupid goal on the last minute and conceding 2 points because they had a bad season ?.

What about them being down to 10 men for the whole of the second half, and actually 9 for a five minute spell or so as well.

Liverpool fans certainly can't complain about the effort their team put into the game, and even with the goal Reina isn't exactly prone to mistakes.

If they put that much into all their games this season they should have a much better time than last year, i'm impressed with the effect Roy Hodgson seems to have had there so far.

1804: Jamie Carragher: "Arsenal played very well in the first half but in the second half so did we. We knew we had to hold on and we were doing that, but unfortunately we've conceded a goal that whether you've got 11 men or 10 men you'd be disappointed to concede. Pepe's the best keeper in the world, though. It's very disappointing, of course, but I guess we'd have taken a draw at half time."

Aye, so the scousers keep telling us <cr>

If he was actually the best he wouldnt need his team mates to keep saying so.

What about them being down to 10 men for the whole of the second half, and actually 9 for a five minute spell or so as well.

Liverpool fans certainly can't complain about the effort their team put into the game, and even with the goal Reina isn't exactly prone to mistakes.

If they put that much into all their games this season they should have a much better time than last year, i'm impressed with the effect Roy Hodgson seems to have had there so far.

How you can be happy with losing a last minute goal is just daft, doesn't matter the circumstances :lol:.

1804: Jamie Carragher: "Arsenal played very well in the first half but in the second half so did we. We knew we had to hold on and we were doing that, but unfortunately we've conceded a goal that whether you've got 11 men or 10 men you'd be disappointed to concede. Pepe's the best keeper in the world, though. It's very disappointing, of course, but I guess we'd have taken a draw at half time."

He's overrated imo.

He's a very good keeper but not the best in the world. They like to say he's the best keeper, Gerrard's the best midfielder and Torres is the best striker.

Very, very deluded bunch.

How you can be happy with losing a last minute goal is just daft, doesn't matter the circumstances :lol:.

I doubt any of them are happy about that, but surely it's understandable that they'd be happy with how Liverpool did overall given the circumstances, and they still didn't lose the game, against direct competitors for Champions League places.

I would have taken a draw before the match started but the way the goal was conceaded this feels like a defeat. Reina hardly ever makes mistakes yet he makes one against the team he was linked with a few weeks ago hmmmmm (sarcasm)

I feel Liverpool played much better today than they did at any point last season, arsenal defiantly underestimated the amount of fight Liverpool had in them, if Liverpool had 11 men in the 2nd half, I think they could have won the game. If this game is a indicator for the rest of Liverpools season, they will do very well.

I feel Liverpool played much better today than they did at any point last season, arsenal defiantly underestimated the amount of fight Liverpool had in them, if Liverpool had 11 men in the 2nd half, I think they could have won the game. If this game is a indicator for the rest of Liverpools season, they will do very well.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

considering the amount of hype spouted by the Tottenham fans (surpassing Arsenal in the champions league/winning the league) in their first season in the top 4, im not so sure a Tottenham fan should be insinuating that im being deluded :P

considering the amount of hype spouted by the Tottenham fans (surpassing Arsenal in the champions league/winning the league) in their first season in the top 4, im not so sure a Tottenham fan should be insinuating that im being deluded :P

Then again, Spurs actually look promising?

Then again, Spurs actually look promising?

then again, they got the same result as us :P both at home, both draws, both home teams played well, and both home teams should perhaps have won? Tottenham played well in the first half and if it hadnt been for Hart being on supreme form, they would have lead, they were not as good in the 2nd half, In contrast, Liverpool had a average first half, most of the chances going Liverpools way, then Joe Cole got rightly sent off for a reckless challenge, at the start of the 2nd half, Liverpool responded by aggressively attacking, taking Arsenal by surprise and as a result got a goal, they continued to be a threat to Arsenal despite having ten men. we unfortuantly conceded a goal in the final minute, taking the shine off an otherwise impressive 2nd half. Liverpool are improving.