***Live Football Thread - Season 2010/11***

Muff

My problem with the Almunia thing is too many people and pundits look at him and lay too much blame on him. He got something to the shot but the power took it in. Now, if you look at why Ngog was allowed the shot in the first place, Wilshere makes a cock up and we allow Ngog in too easily.

Almunia actually did well to get something on it tbh.

The thing is, Arshavin is a quality player with great ability but again, is inconsistent too much at the moment and if he was a goal keeper, he would be getting grilled. Its all well and good talking about Almunia to do his job but so does Arshavin.

My problem with the Almunia thing is too many people and pundits look at him and lay too much blame on him. He got something to the shot but the power took it in. Now, if you look at why Ngog was allowed the shot in the first place, Wilshere makes a cock up and we allow Ngog in too easily.

Almunia actually did well to get something on it tbh.

The thing is, Arshavin is a quality player with great ability but again, is inconsistent too much at the moment and if he was a goal keeper, he would be getting grilled. Its all well and good talking about Almunia to do his job but so does Arshavin.

Keith, Almunia is fucking rotten. There's no two ways about it.

He's utter horse shit.

We all know that papa but the point is, there is other players in the squad not doing what they are supposed to do like Diaby, like Arshavin. That is to create goals.

I thought Diaby was okay today actually.

Arshavin is hugely overrated though. Doesn't really look like he can be arsed turning up 70% of the time.

Manchester United vs Newcastle United tonight, can't wait for Man United's season to kick-off.

Be interesting to see how Chicharito does on his Premiership debut, I am expecting big things from him.

Another one I have predicted to have a massive season is Antonio Valencia. He's had a good season last year, but I expect him to really kick on now and show why Sir Alex choose him to replace Cristiano Ronaldo.

I thought Diaby was okay today actually.

Arshavin is hugely overrated though. Doesn't really look like he can be arsed turning up 70% of the time.

Another player who built a reputation on a good international tournament. Been far too inconsistent for Arsenal.

Looking forward to tonight's game, Monday night football :clap:

Should be a good game, it's always interesting to see how the newly promoted teams do in the Premier League.

I think Newcastle will struggle this season, they needed to add quite a few players which they have failed to do.

Hopefully get to watch the game tonight, that is if I can strike a deal with my folks so they miss out on Corrie and Eastenders... pretty much how it goes in this house. Rarely get to watch games at night.

I'm going for 3-0 Utd. Rooney x2 and Valencia.

RE: Almunia...99 times out of 100 I think there's absolutely no excuse for a keeper to lose a goal at his near post. Yesterday, however, I don't think we can blame Almunia. We can blame him for a lot of things, but not yesterday.

I think he was quite caught out, he probably expected Wilshere to intercept Kuyts pass to Mascherano, but he failed so Mascherano took one touch through to N'Gog who sped past Vermaelen to put the ball in the net, Almunia had not covered the ground quickly enough to prevent the goal from going in, either way, i think i would blame Almunia, He was off guard. Arsenal need a new keeper ASAP

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Jonathan Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney.

Subs: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Smalling, Carrick, Giggs, Macheda, Hernandez.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Coloccini, Williamson, Jose Enrique, Routledge, Smith, Nolan, Barton, Gutierrez, Carroll.

Subs: Krul, Ryan Taylor, Xisco, Ameobi, Vuckic, Ranger, Tavernier.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)