Welcome, how long does it take?

polar bear

As far as I can imagine,this Welcome guy can't be much of a player,let's face it,how long does it take to figure out if a guy

can play football? :rolleyes:

stoopid thing to say glad your not our manager

Maybe they are waiting to see how the Jelavic bid goes or how CFC get on tonight before finalising an offer or not. We will all know fairly soon. My guess is we sign him as he is big mobile and cheap.

Maybe they are waiting to see how the Jelavic bid goes or how CFC get on tonight before finalising an offer or not. We will all know fairly soon. My guess is we sign him as he is big mobile and cheap.

Agreed, hopefully after Celtic is disposed of tonight we'll know more about Jelavic and any other targets

This is a massive move for the guy and he seems very excited about it.

Even if we weren't goin to offer him a deal, which would be hard to know this soon, it would be harsh to embarrass him by cancellin the trial after a couple of days.

As far as I can imagine,this Welcome guy can't be much of a player,let's face it,how long does it take to figure out if a guy

so we sign a guy even though we don't know how he's going to settle better to be safe than sorry. A mean why dont we just sign you even though we don't know if you can play. am worried common sense isn't so common now. <cr>

Lets be fair he's only been here a couple of days.

He might be exactly what we are looking for(I hope he is) so give him a contract,why wait a week?

same if he's crap,why wait a week? I'm sure by now Walter,and his staff know exactly if he's what they need.

And if he's had a pretty decent few days but we're waiting the full week to make sure he's not peaked early? Or if he's looked a bit sluggish but we're wainting the full week to see if he picks up?

You know Kev,I'm probably being a little impatient here,but I'm pretty sure that I,and probably yourself,could sass out

a footballer inside three days.

Thank god you have nothing to do with rangers signing players.

Because I`m pretty sure you couldn`t sass out a decent post in 3 days.

But at least you won the daft post of the day.

And if we'd signed him on the strength of watching him on video and a couple games without him ever having set foot in scotland and he'd turned out to be not what we'd expected or didnt settle in Scotland then the OP would have complained about that too.

Some people are just never happy regardless of how the club goes about its business.

I don't even know what my avatar is anymore, I use mobile RM so I don't see any avatars or sigs, have to say despite some classy ones it makes everything a lot easier to read.

Basically it stops me staring at the gifs of bouncy jugs

If u scroll down to the bottom of any page on RM and click on 'view desktop version' then you can see RM as normal again, I hate the version ur talking about.

Just thot I'd tell incase u incase u didn't know mate (tu)

as soon as he touches the ball we will know if he has skill, a touch and a creative mind to do things with the ball

literally takes 2 mins see if a guy can play football

:wink:

as soon as he touches the ball we will know if he has skill, a touch and a creative mind to do things with the ball

I hope that was a wind up flecky !

If not these were the things jardel never showed .

also you missed out if he was fit. he could have skill, touch and creative mind and still be a porker

who couldn`t run the length of himself.

also you missed out if he was fit. he could have skill, touch and creative mind and still be a porker

hes an athlete of course he can run! anyway, were not talking about his physical attributes just whether or not he can play football

how do you know about jardel?, coz ally had a joke and a laugh about it, im pretty sure jardel had the last laugh, he was obviously a player...and a half :)

pass someone a ball, see what they do with it, you will see if they can play, whether they can run or not is a different matter

i can think of a few fantastic players who were incredible on the ball but were lazy and couldnt be bothered to train or run, coz they were so good with a ball at their feet, they didnt really have to :lol:

(tu)

Lets be fair he's only been here a couple of days.

He might be exactly what we are looking for(I hope he is) so give him a contract,why wait a week?

same if he's crap,why wait a week? I'm sure by now Walter,and his staff know exactly if he's what they need.

And if he's had a pretty decent few days but we're waiting the full week to make sure he's not peaked early? Or if he's looked a bit sluggish but we're wainting the full week to see if he picks up?

You know Kev,I'm probably being a little impatient here,but I'm pretty sure that I,and probably yourself,could sass out

a footballer inside three days.

You could tell if he was brilliant or shite, what if hes just been decent?

We have to work out if hes worth keeping, and how much hes worth in wages

It's a week's trial for a reason - we won't just be assessing his footballing ability. We will be looking at how he adapts to the new surroundings, how he get's on with our training methods, how he performs. The management team will monitor his attitude, and how he reacts with rest of the squad. I guess he will be shown about the area, discussions will take place, and he will have various medical tests done on him, which will probably take a day or so to get the results.

He will be assessed on his technical ability, athleticism, speed, attitude, temperament, strengths, weaknesses... and that takes time to judge!

Hopefully he impresses, and we sign him!

hes an athlete of course he can run! anyway, were not talking about his physical attributes just whether or not he can play football

how do you know about jardel?, coz ally had a joke and a laugh about it, im pretty sure jardel had the last laugh, he was obviously a player...and a half :)

pass someone a ball, see what they do with it, you will see if they can play, whether they can run or not is a different matter

i can think of a few fantastic players who were incredible on the ball but were lazy and couldnt be bothered to train or run, coz they were so good with a ball at their feet, they didnt really have to :lol:

(tu)

common knowledge on jardel. he said himself he never told rangers he had a broken toe . smith didn`t like what he saw and there was no deal.

thats why I said we have to ask all the right questions as well.

to say you can tell a good player in 2 mins is utter pish .

the best scouts in the world can`t do that but for some reason you think you can.

go to any academy in Britain and you will find boys with skill bursting out of them , they can pass , they have a brain but unfortunately there`s a lot more to football than that.

Do you watch soccer am ? the skills they young boys on that program show are amazing . but nearly all of them won`t make it.

(tu)

common knowledge on jardel. he said himself he never told rangers he had a broken toe . smith didn`t like what he saw and there was no deal.

thats why I said we have to ask all the right questions as well.

to say you can tell a good player in 2 mins is utter pish .

the best scouts in the world can`t do that but for some reason you think you can.

go to any academy in Britain and you will find boys with skill bursting out of them , they can pass , they have a brain but unfortunately there`s a lot more to football than that.

Do you watch soccer am ? the skills they young boys on that program show are amazing . but nearly all of them won`t make it.

:lol:

if you say so doh!

walter didnt knock back jardel, red tape did

i know scouts(one from septic and 2 from dee utd) who can tell right away if they fancy a player when they see him so im pretty sure the best scouts in the world can also tell a player in the first few moments of seeing them, players are born with their raw talent on a ball, everything else can be coached and worked on(attitude, fitness, physique etc)

i dont mean soccer-am juggling pish, i mean recieving the ball and doing something with it, not juggling but playing a good pass, shooting, taking a man on, setting up a move, something clever, something worthwhile, not a fucking few shitey acnd tricks, thats pish

side note, another example is, my coach for the senior team i played for in edinburgh told me when he wanted to sign me, he said, i knew as soon as you received that first pass i wanted you in my team :wink:

way off topic now, can i goto bed now? :)

good luck georgie welcome, hope you do really well and impress our gaffer and caoches :21:

raw tale

(tu)

flecky !" i know scouts(one from septic and 2 from dee utd) who can tell right away if they fancy a player when they see him"

that about sums up your utter pish statement,

look at the duds celtic have signed yet you use there scouts to back up your theory ! utter pish .

these guys are only scouting for youth players. We are talking about scouting for a rangers starter here not for our under 16 team.

trust me all these guys can play football but they need to play it the way walter wants it done.

how many times have you seen a player be crap for one team great for another.

Diego forlan for example . pish for man utd , great since he left them .

bet there scouts said he was great. Just wasn`t the right fit for man utd. thats what trials are all about.

when you can get a player in on trials you should always take them.

Because most players you don`t get a chance to take them on trial first. there is nothing to lose taking him on trial.