Rangers Traditions

minstral

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ain't religious but mocking a fellow bear of his religion, shame on you.

I gave my opinion, he gave his, we both walked away happy. Then you accuse me of being a Tim, thats a step too far sonny boy. Cause atleast Celtic exists.

This is fuck all to do with me apart from the fact that I love it.

McBoyd put this up the other day and it's all his work.

Pretty much sums it all up really.

Had goosebumps all through it.

:uk:

Great video :praise:

Bring a tear to any bear's eye (tu)

No it wasn't. You dissed his religion, a fellow bear..

I didn't diss his religion I dissed all religions and he didn't care, which he shouldn't and fair play to him because it's his belief and he stuck to his guns while I had a playful dig.

This is about me apparently being a tim for disagreeing with a rangers fan, a sincerely hope you are actually fuckin 6 years old, dicktits.

I didn't diss his religion I dissed all religions and he didn't care, which he shouldn't and fair play to him because it's his belief and he stuck to his guns while I had a playful dig.

This is about me apparently being a tim for disagreeing with a rangers fan, a sincerely hope you are actually fuckin 6 years old, dicktits.

doh

No, thats the flying spaghetti monster

Irony of the highest order :lol:

You do realise that Pastafarianism now has enough members to qualify as a legit religion? Just like Jedi.

Have to find a new one to use for the purpose you used there am afraid ;)

You do realise, that, by dissing "all" religions, you are of course, also dissing "his", thus, making your opening statement a bit silly?

Also, religion is a personal belief statement, and, your nice little "fuck all religion" comment, was crass and thoughtless. Regardless of YOUR beliefs, you should respect that other people also have their own, and, would quite rightly be upset/offended by that.

The highlighted part? No, thats you ACTUALLY being a dick!

So many good things written on this thread. Well done Bears. Of course, we can't agree on everything -- we are somewhat a diverse group, and at a minimum, bloody strong minded! But... when I 'think' of The Rangers I think of:

• Respect -- and treating everyone in a respectful manner,
  • Honest work -- hard work,
  • Ambition,
  • Pride,
  • Winning -- especially against the odds,
  • Excellence -- second will not do,
  • Strength,
  • Welcoming the chase,
  • The beauty of IBROX -- from inception to present day. A masterpiece.
  • Bill Struth -- A man that was the definition of honesty and, pride. A winner.

So not traditions per se, but images, and feelings that course through my veins. The feelings can almost bring a tear to my eye. But I suppose the overwhelming feeling I have when I think of The Rangers is that I am indeed lucky. I am lucky to be a Rangers supporter. It is not a passing fancy. It is not a fashion statement -- such as what you see in Asia with the EPL clubs.

Being a Rangers supporter is lifelong -- and isn't it good!

Greatest club in the world -- by some margin. And, the greatest fans. We might have our differences... but at the end of the day, WE are the people -- no one else.

So many good things written on this thread. Well done Bears. Of course, we can't agree on everything -- we are somewhat a diverse group, and at a minimum, bloody strong minded! But... when I 'think' of The Rangers I think of:

hating the taigs

Well said.

If we take all posters on here at face value and assume we are all good bears then the results are very interesting but not unexpected.

I think in general you will probably find a lot of the fans in the 16-30 bracket will have things like winning,beating Celtic,being the best etc.

The 30-45 bracket will look also at traditions they have witnessed first hand like the Loyalist and Unionist connections.

The 45-110 bracket will probably be exclusively looking at the Rangers of Bill Struth,Scot Symon,Willie Waddell,Jock Wallace etc and seeing an Institution rather than just the football team.

Stands to reason that guys in their late 30'3 and early 40's onwards will hold dear the traditions they grew up with and associate with Rangers FC.

Kids in their teens and 20's won't even have stood in the East Enclosure never mind Sung the Sash in the Jungle.

Hardly surprising that in the more secular society we live in that they see the footballing side first and everything else as in irrelevance.

The key word in all of this is RESPECT.

Fans respecting the rights of other fans to see the Rangers in whatever light they want but also respecting the ideals of the older fans who witnessed first hand that Rangers were far more than a Football Club.

Whether fans like it or not the Rangers of my day and others meant more than just turning up to see them win home or away.Sure that was the buzz when you went to Parkhead and defeated the filth.Or went to Pittodrie for a ruck with their sheep shagging fans.Or went to Europe on old buses with no toilets and ransacking service stations on the way.

Or sitting in the stadium for the BB centenary in 1983

Or watching the Orange men and women attending their church service inside Ibrox

Or seeing footage of Kings and Prime Ministers given tours of Ibrox.

Of seeing the portrait of the Queen proudly adorn the dressing room

Of seeing the Blue Room or the Trophy Room and standing in silence marvelling at the majesty and awe in front of you.

Or looking at a painting entitled the Entrance to the Temple and seeing the similarities connected with the magnificent entrance to Ibrox and Freemasonry.

Or the links Ibrox had to the local community way back and how the Rangers family was indeed a family.

First and foremost though we all want to see Rangers win but for me and many others i grew up with more than just a club.

If we take all posters on here at face value and assume we are all good bears then the results are very interesting but not unexpected.

I think in general you will probably find a lot of the fans in the 16-30 bracket will have things like winning,beating Celtic,being the best etc.

The 30-45 bracket will look also at traditions they have witnessed first hand like the Loyalist and Unionist connections.

The 45-110 bracket will probably be exclusively looking at the Rangers of Bill Struth,Scot Symon,Willie Waddell,Jock Wallace etc and seeing an Institution rather than just the football team.

Stands to reason that guys in their late 30'3 and early 40's onwards will hold dear the traditions they grew up with and associate with Rangers FC.

Kids in their teens and 20's won't even have stood in the East Enclosure never mind Sung the Sash in the Jungle.

Hardly surprising that in the more secular society we live in that they see the footballing side first and everything else as in irrelevance.

Fans respecting the rights of other fans to see the Rangers in whatever light they want but also respecting the ideals of the older fans who witnessed first hand that Rangers were far more than a Football Club.

Whether fans like it or not the Rangers of my day and others meant more than just turning up to see them win home or away.Sure that was the buzz when you went to Parkhead and defeated the filth.Or went to Pittodrie for a ruck with their sheep shagging fans.Or went to Europe on old buses with no toilets and ransacking service stations on the way.

Or watching the Orange men and women attending their church service inside Ibrox

Of seeing the Blue Room or the Trophy Room and standing in silence marvelling at the majesty and awe in front of you.

Or looking at a painting entitled the Entrance to the Temple and seeing the similarities connected with the magnificent entrance to Ibrox and Freemasonry.Or the links Ibrox had to the local community way back and how the Rangers family was indeed a family.

First and foremost though we all want to see Rangers win but for me and many others i grew up with more than just a club.

Great post mate. I must admit I couldn't believe the similarities between the lodge that i joined and the way it was set-up and the entrance of Ibrox. It's bloody delightful.

Agree with what you're saying as well. Everyone has their own way of thinking to what the club stands for but I think there are values that every supporter holds dear

Or looking at a painting entitled the Entrance to the Temple and seeing the similarities connected with the magnificent entrance to Ibrox and Freemasonry.

Or the links Ibrox had to the local community way back and how the Rangers family was indeed a family.

Almost a good post - but proud of ransacking service stations !??? I know the foods bad but to be proud of that is not something many of us would want to be associated with!

Almost a good post - but proud of ransacking service stations !??? I know the foods bad but to be proud of that is not something many of us would want to be associated with!

I never said i was proud of it it was just a memory of the times in the 70's and 80's that stick in your mind.

However not like you to pick up on a negative and twist it.

A brilliant post, mate.

Personally speaking, attending Ibrox in the barren days of the early eighties was miles better than today's sanitised experience. A nostalgic old fool I may be, but in those days you knew that while relatively small in number compared to now, the majority there were because they knew that The Rangers meant more than just what was happening on the pitch.

A brilliant post, mate.

Personally speaking, attending Ibrox in the barren days of the early eighties was miles better than today's sanitised experience. A nostalgic old fool I may be, but in those days you knew that while relatively small in number compared to now, the majority there were because they knew that The Rangers meant more than just what was happening on the pitch.

Couldn't agree more.

I still remember the rush to secure East Enclosure Tickets just so that you were in among the real bears.Squashed to feck against the barriers but singing your heart out and supporting the team.Competing against the Copland to see who were better *lol*

I also remember the mini pitch invasion against Aberdeen when the Enclosure was overflowing with bears seething at the decisions going against us that day.

That's the Rangers i grew up with and remember.

Not the sanitised sit down and shut up pish you have to endure today.

A brilliant post, mate.

Whenever people talk about those days it reminds me of the fires on the terraces....

The dress code if it hasnt allready been mentioned

Spot-on mate. One of my pet hates is seeing Rangers players wearing the club tracksuit on the way to the game or flying out to a European game. Suit and tie should be worn at all times.