Is this not sectarian.?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerasimov%20Lenin%20on%20the%20tribune.jpg

It's from this. Lennon/Lenin

Edit - aaahhhh JamieD has already explained it

Yeah i guess they ignore the fact that communist russia outlawed religion particularly catholocism which is pretty much what theyre club was founded on .Oh and also on their irish routes back in the days of WW2 they used to fuel up U-Boats very pro communist russia that aint it

call me a H** to my face mate ur face would be level.

thats how offensive the word is.

and why would I call you a H**?

couple of people here proper missing the point big style.

Can one person tell me how "H**" is sectarian?

Its offensive, but where the religious element?

please tell me.

H*** fc?

im sorry, H** is a derogatory word to describe scottish christian protestants. its a vile, disgusting word.

The taig's know who the real H*** are, and why. Collusion and support for the Nazi's during WWII. They even had their ground closed because of it.

Don't let them forget it.

The banner underneath says "Let's Go To War", so that may help explain the meaning of the banner. I'm no MOPE, but I find h*n offensive and punched the last person who called me it an an aggressive tone. This should be sent to the SPL and NBM as we have been dragged through the mud in recent seasons while they have got away with everything. :angry:

The taig's know who the real H*** are, and why. Collusion and support for the Nazi's during WWII. They even had their ground closed because of it.

Don't let them forget it.

found this quote...

Bikerbear they're only Anti British when it suits them. But i'll be proud of them hosting for our Queen and more Union Jacks than Ibrox.

Danny we are called H*** in a derogatory sense ( i bracket it with F*nian in the insult stakes, by the way, but hey, we aren't as touchy).

As it is well documented that most Rangers fans swear allegiance to Queen and Country, well this annoys Celtic fans because being Pro Irish this isn't in their manifestos. As the Queen and Royal Family have German blood and their real surname is Saxe Coburg Gotha which was changed to Windsor during WWI due to Anti German feelings then Celtic fans took it upon themselves to call all Rangers fans German ( H***). But again they show double standards because The Pope's a H**!!

Source(s):

Oh and so is their right back.

Ironic isnt it. They love worshiping terrorists, and now they love to worship dictators who even Russians despise.

Maybe they'll whip out a hammer and sickle at the next home game and potray it as their new club badge. It'd suit them, but then again on saying that, they've never really dominated anything to bear it.

Such a strange, bigoted, jelous club.

Tims call themselves tims. H** is exclusively derogatory. One isn't considered a sectarian slur by law, the other is.

I agree mate. It's double standards, I agree. But thats a different debate for another day.

Thier banner is vile and offensive, but sectarian? dont make me laugh - thers fuck all sectarian there.

please tell me.

They use it for for Hearts and Kilmarnock as well because these teams support have predominantly Protestant supports. A Celtic fan wearing a "No H*** in Europe" T-shirt was convicted as the judge saw it is as a sectarian breach of peace.

please tell me.

Who says a word has to be a religious insult to be sectarian?

Heres an excerpt from Wikipedia:

Sectarianism, according to one definition, is bigotry, discrimination or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion or factions of a political movement.

They refer to Protestants as H*ns, therefore it is sectarian as it clearly states hatred, bigotry or discrimination arising from differences between different denominations of a religion.

And F*nian is an insult to a supporter of a certain political movement.

They use it for for Hearts and Kilmarnock as well because these teams support have predominantly Protestant supports. A Celtic fan wearing a "No H*** in Europe" T-shirt was convicted as the judge saw it is as a sectarian breach of peace.

Your making a sweeping assumption there.

I agree with you on the second part of your post, it's been done in court but as a couple of people touched on, its all about context.

H**, by definition is not sectarian. Its vile and offensive, but theres no religious element to it.

Your making a sweeping assumption there.

I agree with you on the second part of your post, it's been done in court but as a couple of people touched on, its all about context.

H**, by definition is not sectarian. Its vile and offensive, but theres no religious element to it.

Not making any assumptions, Hearts are referred to as the mini H*** and Kilmarnock the Ayrshire H***, go and have a look on Kerryfail Street.

Is it because of their fans love of the monarchy who has some German blood in them? :rolleyes: No it is because the tims see them as Protestant clubs and this is the term they use.

You making the rules up as you go along?

Ill say one more time - the term H** is vile and offensive, but sectarian? no.

Im away to bed now haha ;)

How many people are telling you the Mhanks refer to Protestants as H*ns? but yet you cover your ears.