Laudrup - the video

bluenose4life

Too me i found it rather humbling that this genuis scored the goal that won nine in a row with his head. For all he gave us we very rarely seen him header a ball never mind score with his head. It was a thunderbolt and i hope he gets through this fucking awful disease. The younger lads that are creaming themselfs over Weiss should realy look at this man and see that he is miles off of one of the greatest ever Ranger hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Have never forgotten that goal v them at Hampden when his sock was hanging down over his boot and it was pishing down!!

Absolute Legend - Get well soon Laudo!!

Was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times in the players lounge - absolute gent to boot!

There's a notable quote I loved in his video from the commentator, when we were playing the Mhanky mob. Along the lines of ;

'And Laudrup, just, glide's passed McStay'

I'd love to see him back in the stands at Ibrox,for a game once, he beats this illness.

It goes without saying that he'd get a tremendous reception :praise:

Greatest player i've ever seen at Ibrox too and we had Gazza in our team at the time as well but Laudrup was head and shoulders above the competition.

He's the reason i started supporting Rangers as a kid after watching him tbh. Met him a couple of times too and he's a true gentleman and a genuine Rangers man.

Love him.

I've been privileged to watch some of the best footballers that have ever walked this planet since the 1950's during my lifetime and Brian Laudrup was up there in the top echelon.

My most loved moment of Laudrup was seeing him make a real diddy of Peter Grant when Pope Peter tried to bring Laudrup down from behind about four times, only for Laudrup to skip away from him.

As a last ditch effort, Grant made a final lunge...Laudrup moved up a gear and the wee shitebag was left sprawling on his arse....Fucking magical.

I think what made it more special was that Pope Peter came from the same place as I grew up in and his family were (are) real bitter bastards.

I'll never live long enough to see somebody as good as him play for Rangers again, not unless he comes through our youth system.

The best player I have ever seen play for us.

A genuinely Rangers class player. Which I define as a player with the ability to have held their own in any Rangers team down the decades.

Laudrup, Henderson, Souness, Jardine, Baxter, Goram and many more - he could hold his head high in the company of such players.