Tonights game was free...

GOAT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair there are many who live a fair distance away and may be running low on holidays to take before the end of the year, however if the ones who live relatively close by had nothing else to do then there is no excuse. Still its up to them what they do those that stayed away missed out on some cracking goals and encouraging performances from the youngsters. I only decided at 7.15 I was gonna go. I dont have a season ticket and was due to finish work at 8 although we usually finish about 7.45. Blagged a lift off a colleague who goes near Ibrox anyway and got my ticket just as the office by the copland was about to close made it to my seat with 19 mins on the clock. Glad I made the decision to go and those that could go but didnt missed out. Its their loss at the end of the day.

To be fair there are many who live a fair distance away and may be running low on holidays to take before the end of the year, however if the ones who live relatively close by had nothing else to do then there is no excuse. Still its up to them what they do those that stayed away missed out on some cracking goals and encouraging performances from the youngsters. I only decided at 7.15 I was gonna go. I dont have a season ticket and was due to finish work at 8 although we usually finish about 7.45. Blagged a lift off a colleague who goes near Ibrox anyway and got my ticket just as the office by the copland was about to close made it to my seat with 19 mins on the clock. Glad I made the decision to go and those that could go but didnt missed out. Its their loss at the end of the day.

thats all bullshit mate if we were playing the earls it would be full

I couldn't go due to work but I gave my mate my ST

Some of the shifts I work require being on call until 8pm and also until 8am, so if I'm on a shit shift (as I call it) when there's a spl midweek or CL game then I'll swap my Shift/wk with one of the lads but I wouldn't generally do this for the likes of the game tonight, gotta keep my swaps up my sleeve for the bigger games if that makes sense.

Some ppl have gotta pick and choose for work reasons, if I didn't have to work I wouldve went tonight. It's a waste not using ur ST

I was working but gave my ticket to another bear. Sometimes people just cant make it, and in cases like mine I would much rather book a holiday for the Champions league game next week than the CIS cup v Dunfermline.

But for others travelling is expensive. And for non-season ticket holders who just spent £105 on Champions League tickets this might not have been something they could afford.

If you come from a 30 mile radius of Glasgow then getting there and back will cost no more than a tenner. Other expenses are optional.

must be great being a super duper fan like you.

you ever missed a game?

It is great being me, thanks for asking.

Why are you jumping on the offensive so much? Did something I say get under your skin?

But for others travelling is expensive. And for non-season ticket holders who just spent £105 on Champions League tickets this might not have been something they could afford.

thats a cop out about travelling being expensive ,as ive said its the same price for the guys your talking about whether its dunfermline or celtic , unless they all move nearer glasgow if we get a bigger name in the draw

great, an "im a better fan than you" thread. not seen one of these for a while.... :rolleyes:

If you live in the Glasgow area, wasn't working and simply couldn't be arsed going, then the ones that went were better fans than you.

Fans follow their team against everyone, not just Man Utd or Celtic.

What about all the ST holders from NI? Is it worth their while probably taking the day off or at least a half day and getting the ferry accross and then getting home at fuck knows what time at night, not to mention the expense to see Dunfermline?

I don't know I'm just giving examples of a large section of our support, everyone can't be tarred with the same brush IMO