In What Position Do We Need A Better Player?

Broxi

79 members have voted

1. 1. In What Position Do We Need A Better Player?

an interesting question.

we dont really have a left mid or right mid. at least no one we own.

i have said right midfielder.

frankly i dont think sir walter even considers left midfield a position. in the past he has had durie miko big bunk play there.

christ he even used to tell laudrup to cover that and right mid for a few years.

i just don think he cares who playes there and just throws in whoevers spare onece he covers the other positions.

It's a good question. :sherlock:

I voted CB with one eye on the future because big Davie can't go on forever and Webster in injury prone although to be fair to Andy Webster if he were more reliable/fortunate I would probably have picked a play making or attacking cm.

We definitely lack a creative player like Barry Ferguson in there. Someone who can hold onto the ball and make the play. As good as our mid fielder players are I don't think we have replaced BFs steadying influence and leadership qualities. He also had a season or two were he was banging in the goals for fun which is a great attribute to have from midfield in any successful side.

To be honest all things considered i.e. financial restraints etc I am happy with the present squad. (tu)

If we had £100 milion to spend? Well...that would be a different ballgame entirely. :pipe:

an interesting question.

we dont really have a left mid or right mid. at least no one we own.

i have said right midfielder.

frankly i dont think sir walter even considers left midfield a position. in the past he has had durie miko big bunk play there.

christ he even used to tell laudrup to cover that and right mid for a few years.

i just don think he cares who playes there and just throws in whoevers spare onece he covers the other positions.

you,re right, but you should have kept on going... Buys Lafferty (striker), plays him left midfield. Davis (centre mid) plays him right mid. Novo (striker) plays him right midfield. Broadfoot (centre back) plays him full back. Whittaker (right back) Plays him right mid. Papac (centre back) plays him left back but must admit, he's got that one spot on. we should never have let Burke or adam go, cant believe ew've lost adam for Lafferty, if we tried to buy Adam back he would cost us around £5M if we were to sell lafferty we would get about £500,000. Anyway, we need a right midfielder who can get to the bye line, jelavic look the type of player that needs balls whipped into him from the flanks. anybody got footage of jelavic's overhead kick?

We need a centre half at about 24 years old, 6ft 2"+, a good reader of the game and a natural leader. Big DW is doing a brilliant job but this has got to be his last season as a regular. We need a young lad to come in that will stay for 4 or 5 years (unlikely in the current climate) that can more or less walk into big Davey's position

With Weir's age we need a CB more than another poison IMO. We could obviously do with a couple of other positions although not desperately as we have some very good younger players in most positions that have been mentioned that could become 1st team regulars