liverpool... end of an era?

H&G lawyers are currently in the Dallas Court, RBS lawyers are currently at the British High Court.

Both are claiming the other doesn't have jurisdiction. :lol:

International law students will be creaming themselves over the precedent this case sets for years to come.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way I'm happy because it's showing all the greed of the English Premier League what it can do to it's teams and this is the downfall of it but I don't want to see a team such as Liverpool go under because of the fucking cunts of Yanks who are greedy bastards and are only in it for the money total arseholes. I would like to see them get relegated but I would never like to see a team go under.

>6.31pm: Ed Graham has basically summed up the whole situation ...

>So yesterday the English guys won in the English court; then the Americans won in the American court and blocked the English judge's decision (essentially). Then today the English guys won again in the English court and blocked the blocking of the English judge's decision. And now the Americans are fighting in the American court to block the blocking of the blocking of the English judge's decision. Can we guess who'll win that? How is this ever going to end?

It's going to be fucking hilarious when they get shagged on Sunday. :pipe:

Hicks and Gillett aren't to blame for Liverpool being shite. Newsflash, they've been shite for about 10 years now. Roy Hodgson and the shite on the pitch are to blame for the current mess.

Nobody, including H&G, forced Hodgson to sign crap like Poulsen.

I found it amusing that when Ayre and Henry emerged, the Liverpool fans started jumping around and singing like the most depressed group of knuckle-dragging football fans around. In order to relate to the fans, Ayre had to compare the situation to a penalty shootout, which won the plaudits with these fans who thought, "I can relate to that! Its so true! :lol: :lol: :lol:"

I fucking hate Liverpool.

The thing I find most amusing, is why do they think this Yank is any different to the one's who have just left.

They preached to any fucker that listened that Gillett and Hicks only cared about money and didn't have the clubs interest at heart and how they wanted John Henry to buy them out. It'll be the same old saga, give him 5 years until he gets bored and lets see how it pans out.

To be fair, I doubt he'll be as bad as that double act, they were pretty special :pipe:

The thing I find most amusing, is why do they think this Yank is any different to the one's who have just left.

They preached to any fucker that listened that Gillett and Hicks only cared about money and didn't have the clubs interest at heart and how they wanted John Henry to buy them out. It'll be the same old saga, give him 5 years until he gets bored and lets see how it pans out.

To be fair, I doubt he'll be as bad as that double act, they were pretty special pipeb.gif

John Henry is a very capable buisnessman who has done well by the Boston Red Sox. His group brought in good management, invested in players, and updated Fenway Park, so don't think his attitude to this venture will be much different.

John Henry is a very capable buisnessman who has done well by the Boston Red Sox. His group brought in good management, invested in players, and updated Fenway Park, so don't think his attitude to this venture will be much different.

Yeah the problem is though is that Henry doesn't really know anything about Liverpool much in the same way Hicks didn't. I think people are expecting him to be better than Hicks in running things (and that's not all that hard), but they're still a far away from where most of the fans expect them to be and it will take a good deal of time before things change

Thats me pwned :pipe:

All the same you can never tell, but I suppose thats football ownership. Don't think it'll be as easy as the Red Sox though, is their turnover not huge in comparison to Liverpool now they are out the CL for a probable 2 years at least?

Just read up a bit about him (probably what I should of done before I tarred him with the same brush) But he seems pretty impressive improving Fenway Park with 10,000 more seats and helping consecutive sell outs, but it's much easier when the side on the park are performing that well, and have a brand as huge as the Red Sox do.

His inexperience with football, and this may sound ridiculous, but being in a completely different country will make things harder for him in my opinion.

It'll be a completely different ball game, pardon the pun :D