liverpool... end of an era?

I stuck a bet on a few days ago, liverpool to get religated (finsih 18th, 19th or 20th) @ 29/1. Today are down to 11/1 (with betclic) 12/1 with ladbrokes.

Thing is, if the court case goes against them (which we just need to look at portsmouth for that), then the chances of them going down (will be put on to -3 points with 19th place on 5 points) will be high and the odds will go to favs prob, 5/2 maybe even worse.... worth a punt?

Not great thread for the liverpool fans i know but its a good bet none the less imo.

What will happen with the club, £300m of debt, championship is never going to pay the money to the club that it needs to sustain the debt, so will it be curtains for the kop?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they're deducted points I can't see them getting relegated, sadly.

They'll pick up enough points at Anfield to make them safe.

Thing is though, they will be forced to sell their top players in the january window with the administrators being in charge, so you can see reyna, gerrard, kuyt, torres, all leaving. they have 6 points atm, for a liverpool team that has not changed much in the last 2 years and then finished the league in 2nd place, this is not a good sign for them! last season 7th... today 18th...

Doubt it, Hicks and GIllete will probably lose the case and the club will be sold. It might be a tough season for the scousers but I think they should be okay provided the new owners don't have the same intentions as the last.

Even if they get deducted 9 points, I can still see them staying up. Like Cappa said, they will win points at Anfield. Although I think they're an extremely average team, minus the likes of Reina, Gerrard and Torres, there are definitely 3 worse teams than Liverpool in that league that will pick up less points Home and Away.

I'd absolutely love it if Liverpool got relegated - not that it will ever happen.

International break is almost up, time for Liverpool to feature on the TV three times a week :anguish:

>12.42pm: The secondary offer that H&G's representatives refer to is from Mill Financial. The offer includes repaying all debts and putting £100m towards the new stadium. Mill Financial took over some of Gillett's stake. Mill Financial were meant to meet Broughton last Thursday to discuss a possible takeover but it was cancelled. Hicks and Gillett's representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool.representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool.

The plot thickens.