Barry Ferguson - Legend or Not

His first spell was enough for him to gain legendary status

His second spell was a complete disaster. 1 good season out of 4, forced out a manager, made a prick of himself on international duty, and didn't play a single good game in his final season

1- le guen going worked out better did it not?? 2- what part did he make a PRICK of himself? if its the fingers, well done I say. the media where due that. and does that mean mcGregor is a PRICK?? 3- the game a remember maybe am nit picking he scored away to hamilton and had game of his life

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His first spell was enough for him to gain legendary status

His second spell was a complete disaster. 1 good season out of 4, forced out a manager, made a prick of himself on international duty, and didn't play a single good game in his final season

That worked out for the best though did it not ?

Best Scottish player of his generation who captained the club to multiple honours while regularly playing through serious injury...hmmm...tough one that.

Only dullards you only ever find creeping about MB’s would deny Ferguson is a legend, the same sort of people who claim players from the 40’s are more deserving even though they don’t know the first thing about them and are just trying to appear as knowledgeable.....

Ferguson is judged on his perceived personality above anything else

Best Scottish player of his generation who captained the club to multiple honours while regularly playing through serious injury...hmmm...tough one that.

Only dullards you only ever find creeping about MB’s would deny Ferguson is a legend, the same sort of people who claim players from the 40’s are more deserving even though they don’t know the first thing about them and are just trying to appear as knowledgeable.....

(tu)

Dont know about Legend and I think this is a term dished out to too many undeserving players but Barry Ferguson was and still is a right good player.

There were times he carried pretty average teams and if he didn't play then neither did Rangers or Scotland for that matter.

Only dullards you only ever find creeping about MB's would deny Ferguson is a legend, the same sort of people who claim players from the 40's are more deserving even though they don't know the first thing about them and are just trying to appear as knowledgeable.....

That's his own fault.

To me personally he'll always be a legend.

He was a quality player who knew excatly what it meant to pull on the shirt.

In his final season he was phish but Rangers didn't play as well without him in the team.

Guess it all matter of opinion :uk:

I guess I just seen Barry as a really good Rangers player who when playing at his best was very very close to World Class. It confuses me why there is so much hate towards him but we all have our opinions

_45792900_gers_celeb_766_03_sns.jpg

During his first stint with Rangers Barry was my hero, would always get his name printed on the back of my shirt and tried to emulate him whilst playing Football whilst failing miserably. When he left us after the treble winning season I was so gutted, Rangers man my arse! Leave Rangers after captaining them to the treble to play with Blackburn? Wrong decision in my opinion, I could have understood if it was a top Premiershop team but it wasn't.

When he returned he didn't dominate the midfield like he used to, it was almost like he held other players back a lot of times. He still showed moments of class but this was overshadowed by him reverting to his crab play and his attitude didn't help much either.

Legend? For his first stint i'd say yes but his second stint left a sour taste.

Legendary Captain? Never in a million years.

Maybe not, but look at the success that immediately followed after he left.

00000042.gif we could hardly buy a win, 1st game after he went, out to dunfermline, then when smith came hhome. 5-0 we won at home to dundee united, we were going no where under le guen, and ferguson knew this, my opinion. and then we won at the piggery.00000042.gif

Yes.

Barry Ferguson was a superb player and his achievements speak for themself.

He has played more European games than any other Rangers player and has made 431 appearances for Rangers.

He has won 15 honours with Rangers and captained them to a European final and a domestic treble.

He was undoubtedly a Rangers legend and was Mr Rangers.

He has shown how good a player he is by starring in the premiership for Birmingham city aswell.

His last spell with us he had one outstanding season with us during the Uefa cup run, one really bad season and 2 ok seasons while picking up a good few injury's on the way.

And Sam, are you being serious... Kevin Thomson was a better midfielder than Barry ? that is just fucking ridiculous.

He was a great captain was unfortunate not to pick up more than 1 title but as a player at Rangers he was outstanding.

It seems to me that you just don't like the guy, im not going to comment on that PLG fiasco because we don't know the ins and outs of it but all the players seemed to be on Barry's side but the Boozegate fiasco was embarrassing.

I find it hard how some can argue he wasn't a legend tho after what he accomplished at Rangers and how good a player he was at Rangers.

good post m8. Barry deserves to be legadary.

IMO in his time at rangers he was one of the most over rated players in the countrys history! A centre mid that couldn't shoot score create header a could go on and the whole mr rangers act Barry Ma baw blamein every other cunt for his mistakes, made me dislike him even more than his personality and stories regarding his attitude!! Then aww he decides to leave coz he cnt handle the sectarian abuse him n his fat Fenian wife took only to return a year n a half later when Glasgow has rid itself of sectarianism of course! Absolute arsehole