Is Rooney right?

Clemdog

Man uniteds first team is as strong as there is in world football. A fit Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Rooney on to form and nani playing to his potential, they could easily compete at the very top. Only a crazy moment by rafael cost man u a semi spot in the CL last season, won the carling cup, only just missing out on the league, ironically I believe to Rooney injury against bayern.

I can c where he coming from, but right now he not coming out of it too well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on mate. Man utd are my english team and the thought of rooney leaving is pretty freightning as alot of other players will want to jump ship the minute they become a star man

The real shame is that man city will just be a team that has far more money than pride and will just throw money at who ever they see playing well at the time, i fucking hate them

Man Utd are also my English team, though the older i've got, the less interested in them i've been

Ferguson comes across as being absolutely obsessed with developing a new batch of talented kids rather than signing proven stars. This will never work in today's game. It isn't 1995 anymore and United's main challengers are no longer Blackburn and Newcastle. When City and Chelsea can't buy pretty much anyone they want, a team of kids is going to win fuck all

I sometimes have a look on RedCafe.net and some of the fans on there astound me with just how blindly loyal they can be at times. Some are saying that they don't need a replacement for Rooney as they have Welbeck and Diouf to come back from loan spells. That is fucking crazy. Another guy is claiming that Sneijder and Ozil weren't needed because Scholes is better than both of them. Wrong, and even if it wasn't, he's 36 ffs

Man Utd are also my English team, though the older i've got, the less interested in them i've been

Ferguson comes across as being absolutely obsessed with developing a new batch of talented kids rather than signing proven stars. This will never work in today's game. It isn't 1995 anymore and United's main challengers are no longer Blackburn and Newcastle. When City and Chelsea can't buy pretty much anyone they want, a team of kids is going to win fuck all

I sometimes have a look on RedCafe.net and some of the fans on there astound me with just how blindly loyal they can be at times. Some are saying that they don't need a replacement for Rooney as they have Welbeck and Diouf to come back from loan spells. That is fucking crazy. Another guy is claiming that Sneijder and Ozil weren't needed because Scholes is better than both of them. Wrong, and even if it wasn't, he's 36 ffs

Exactly, new faces bring confidence among the players. sneijder and ozil would have been perfect for them but i doubt any official enquires were even made! 32 million on berbatov and 17 million on anderson is just a joke, berbatov is looking good now but its probably too late after rooney leaves alot of players wont want to head to old trafford and they could struggle for a good few years! fergie can only go on a couple more seasons surely, the mans pushing 70 ffs

Fergie, with the clubs best interests at hand could have approached jose mourinho and asked him to replace him as manager and im sure the special one would have been honoured and done this before getting snatched up by another club. Its as if they want to make it hard for themselves!!

I think Rooney is a money grabber, but (whisper it), he's absolutely spot on about the state of ManYoo at the moment.

They are in a rapid decline and City will be ahead of them in a matter of months, if they aren't already.

So that gives him the right to be doing what he's doing? The idea of them being in decline is over stated IMO, they've drawn a few games and are being careful with spending prbably because of the debt formed but that's another debate.

Rooney's insulting his team mates, while totally forgetting about the fact he hasn't played well for club or country in months.

Fair enough call him a money grabber but its just business at end of the day, he is still a 25 year old guy who wants to play football and make alot of money for himself, he's won the champs leage and premiership at man u and played in one of the best utd teams of all time in the 2008 team and after seeing ronaldo and tevez leave its hard for him not to think about leaving himself. he isnt a man utd fan, he wasnt raised in their youth team so he probably doesnt feel he owes them anything and if he's going to triple his wage and join a team who have limitless resources without even having to move house its hard not for him to be tempted! Putting myself in his position i can see where he's coming from but can see it as a shock for all the utd staff and fans who hailed him as their no1 man!!

that being said he is still a fat ugly scouse cunt

Exactly, new faces bring confidence among the players. sneijder and ozil would have been perfect for them but i doubt any official enquires were even made! 32 million on berbatov and 17 million on anderson is just a joke, berbatov is looking good now but its probably too late after rooney leaves alot of players wont want to head to old trafford and they could struggle for a good few years! fergie can only go on a couple more seasons surely, the mans pushing 70 ffs

Fergie, with the clubs best interests at hand could have approached jose mourinho and asked him to replace him as manager and im sure the special one would have been honoured and done this before getting snatched up by another club. Its as if they want to make it hard for themselves!!

£7 million on Bebe when Van der Vaart went for just £8 million was absolutely criminal. Bebe will make about 7 sub appearances this season. Van der Vaart already looks like the signing (and the bargain) of the season

£7 million on Bebe when Van der Vaart went for just £8 million was absolutely criminal. Bebe will make about 7 sub appearances this season. Van der Vaart already looks like the signing (and the bargain) of the season

Time will tell

Cant see them winning anything this season, they do still have a great team but untilll they start spending they wont have the appeal of city and chelsea. Sad but true

I don't understand why Real never asked for more. He wasn't going to get any games at Real, but he's still a great player and should be going for double that... minimum.

I don't understand why Real never asked for more. He wasn't going to get any games at Real, but he's still a great player and should be going for double that... minimum.

Apparently they had demanded £16 million from Bayern Munich just the week beforehand but on deadline day they basically let him leave for whatever they could get for him. According to Wiki (not exactly the most reliable, right enough) he is earning £44,000 a week at Spurs which is peanuts nowadays. He mustve been absolutely desperate to leave Real.

Fair enough call him a money grabber but its just business at end of the day, he is still a 25 year old guy who wants to play football and make alot of money for himself, he's won the champs leage and premiership at man u and played in one of the best utd teams of all time in the 2008 team and after seeing ronaldo and tevez leave its hard for him not to think about leaving himself. he isnt a man utd fan, he wasnt raised in their youth team so he probably doesnt feel he owes them anything and if he's going to triple his wage and join a team who have limitless resources without even having to move house its hard not for him to be tempted! Putting myself in his position i can see where he's coming from but can see it as a shock for all the utd staff and fans who hailed him as their no1 man!!

that being said he is still a fat ugly scouse cunt

And that's what is wrong with football isn't it?

All about fucking money. Football shouldn't just be like any other job.

Man Utd were plenty successful long before, and will be long after Wayne Rooney

They are the best supported team in the world, and that isnt just going to go away

I only wished Man Utd had cashed in on him before the world cup when his stock was highest

rooneybadge438getty.jpg

(td)

And that's what is wrong with football isn't it?

All about fucking money. Football shouldn't just be like any other job.

It shouldnt be but it is, most young lads in the same position would look after number 1 these days

Defo agree its a shame utd couldnt cash in on him coz city would happily have payed 100 mill for him

It does have to be said that clubs have been and always will be quite to get rid of players if they think they can do better so players should be allowed to do the same.

The main problem I have with Rooney this season is his surly attitude ... he is still being well paid to play with one of the biggest clubs in the game so he should continue to give of his best until he is on someone elses payroll

the thing is, people are mentioning money

rooney is on 90k a week for man u, thats 5mill a year roughly, not including bonuses and sponserships etc etc

how much more money does he want and can spend, he has everything possible im sure

i could understand if man u were only offering him peanuts, but in this case i dont believe money is the issue

yes he'll get more from another team, but i bet he only goes to another team thats on par, if not better than man u in terms of history and calibre

plus i think mrs shrek has had a say in this, dont be surprised if you find it is her telling him to get a move to spain

the thing is, people are mentioning money

rooney is on 90k a week for man u, thats 5mill a year roughly, not including bonuses and sponserships etc etc

how much more money does he want and can spend, he has everything possible im sure

i could understand if man u were only offering him peanuts, but in this case i dont believe money is the issue

yes he'll get more from another team, but i bet he only goes to another team thats on par, if not better than man u in terms of history and calibre

plus i think mrs shrek has had a say in this, dont be surprised if you find it is her telling him to get a move to spain

Coleen apparently doesn't want to leave England because her younger sister is seriously ill

I think he is right in a sense.

Man Utd haven't brought in the calibre of player needed to stay at the top. They've seen their better players sold or leaving the club in Tevez and Ronaldo and haven't brought in replacements. They also have, arguably, their best players in Giggs, Scholes and Van Der Sar reaching the end of their career and with Uniteds debt the way it is they certainly don't look like they will spend what is needed to replace these world class players.

They have declined in the past few years and with ever-ageing players and ever-growing debt they don't look like improving anytime soon. Add to that the ambition shown by City, the quality of Chelsea and just generally the improvement of the other sides in the league I think it is sad times ahead for United.

So from that point of view I can understand where Rooney is coming from. Man United are a sinking ship and unless they spend big in the next few years they will fall further behind their rivals. Rooney has maybe seen that and when he's asked for assurances of the future for the club he hasn't been given it. If he's ambitious, that's understandable.

Obviously what he's doing lacks loyalty and perhaps sums up the modern day footballer, but we'll probably never know if his statement is genuine. As someone said above, does he really need more money? Fergie said they offered him a deal that not many could compete with, so surely if it was about the dosh he would have just signed it?

Either way, it doesn't look good for United. They need new owners and rid of that debt if they're to stay at the top.