points deduction next season

starting next season the s.f.a. can deduct 3 points from any club whose fans sing sectarian songs. i dont think we will have much problem with this at our home games but i fear the worst on our travels. i can see the s.f.a. giving us one stern warning then take great delight in deducting 3 points from us on our visits to hibs,hearts the sheep etc. make no mistake this is going to happen. what are we going to do about this? or do you think the morons are going to see sense and cut out the offending songs?do we refuse tickets for all away grounds? this is going to become a very serious matter very quickly,what do you guys out there think?

Other than the obvious what constitutes a sectarian songs from a folk song ? .......have the SFA supplied any guidelines on this ?

Similair question could be used for the Aberdeen fans singing their bile at Ibrox. This isnt sectarian, but should they get away with it?

Other than the obvious what constitutes a sectarian songs from a folk song ? .......have the SFA supplied any guidelines on this ?

Similair question could be used for the Aberdeen fans singing their bile at Ibrox. This isnt sectarian, but should they get away with it?

exactly it's a f*cking disgrace! they sheep sh@ggers who sing this are utter scum (mad)

starting next season the s.f.a. can deduct 3 points from any club whose fans sing sectarian songs. i dont think we will have much problem with this at our home games but i fear the worst on our travels. i can see the s.f.a. giving us one stern warning then take great delight in deducting 3 points from us on our visits to hibs,hearts the sheep etc. make no mistake this is going to happen. what are we going to do about this? or do you think the morons are going to see sense and cut out the offending songs?do we refuse tickets for all away grounds? this is going to become a very serious matter very quickly,what do you guys out there think?

On the contrary, I seriously think - you should get additional points for being good ! Why always be negative and deduct points - why not be more inclusive and award points for good behaviour etc. We could ask home and away fans, say at half time - to judge things like -

a. who's made the best cake ?

b. what female fans *no offence" have got the best breasts.

c. we could also do something for the men ?

d. what about - and I don't think we should have a telephone vote - coz it's corrupt - something like a 1/2 time sing song (no sectarian songs and u can't sing simply the best - okay)

- between rival fans - and we all have to clap after the song - and the one's with the loudest claps (we could have a clapometer ? - I once thought I had the clap ) you give an additional point for the fans who represent that team.

e. then we could have a double or nothing with the footy i.e. if you get additional points with the games I've mentioned (and you don't sing any sectarian songs or simply the best or tina turner numbers) then, you could say get ten points or something instead of three if you win both competitions.

f. so that nobody is falling out with each other - we could have Ideal Broomloan representing the away team (whoever that is ) and DA representing Rangers. - and they could have alternates - just in case ?

Seriously, this is a good idea - and it's about community football after all. I think UEFA would jump at the chance to get involved with this ?

No - hence GersPride.

That reminds me, I'd love to go to that.

the moment either of the old firm suffers a points deduction is the moment when the league becomes pointless,worthless,usless and a hopless excuse for a genuine competition. :pipeguy:

Aye, get your dosh on Gretna for the SPL next season. Unless of course they have a naughty wee ditty in their repertoire.

the moment either of the old firm suffers a points deduction is the moment when the league becomes pointless,worthless,usless and a hopless excuse for a genuine competition. :pipeguy:

Aye, get your dosh on Gretna for the SPL next season. Unless of course they have a naughty wee ditty in their repertoire.

your right.

On the contrary, I seriously think - you should get additional points for being good ! Why always be negative and deduct points - why not be more inclusive and award points for good behaviour etc. We could ask home and away fans, say at half time - to judge things like -

d. what about - and I don't think we should have a telephone vote - coz it's corrupt - something like a 1/2 time sing song (no sectarian songs and u can't sing simply the best - okay)

- between rival fans - and we all have to clap after the song - and the one's with the loudest claps (we could have a clapometer ? - I once thought I had the clap ) you give an additional point for the fans who represent that team.

e. then we could have a double or nothing with the footy i.e. if you get additional points with the games I've mentioned (and you don't sing any sectarian songs or simply the best or tina turner numbers) then, you could say get ten points or something instead of three if you win both competitions.

f. so that nobody is falling out with each other - we could have Ideal Broomloan representing the away team (whoever that is ) and DA representing Rangers. - and they could have alternates - just in case ?

Seriously, this is a good idea - and it's about community football after all. I think UEFA would jump at the chance to get involved with this ?

:lol::D:D Superb.......

But you forgot one Wienblue

Which set of fans did the best rendition of Kum Ba Ya....?

Lets not lose out on this Bears....after 3....1,2,3

Kum Ba Ya Me Lord.....Kum Ba Ya....

In fact we could even do it as a round just like we did at Sunday School and BB's....as a round...

Copland Stand Starts...then after the first line the Broomloan....

:lol::D:D Superb.......

But you forgot one Wienblue

Which set of fans did the best rendition of Kum Ba Ya....?

Lets not lose out on this Bears....after 3....1,2,3

Kum Ba Ya Me Lord.....Kum Ba Ya....

In fact we could even do it as a round just like we did at Sunday School and BB's....as a round...

Copland Stand Starts...then after the first line the Broomloan....

One problem D, the lefty pc mob wouldn't like us to sing My Lord. ;)

Look guys, if the Rev. Ian and Gerry Adams can make peace and sit in government - we could maybe stop singing songs.

What about this UEFA, FIFA and SFA - why don't we come to a peace agreement with the Tic fans and at the next OF game, sign an agreement witnessed by George Mitchel, Grant Mitchell, Ideal Broomloan and Phil Mitchel..... and they can sing our songs .... and we sing their songs etc. Nobody is allowed to make a complaint and that way nobody will be offended ... and nobody gets deducted any points ! But, at the same time we respect their culture and they ours and we get to hear all the classic tunes.

Nobody loses out ???

If we don't sing The Billy Boys or any Palimilitery stuff we should be fine.

The rule for only fining for Sectarian songs is a joke, like mentioned previously, what about the Aberdeen fans ? I would think singing about Billy Fullerton and the Ibrox Disaster would be equally offensive. But where do you draw the line ? The Ibrox Disaster and "Sheep Sh@ggin bassas" are both offensive songs, so will they ban us from singing that ? What about "You fat Bassa" will they ban that ? Discrimination against fat people ? They have opened up a can of worms with this.

Why dont we just fly the white flag above Ibrox and instead of having our Union Jacks and Saltires at games get white flags and surrender to the press, the SFA, the government etc etc because the way some people are going on here they would like the away games to be the exact same atmosphere at Ibrox flat, depressing, absolutely silent, here people moaning and groaning about whos playing well and whos playing crap and for 1 a hate it when its like that!! The sing songs at Easter Road and Parkhead was excellent 2 brilliant atmospheres and no1 was complaining then but since Osasuna game its been what do we do, we cant sing this, cant sing that etc etc our songs are fine its the add ons which we have to stop and by working 2gether on that we can do it as a support but problem this year is there is a divide in the support this year which isnt helping!!

As far as other teams go are they gonna take points off Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock for singing their version of TBB?? a think not, Aberdeen will get away with their pish they sing and so will all the other teams the SFA are gonna try to punish the Old Firm as much as they can and we all know they will be closely paying close attention to us!! If points are taken off u can guarentee any team will appeal against the deduction

I still can't understand why they are so thick about this and what if rogue 'fans' get in who are not real Gers fans...I wouldn't put it past some people