Labrokes / William Hill

McD

These things are class, I feel like I'm winning more than I'm putting in right now,

anytime I have a spare few quid I'm on them, just left with £70 there :D

My mate last week won £240 with £8, he was up at £300 odd too.

Any of use have luck on these things?

Iknow a young boy who lost 34 grand in those machines and got in that much debt with using credit cards. He never goes near them now but to late as the damage has been done.

Thats what i was meaning mate, i also know a few like this, i was sucked in but got on top of it in the end but to knowhere near that extent.

The bookies turnover from these machines are unreal. Jonnyboyrfc is 1 i know who works in a bookies will be able to tell you the serious amount of doe that can be made from these

Having worked for Coral and also been an addicted gambler on those machines myself (have won and lost 1000s) my 100% honest would be to never touch them. Turning a fiver into a four hundy is great but vice-versa not so much.

You can have good days and they can be awesome fun, but in the long run you will lose and they can have a huge impact on your life. Easily one of the most addictive and dangerous forms of gambling.

Used to play these alot, most Ive lost in a day is £100, but Im off them the now.

Anybody else think playing online live roulette is any better? Ive been playing that. Do you think that could be fixed or would it just be your Donald Duck?

• 2 weeks later...

Iknow a young boy who lost 34 grand in those machines and got in that much debt with using credit cards. He never goes near them now but to late as the damage has been done.

No offence but this young boy must be stupid. £34k???? doh

I don't know about the roulette machines, but any form of AWP (Amusement with prizes) machine like these and fruit machines are great money-spinners for the people who own them. I used to work in a pub with two fruit machines. I used to double my weekly wage by playing them when I knew they were ready to pay out.

I then went to work in a Legion club with £250 jackpot machines. I have seen people put their wages into these machines on payday, then come back next payday and do exactly the same. Working there put me off fruit machines for life, I would never put more than a couple of quid in one now.

Leave well alone, you'll end up chasing losses and it can end really, really badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Absoloutely hate those things. Whenever i'm on i play Eight & neighbours (8,10,11,23,30) and i rarely get a good win. Whenever i'm watching others those numbers come in much more often.

I'm not picking different numbers :P

They are a massive trap. I once got up to £1k online from £20. By the time I finished it was all gone again.

Roulette is actually the game that favours the bookies most - thats why they are so common.

I have lost thousands over the years and am still paying for it now...thankfully I have long since wised up..but still paying for my mistakes.

Its easy to say people are stupid, but everyone has there weaknesses and you dont always know them till its too late...be it drugs, drink, gambling, whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i work in a bookies and the money that comes out them is frightening

also the reason we are open so late when there aint any racing on (winter, xmas eve etc) always some mug willing to lose cash in them

bookies know this and are greedy bastards

• 3 weeks later...

I play roulette machines every time I put a coupon on. Fiver coupon and a fiver in the roulette. Always enjoy it, win or lose but nothing beats putting a fiver in and walking off with 100+ quid. :D

I'm the same sometimes, but I rarely win big. I ususally walk away once (and if) I get to £30.

• 3 weeks later...

play them in willy hills that much when the spin starts i know what number its goin to be !anyone else got the same skill ha!know instanty weather ive won or lost.won and lost a fair bit on the wee fckrs but you always chase that day when u skank the bookies for grands .

They are the only reason bookies stay open late during winter when the racing has already finished.

They make a mint out of gullable people who think in the long run they can beat a machine programmed to take more money than it pays out.

Only thing u can bet on that cant be rigged is the weather

They are the only reason bookies stay open late during winter when the racing has already finished.

They make a mint out of gullable people who think in the long run they can beat a machine programmed to take more money than it pays out.

Only thing u can bet on that cant be rigged is the weather

this.its just a puggy at the end of the day