Antonio Cassano in trouble again

JamieD

Antonio Cassano's future has been thrown into doubt after Sampdoria reportedly requested permission to terminate his contract.

The Serie A club have asked Italian League authorities for consent to annul the striker's deal with immediate effect following his altercation with club president Riccardo Garrone, according to local press reports.

The 28-year-old has allegedly been suspended by the club after a spat with Garrone on Tuesday, during which he is understood to have insulted the official.

Although he apologised during a meeting with Garrone on Thursday, coach Domenico Di Carlo on Friday omitted Cassano from the match-day squad for Sunday's trip to Cesena.

Italian press reports claim Cassano refused to join Garrone at an awards event on Tuesday night.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6476134,00.html

Get him signed up Walter :sherlock:

I wonder if he'll ever join a team where everything is fine and dandy and he falls out with no one. What a talent the guy is, but I think he may be seen as a gamble by other clubs now.

I doubt it. His personality just doesn't seem compatible with professional football. Maybe a strong man-manager could rein him in. Pity Walter's retiring :pipe:

What a player. Cunt of a man. He should be at a Real, Barca, Inter starring and racked up a collection of medals

Doesn't seem to interest him.

"What is truly important is being happy now. I know I haven’t given 100 per cent physically or mentally to this game. At best, I gave 50 per cent. Maybe a tiny bit more in the good years. But so what? Thanks to my talent, I live like a king, I play football and I have a great time. If I had wanted to give 100 per cent, I would have stayed at Real Madrid, sacrificed lots of things, done my very best and I probably would have succeeded. Instead, I’m here at Sampdoria and I love it.”

Cassano is only 28?

Seems like he's been around for ages.

Haha, looking back, Bari must think they got a fantastic deal from Roma now despite it being very good at the time. Iirc, he was signed for 19 million euros? 2001 aswell, must have only been 19.

Refusing to attend an awards dinner is not worth losing your best player over

What's weird is, Cassano and Garrone seem to have had a great relationship up til now. Cassano credited him with the reason he wanted to stay at Sampdoria when Fiorentina were after him.

Antonio+Cassano+Riccardo+Garrone+UC+Sampdoria+2ts6FONtyNMl.jpg