***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

The prelims just finished, my birds in Dundee and my mates have been anti-social recently.

I have fuck all else to do, literally. :lol:

It's unhealthy though. I'll need to stop playing it soon.

Played a few of my pre-season friendlies and let my assistant take care of some of them too.

Beat Stenhousemuir at home 3-2.

Lost to Carnoustie 3-2 away. :anguish:

Beat Mangotsfield 4-2 at home (assistant)

Drew 1-1 with Fort William at home (assistant)

Beat Yoker 4-2 at home (me)

Then the challenge cup first round, got Dunfermline and lost 5-1 at home. :(

Next up Falkirk in the league cup. :(

..then the season really begins haha!

Almost got a decent enough team now, just need a right back I think!

why does my stands keep getting shut? :lol: (im Crawley btw )

That's happened to me twice now.

I've never experienced this in any FM game.

Lower league stadiums must be a bombscare to attend if they're that dangerous. :lol:

INto My 2nd season as Arsenal boss after finishing a lowly 5th position after being robbed by the computer :rolleyes:

im now 17 games into the season and have a record of

Playing 17 won 17 lost 0 drawn 0 scored 57 conceded 7

Neymar broke his foot after scoring 11 goals in 4 games , replaced with RVP and he scored 16 in 13 :lol: so looking at keeping the run going if i can , i have also Won 6 out of 6 in my europa league group scoring 30 goals and conceding 1

Just got the game and started as Rangers.

Signed Griffiths (275k), Goncalves (free) and Kakuta (loan) and sold Miller and Papac.

Top of the league after 6 games, my CL group is a bitch though. Chelsea, Valencia and Sampdoria :( Lost 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Griffiths is basically a cheat player :lol: Amazing value for money.

See this Europa League on the Thursday, then SPL on the Sunday schedule, it's ripping the arse out of my squad.

Having said that, I've qualified for the group stage and I'm in Group I with Rubin, Stabaek of Norway and... Stoke. :lol:

Also, I managed to add Tom Hateley to my squad for £750K.

It's late October now and I'm second to Rubin in our Europa League group after three games, having lost one-nil in Russia before doing both Stoke and the mob from Norway. I'm confident of progressing.

We're second in the SPL, as well, five behind the Tims with a game in hand. We're both unbeaten, but I've drawn once more than they have. We've also drawn them in the semi-final of the League Cup after winning five-one against Forfar and four-two at Tynecastle against Hearts.

Last season, as some of you might have read, we were fucked over by injuries. This time, we're not as bad. McGregor missed pre-season, McCulloch and big Jelavic have been out for a month and Lafferty's just back after a couple of months out while Bougherra won't be back until January, but I'm rotating the players a lot more to cope with the fixture list and they're dealing with it well.

What I've also started doing is, if I'm playing twice in the same week, giving the squad a day or two off training to recover.

Gaél Kakuta and Sergio Sánchez have been outstanding. Kakuta had a tough job to replace Weiss, but he's been better and, for £750K, I robbed Sevillá of Sánchez. Stevie Naismith and big Jelavic, up front together, have been lethal. Jamie Ness has stepped-up, as well, he's pushing for a first team place.

I also brought The Goalie in as a goalkeeping coach. :21:

Couldn't wait for the update any longer, decided to start a game with Nottingham Forrest in the meantime.

Brought in;

Michael Ball - Free

Mateja Kezman - Free

Gary Harkins - £90k from Dundee

Jose Goncalves - Free

Barry Bannan - Loan from Villa

Gregg Wylde - Loan

Sold Earnshaw to reduce the wage bill, wasn't having him kicking about my side on £15,000 p/w when the nearest player to him was Club Captain Paul McKenna on £8,000 p/w. Pre-season went well, losing one game to Lille and getting a good couple of wins against Birmingham, Young Boys and a 5-1 demolishing of Porto.

Started the Championship well with a 2-1 away win at Derby, but lost to Pompey (who went down to 9 men) 2-1 at Fratton Park. Beat Hartlepool 4-1 away in the League Cup.

Just pullled off the best result in my Montrose career, and possibly in Montrose's history!

After drawing 1-1 with Hearts at Links Park, a game in which we were winning, Montrose headed to Tynecastle for the Scottish Cup replay. We weren't given a chance. Hearts were expected to destroy us.

By half time, Montrose were sitting 3-0 up! By full-time, nothing had changed. :D

Through to the 5th Round against Clyde of the Third Division!