***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

started off well but drawn last 4 in league , beaten by valencia 5-1 and celtic 2-1 , no matter what i do with the defence teams just seem to play right through me

Have you set the 2 CB's running back to the 6 yard box? and set them to sit deep, it can help with teams getting through the middle so easily

Is the 'undo last' button available at the bottom of the tactics screen? Sounds like the tactics haven't been finalised and the game wants you to cancel them.

no theres nuttin there.. everytime i get an injury i need to go on holiday for a day.... :chopometer:

:dry: something has gone wrong in my 2nd season , midway through January and THEY have a 11 point lead over me even though i gubbed them 4-0 at Ibrox and them compaining about refs :rolleyes:the annoying thing is i have only lost one game during the season keep getting silly draws :angry: still in the UCL with a last 16 tie against Real Madrid .

Seville 2-1 Rangers

Naismith

3 defeats out of 3 in Europe now, hoping to qualify for Europa league at least.

In other news Jelavic resumes full training 4 days before tims away.

Celtic 2-2 Rangers

Miller pen

Lafferty

Should have won, celtic got 7 men booked and that big swedish prick majstronvic sent off. still 4 clear at the top with a game in hand

Rangers 0-1 Hearts League Cup Qrt Final

1 less competition for players to get injured, numbers in the squad are running low.

Rangers 4-3 ICT

Miller (3)

Fleck

Good result here, in other new, St Johnstone stopped an 8 match losing streak to draw with the tims.

The Rangers are 6 points clear with a game in hand

Not updated in a wee while and cant be arsed writing down all the results but to some up ......

Beat Seville 2-0 and Cluj 2-0 at home in the champions league. Went through to the europa league drawing Villarreal.

19 games in to the league and ive won 12 drawing 7 losing 0.

Celtic are 6 points adrift and Dundee UTD are a further 4 from them.

Got an offer of £1.5m for Kirk Broadfoot in the January 11 transfer window, asked for £2.5m up front plus 20% of any future sale and another £500k after 20 game, which was accepted. So Kirk is off too.. Valencia :lol:

What a deal that is m8 i'd kill for that lol, broadfoot is just rotting on the bench for me lol,

on the hand Alan Hutton is one more match from triggering a clause that will give me £1M, no bad.

What a deal that is m8 i'd kill for that lol, broadfoot is just rotting on the bench for me lol,

on the hand Alan Hutton is one more match from triggering a clause that will give me £1M, no bad.

He was playing not too bad for me, but tbh I was never turning down £2.5m. Hutton has already triggered that clause so another million in the bank.

Well i took a break frm my Rangers game and deceided to have a crack at the Bundesliga , i Went Dortmund and ended up getting less money than you get at Rangers :dry: so my big summer singings were stephen Kelly on loan for 2 years and Kermit Erasmus for 70k , didnt win a game in the league for 6 matches losing 4 and drawing 2 was sitting last in the league and already under pressure , but in the Europa league i was hammering teams left , right and centre , goals galore , it was frustrating to say the least so a wee tweak on the tactics and lw and behold last night i go on a 12 game winning streak in the league and now sit 6th a point from 2nd but still 11 behind Bayern .

IF anyone is looking for a cracking young left winger then have a swatch at Dortmunds young German his name is Kevin Grosskreutz he is a beast (tu) as is Sahin and Barrios :)

Took up the reigns at Everton! First season was tough, lots of over paid flops so loaned off a few and sold others (i.e.

Neville, Saha etc) and cleared out the back room staff - they had 6 physios!!! Ended up coming a respectable 7th place and in the LC Final but ducked out the FA Cup in the 5th round to Stoke of all teams.

Sold Arteta for £15M(moaned his chops off), Yukubo for £5M, Saha for £2M and removed my reserves team from the competition and sold them all (plus fringe players) and made a cool £35M over the summer. Reinvested loads back into the squad and I'm now sitting 2nd in the league after 9 games! My squad isn't amazing but lots of good solid players making the difference. Picked up Adam and NZogbia after they were relegated and envoked Cuellars £8M clause to sign him up. I did have Bougherra but he wanted to 'join a bigger' club so papped him off to a French team for £3M as he was annoying me.

First team:

Howard/McGregor

Heitinga                   Cuellar Jagielka         Baines

Fellaini

Weiss/Pienaar          Cahill            Adam/Rodwell NZogbia/Bilyaletdinov

Diamanti/Vaughan

Just got passed the January transfer window. And somehow my club had £3M to spend. So i adjusted the budget to give me more wages.

Players Out : Miller to Liverpool on an agreed contract.

Players In : Leigh Griffiths £1M, Aron Gunnarson 980K.

Top Goalscorer leaving at the end of the season, Griffiths in to cover the loss of Miller. Griffiths is a brilliant signing already scoring 4 in 2. Looking to the future and only signing young talent.

22 games played 15 wins 7 draws 0 losses. Sheltick are 9 points behind. League looks wrapped up so im focusing on my big tie against Villarreal.

Started a game as Dundee United as I wanted to try a team out with the old firm..

Been playing really well in my pre season friendlys, including a 3-3 draw at home against Roma (went 2-0 down) :lol:

Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 but with wing backs that bomb forward!

About half way through my second season with Rangers.

Juan Pablo Caffa has been a revelation so far, both in the SPL and Europe I would highly recommend him as a left midfielder/winger, a bargain at 825k for me.

Jack Corks loan-form has lead to him being dubbed the new Frank Lampard.

Topped my CL group with Lyon, Leverkusen and Universitatea Craicova. Lost the opening game to Leverkusen 5-1 away, then beat Lyon 1-0 at Ibrox, beat Craicova 2-1 away and 3-0 at home, drew with Leverkusen 0-0 at home and beat Lyon 2-1 away in the final match to qualify.

Both myself and Celtic are tied for 1st place in the SPL with them having the lead by a virtue of 3 goals. Beat them comfortably at Ibrox, mind you.

Tied up Paul Dixon on a pre-contract for some left back back-up as I've none really.

Oh and the board have upgraded my transfer budget to 4m, though i moved a slice of that into wages.