McGregors value?

If we must sell him, I wouldn't take any less than what Sunderland paid for Gordon. As far as I'm concerned, Shagger is the Goram to Gordon's Leighton, and we all know who was the better keeper, even if the other was more trusted.

I understand Walters statement (see other post) regarding McGregors interest being nothing other than paper talk and I understand that the player himself may not want to go. Believe this though, if some club comes in with a bid of £5 million plus then neither the manager nor the player will have much or ony say in the matter. Lloyds will call the shots and force our hand, thats why I believe we have the reputation of selling our top players at less than the market value. I firmly believe the first offer of £5 million plus will be accepted and thats despite the fact if he currently played in the EPL, La Liga etc he would be worth £10 million plus!

Alexander is a contender to the thrown but lets face it he is no McGregor at the moment.

Anyone else think these quotes of 5 million a joke.

Seriously, 9, 10 million would be my value - no less, maybe more.

in our current financial state, no club will bid that for our keeper,

can be certain of a 5-6mill bid knowing full well that:

this is the last season of champions league income for a number of seasons (quite probable)

the squad could/needs bolstered and we have no money to do it

scottish football is generally poor

the moments of madness from shagger are still kicking around

His sentimental value should be drawn into consideration aswel after all...

He dives to the left,

He dives to the right,

Allan McGregor shags ten birds a night...

He dives to the left,

He dives to the right,

Allan McGregor shags ten birds a night...

http://fanchants.com/football-songs/glasgow_rangers-chants/allan-mcgregor-song/

:uk::21::uk:

7/8million ish

I feel when Craig Gordon left, the Market was far more inflated than it is now, alot of big epl teams are riddled with monstrous debts (money the banks now want back quicker than they used to) and as such the big teams won't pay as much as they might have done 3/4/5 yrs ago

Yes £5m is a joke, sadly we have fans who would accept that fee and a regime who the fans dont know to trust if a bid of anything came in. We dont know what they would do. They like to accept offers for players, no matter how low that offer is. Murrays Rangers is a selling club.

Ferguson, Mendes, Adam, Cuellar all sold on the cheap(regardless of reason for leaving), probably countless others.

The lack of ambition surrounding our club is frightening, from the fans to the manager to the owner and everyone in between.

A few good games from Naisy and already people are talking about can we keep hold of him. WE ARE RANGERS FFS!

Cuellar wasn't a cheap sell, at the time his fee was the going rate for such a player.

Then again I agree about Adam.

And mendes well.... I heard (obviously I'm not sure if it's true) we where still paying half his wages when he left for a bit and the shit fee we got for him was ridiculous

If we get anything over £7 Million that would be a good fee for Rangers. Rangers will be aware that he is unlikely to sign a new contract and only has two years left on his contract which means the clock is ticking on his value. For a player of 28 with only five years experience along with little International experiene £7 Million would be a very good fee.

I understand Walters statement (see other post) regarding McGregors interest being nothing other than paper talk and I understand that the player himself may not want to go. Believe this though, if some club comes in with a bid of £5 million plus then neither the manager nor the player will have much or ony say in the matter. Lloyds will call the shots and force our hand, thats why I believe we have the reputation of selling our top players at less than the market value. I firmly believe the first offer of £5 million plus will be accepted and thats despite the fact if he currently played in the EPL, La Liga etc he would be worth £10 million plus!

Alexander is a contender to the thrown but lets face it he is no McGregor at the moment.

Eh no chance, he has two and a half years left in his contract so no one can force him out, if he leaves its his choice and his choice alone.

Of course he would be worth more if he was playing in the EPL, If he was then he would have proved he has the character to play in a top league week in week out