speirs has his say on the poppy debate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of phrases "popped" out at me:

"...excessively proud of its Irish roots..."

So does Graham think Celtic are over the top in promoting it's "Irishness"?

"... every other egalitarian value which is allegedly held dear at Celtic Park."

Does Graham think that Cetic aren't the equally open to all football club that they make themselves out to be?

I detect the hand of the editor.

Are you inferring that people on here show support for our troops because the scum don't?

That we base our beliefs on the opposite of what they believe?

Just for oneupmanship?

I 100% believe that there are people on this forum (a minority) that base there belief system on the opposite of what 'they' do and on what they percieve 'we' should be.

I also believe there are ( a minority) on here who want to have banners, protests etc. etc. just for oneupmanship latching onto a popular casue but with a view to getting at 'them' rather than pure support for the cause.

I 100% believe that there are people on this forum (a minority) that base there belief system on the opposite of what 'they' do and on what they percieve 'we' should be.

I also believe there are ( a minority) on here who want to have banners, protests etc. etc. just for oneupmanship latching onto a popular casue but with a view to getting at 'them' rather than pure support for the cause.

Go fuck yerself ya clown no one likes you on here :wanker:

This man like many others does not know the true meaning of the poppy.

The poppy commemorates the DEAD in ALL wars or conflicts, not just WW1 or WW2 but all wars in the past.

Those dead do not just include UK soldiers but also soldiers in Allied countries and also the civilians who also died.

The poppy does not glorify the British Army, it's a charity. (something the Tim's say they were founded on and support)

For this Tit to try and say that the Tims were "right or wrong" with their protest is just stupid.It was wrong!

They have a right to protest about the wars, but not against the people who die in them.

I've alway maintained that the problem lies with the club's connections to Ireland/Eire, the Irish Republic is a foreign country just like France or Germany and not just our little neighbour who is really British but just won't say so.

We rightly ask "If they like it that much why don't they go home". A just question IMO.

Once again the moron brings the name of our club into the debate, we, like every other organization in the UK, support and display the poppy, not for any reason other than respect.Something timothy doesn't.

I really admire how Britney keeps banging on about the multicultural support at septic park as if septic are the only club with supporters from different ethnic backgrounds. It's his biggest myth making story this year. I'm sure that any one of can tell of supporters with different ethnic backgrounds supporting or even attending Ibrox. Britney believes because he writes about a subject he makes an agenda out of it. I call it up your own arse reporting and I can state that I've had to stop buying The Times and The Sunday Times because of this clown.

What next? A minority on here only love the Rangers because the scum exist?

Maybe the reason you feel we base our belief system on the opposite of what they do is because we are the opposite of them

they = EVIL we = GOOD

I can see where you're coming from with the oneupmanship though,a very small minority right enough.

What next? A minority on here only love the Rangers because the scum exist?

Maybe the reason you feel we base our belief system on the opposite of what they do is because we are the opposite of them

they = EVIL we = GOOD

I can see where you're coming from with the oneupmanship though,a very small minority right enough.

Once you've been on here for a while you will realise that your first line is correct (for some)

"I have always happily ignored one of the traditional and cowardly rules of Scottish sports journalism - the rule which says, always apportion equal blame to Celtic and Rangers when talking of bigotry - by pointing a much bigger finger of blame at Rangers, the club I grew up supporting."

Once a cunt, always a cunt.

A lot of English clubs have a large Irish following, particularly Everton and Liverpool. But do their fans have to put of with that shite every November ? Or according to that cunt is it wrong for the Irish supporters of these clubs not to protest ? I hope Speirs' gets raped off Mike Tyson at some point.

A couple of phrases "popped" out at me:

"...excessively proud of its Irish roots..."

So does Graham think Celtic are over the top in promoting it's "Irishness"?

"... every other egalitarian value which is allegedly held dear at Celtic Park."

Does Graham think that Cetic aren't the equally open to all football club that they make themselves out to be?

I detect the hand of the editor.

You can add "A recent fad" to your list of this pricks misquotes

I imagine than about 150yrs. ago when Charles Dickens was writting his marvelous

stories and creating those wonderful characters that he must have known someone like

Spiers and thats where he got his idea for the character of Uriah Heep.

Perhaps Spiers article would carry more credibility if he drew attention to the lie

being repeated on the banner.

No bloodstained poppy on the hoops.

Really Graham????

During the negotiations for the Irish Peace process, one of the concessions demanded

by, and granted to, the IRA was the release of prisoners.

In spite of the obsessive campaign against the British army having a "Shoot to kill"

policy, the government were able to release hundreds of IRA prisoners.

How many prisoners did the IRA release, Graham???

How many prisoners did the IRA take during 25yrs. of fighting???

There are still bodies being discovered today that the IRA denied murdering at the

time.

No bloodstained poppies on the hoops, Graham? and no sense of shame in the ranks

either.