speirs has his say on the poppy debate

What do you think about the sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality of CFC? I'm asking this because taking the religion and politics aside for a second, how do you think that Britney can write pieces such as this and remain in employment. You see, you can't really do what you're doing unless we all do it. You take the whole lot, like all the journalists south of the border seem to be doing now, or you take nothing, or I should say you take some fantasy kind of belief system from inside Ibrox with you into the outside world. Would you walk into a rabid's bar in the East of Glasgow with a Rangers top on and try and argue that you don't believe in the political or religious beliefs of the club? You'd get eaten alive mate and you know it.

You see therein, for me, lies the problem with yourself and TWB. I'm being honest here, not taking the piss, I really am being honest and would love to know what you think.

I dont see why I'm getting dragged into this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye - SURELY Spiers would know this, since Gers were the "team he grew up supporting"? And of course it's just point scoring by RFC to support the troops and to be proud to wear the poppy (as every other team in Britain is to my knowledge, with one notable exception.).

Honestly, the man's heid truly zips up the back.

TBH mate i never knew we played the army, but that seemed a really touching thing for the Rangers to do.

However to suggest that Rangers only do this to get one over the taigs is disgusting. I hate gayham speirs

You talk about being the minority Rangers supporter. So then, you know the baggage (for want of a better word) that comes from wearing the colours, baggage that has been manipulated by the mhedia here in Scotland. Can you see what I'm saying?

So then, what is your opinion on the supporters of Liverpool, Man Utd, Dundee, St. Johnstone, Millwall or Leeds? Do you feel the same way about those clubs as you feel about Rangers? And can I ask you, what does the minority of Rangers fans, or fan (yourself), stand for? And what does the majority of Rangers fans stand for? You love these blanket statements that mean nothing.

So you're your own man, er, who isn't? Are you saying because the majority of Rangers fans share the same religious beliefs and political beliefs that it makes them wrong or right with these beliefs?

I am saying - as clear as I can POLITICS and RELIGION have NO place in football.

Where I stand on the political, religious or loyalist spectrum is NOT defined by the support of a football team.

BP9 why do you need to be an absolute banger on almost every thread?

Must I agree with everything that is said? Should I stay quiet if I have an opposing opinion? just what is this forum for if it is not to agree, disagree, debate, discuss and talk about 'our' opinions on Rangers and Supporting Rangers?

Is your belief system so weak that you would prefer I stay quiet in the background rather than try to bring me around to your way of thinking?

Or do you just want everyone to agree and get along ?

He lost me when he mentioned us. What does it have to do with Rangers? It wasn't just Rangers supporters who were outraged over this. A simple google search throws up threads on messageboards for just about every football club in Britain, full of people condemning ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ. But no, it's a tit-for-tat war between the Old Firm as usual isn't it Mr Spiers?

I am saying - as clear as I can POLITICS and RELIGION have NO place in football.

Where I stand on the political, religious or loyalist spectrum is NOT defined by the support of a football team.

Even if there are POLITICS and RELIGION in football, here in our little corner of the globe in the west coast of Scotland?

Please don't shout at me to make me understand. I can read.

If you are in a minority of 1, you are always correct!

TBH mate i never knew we played the army, but that seemed a really touching thing for the Rangers to do.

However to suggest that Rangers only do this to get one over the taigs is disgusting. I hate gayham speirs

Fair play, maybe many of our supporters didn't know that. However, Spiers is an alleged journalist, so one would think his amazing gift of inquisitiveness would have uncovered this information by now. Especially given (cough) his formative years a a die-hard Bluenose. :rolleyes:

Fair play, maybe many of our supporters didn't know that. However, Spiers is an alleged journalist, so one would think his amazing gift of inquisitiveness would have uncovered this information by now. Especially given (cough) his formative years a a die-hard Bluenose. :rolleyes:

I agree with that mate.

The Army and the Crown have always had a long association with Rangers FC.

What we are doing is nothing new and that wanker knows it.

He is a pet favourite of the bheasts and he also knows that his future incomes depend heavily on keeping them onside.

The minute he loses their support he is completely finished hence why he always always drags us in to their issues.

The Army and the Crown have always had a long association with Rangers FC.

What we are doing is nothing new and that wanker knows it.

He is a pet favourite of the bheasts and he also knows that his future incomes depend heavily on keeping them onside.

The minute he loses their support he is completely finished hence why he always always drags us in to their issues.

(tu)

A study done on sectarianism for Glasgow City Council found that there is a higher proportion of Catholics in the Rangers support than there is of Protestants in the Celtic support. It also found that the proportion of Protestants in the Rangers support is a good bit lower (65%) than the proportion of Catholics in the Celtic support (74%).

Guest therabbitt

A study done on sectarianism for Glasgow City Council found that there is a higher proportion of Catholics in the Rangers support than there is of Protestants in the Celtic support. It also found that the proportion of Protestants in the Rangers support is a good bit lower (65%) than the proportion of Catholics in the Celtic support (74%).

Never knew that, do you have a reference?

Never knew that, do you have a reference?

Probably taken from here:

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/DA614F81-4F1B-4452-8847-F3FDE920D550/0/sectarianism03.pdf

Even among Catholics and Protestant respondents, there was a strong

view that sectarianism affected both equally, although Catholic respondents were more likely to say that sectarianism tended to be anti-Catholic (15%) than Protestants were to say that it tended to be anti-Protestant (3%).

Poor wee Kaffliks!

I wouldn't give this any credibility, what do they mean by Protestants/Catholics? are they practicing or non practicing?

cosidering the vast majority on both sides don't practice any religion, there's many a proddy (like me, baptized) that never attends a church and it's the same with the Paddies.

It's interesting though if you want to quote it in conversation (tu)