speirs has his say on the poppy debate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe he said we have members of the British Army on the pitch or in the stands to point score.

What a fucking cunt of a man.

Yes. Let's be perfectly clear about his assertion: he's now accusing our club directors of using the armed forces to cast rasellik in a bad light. It's a scandalous, baseless accusation.

And the hypocrisy is truly marvellous even for Spiers as he's quite obviously using his article to point score against the Rangers when our club has absolutely nothing to do with this scandal.

i got 2 paragraphs down and seen that he called wearing the poppy on the shirt a "fad"...1st and last time i will waste my time reading or commenting on this joke of a human being's writings

Exactly - calling poppy wearing a fad is ludicrous and basically tells us that he is against it. The attempt to make the article appear a balanced argument for and against is transparent. Wearing a poppy is a mark of respect - I thought that it was calling it glorification of war that was the fad and hardly anyone believed that now. In any case, to suggest that the Parkhead protest could be viewed in the same way as some pacifist arguments against poppy wearing is ridiculous. Spiers knows perfectly well that it was a reflection of hatred of Britain that a proportion of Celtic supporters clearly have. In fairness, any Celtic supporter I know personally has been totally against the banner - does that mean the majority are? I don't know.

Guest Andypendek

A lot of English clubs have a large Irish following, particularly Everton and Liverpool. But do their fans have to put of with that shite every November ? Or according to that cunt is it wrong for the Irish supporters of these clubs not to protest ? I hope Speirs' gets raped off Mike Tyson at some point.

An absolutely brililant point, except for the bit about Tyson - even Iron Mike has his standards. Let's see how many Man U, or Evertion, or Liverpool fans feel the need to demonstrate their 'excessively Irish heritage' by acting like tools at the weekend.

I've never written to our hero before, but I just might. Unlike others I'm not angry, I'm just stunned that anyone could write that piece. I'd love to know what the thinking was behind it, as it is not apparent from the piece itself. And if was printed either yeseterday or today...well, I would hope Graham could time such a piece rather better than on the 11th November.

I really am stunned.

Where I agree with him is in the posturing (by both sides) seen a fair bit of that on these forums. Its why I think we should stick to football - do you really want your belief system based on what 'they' do or we 'do' - not for me. I love the values of sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality that goes with our club. The politics, religion etc. I can do without. As I may have said before take the football away and we would have no unity take away all the politics and religion and we would still be left with the greatest football team in the world.

:clap::clap:

A lot of English clubs have a large Irish following, particularly Everton and Liverpool. But do their fans have to put of with that shite every November ? Or according to that cunt is it wrong for the Irish supporters of these clubs not to protest ? I hope Speirs' gets raped off Mike Tyson at some point.

I think you'll find that's his first wish on his Santa letter !!

Where I agree with him is in the posturing (by both sides) seen a fair bit of that on these forums. Its why I think we should stick to football - do you really want your belief system based on what 'they' do or we 'do' - not for me. I love the values of sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality that goes with our club. The politics, religion etc. I can do without. As I may have said before take the football away and we would have no unity take away all the politics and religion and we would still be left with the greatest football team in the world.

Two words...Utter Shite.

What do you think about the sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality of CFC? I'm asking this because taking the religion and politics aside for a second, how do you think that Britney can write pieces such as this and remain in employment. You see, you can't really do what you're doing unless we all do it. You take the whole lot, like all the journalists south of the border seem to be doing now, or you take nothing, or I should say you take some fantasy kind of belief system from inside Ibrox with you into the outside world. Would you walk into a rabid's bar in the East of Glasgow with a Rangers top on and try and argue that you don't believe in the political or religious beliefs of the club? You'd get eaten alive mate and you know it.

You see therein, for me, lies the problem with yourself and TWB. I'm being honest here, not taking the piss, I really am being honest and would love to know what you think.

yea, so were causing the problem by having the military at ibrox and its just tit-for-tat?

I hope he falls off his high horse and breaks his bent little crooked back.

I remember asking not too long ago on here, the question....Who the fuck is Graham Spiers?

When told who he was, I suddenly remembered seeing him a couple of times on the Setanta press show.....I really wish I had never asked that question now! :anguish:

The more articles and opinions of his that I read, the more I shake my head at the utter crassness and condescending attitude of this supposed journalist.

That was the biggest load of innacurate and unbelievable garbage I have had the displeasure of reading in many a day....And he claims to be a Rangers fan????

He jests, surely? (td)doh

What a fucking ass piece this guy is, his whole article revolves around desperately finding trying excuses for the despicable actions of the mhanky filth.

Disgusting, he doesn't make any attempt to cover his tawdry allegiance to the gimps in green.... :wanker:

post-50170-079000100 1289473631_thumb.pn

during the years of national service rangers used to play against the british army at ibrox with crowds of 40/50thousand at the games. the army had great teams as young players from all over the uk were serving. went to one with my old man and think their were 3 gers playing for the army wilson, millar, stevenston.rangers have always had a close association with the british army you piece of shit spiers

What do you think about the sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality of CFC? I'm asking this because taking the religion and politics aside for a second, how do you think that Britney can write pieces such as this and remain in employment. You see, you can't really do what you're doing unless we all do it. You take the whole lot, like all the journalists south of the border seem to be doing now, or you take nothing, or I should say you take some fantasy kind of belief system from inside Ibrox with you into the outside world. Would you walk into a rabid's bar in the East of Glasgow with a Rangers top on and try and argue that you don't believe in the political or religious beliefs of the club? You'd get eaten alive mate and you know it.

You see therein, for me, lies the problem with yourself and TWB. I'm being honest here, not taking the piss, I really am being honest and would love to know what you think.

Your questions in order:

What do you think about the sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality of CFC?

Pretty poor - the paranoia does seem club deep over there. Its why I am proud of Rangers, in general we keep a lid on the paranoia that when we lose its someone elses fault - we lost last night - painful, lots of debate on here but no-one blaming outside influences like the ref etc. As I say I like Rnagres levels of sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality and I think we set the bar for that.

Britney is a commentator - nothing more or less, many will see his piece as balanced, many in our support wont, but he aint stupid he knows he gets an audience for his outpourings. What would get him out of a job is when people are NOT interested in his opinion - but they are - we 'debate' him endlessly on here.

And I have no idea hwta you are trying to get at with this statement 'You see, you can't really do what you're doing unless we all do it.'. BUT if you mean I should conform to what you think the majority want forget it - the majority can be wrong!!!

.. as for walking into and east end bar with my Rangers top on - no I am NOT stupid, I realise there are rabid idiots who would not tolerate that as they have low levels of sportsmanship and integrity and we are a long way from being like a Rugby crowd where fans can mix. I also would not go some bars in Liverpool in a Man U shirt, Dundee in a St.Johnstone shirt or even Millwall in a leeds shirt.

Your questions in order:

What do you think about the sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality of CFC?

Pretty poor - the paranoia does seem club deep over there. Its why I am proud of Rangers, in general we keep a lid on the paranoia that when we lose its someone elses fault - we lost last night - painful, lots of debate on here but no-one blaming outside influences like the ref etc. As I say I like Rnagres levels of sportsmanship, integrity and winning mentality and I think we set the bar for that.

Britney is a commentator - nothing more or less, many will see his piece as balanced, many in our support wont, but he aint stupid he knows he gets an audience for his outpourings. What would get him out of a job is when people are NOT interested in his opinion - but they are - we 'debate' him endlessly on here.

And I have no idea hwta you are trying to get at with this statement 'You see, you can't really do what you're doing unless we all do it.'. BUT if you mean I should conform to what you think the majority want forget it - the majority can be wrong!!!

.. as for walking into and east end bar with my Rangers top on - no I am NOT stupid, I realise there are rabid idiots who would not tolerate that as they have low levels of sportsmanship and integrity and we are a long way from being like a Rugby crowd where fans can mix. I also would not go some bars in Liverpool in a Man U shirt, Dundee in a St.Johnstone shirt or even Millwall in a leeds shirt.

You talk about being the minority Rangers supporter. So then, you know the baggage (for want of a better word) that comes from wearing the colours, baggage that has been manipulated by the mhedia here in Scotland. Can you see what I'm saying?

So then, what is your opinion on the supporters of Liverpool, Man Utd, Dundee, St. Johnstone, Millwall or Leeds? Do you feel the same way about those clubs as you feel about Rangers? And can I ask you, what does the minority of Rangers fans, or fan (yourself), stand for? And what does the majority of Rangers fans stand for? You love these blanket statements that mean nothing.

So you're your own man, er, who isn't? Are you saying because the majority of Rangers fans share the same religious beliefs and political beliefs that it makes them wrong or right with these beliefs?

during the years of national service rangers used to play against the british army at ibrox with crowds of 40/50thousand at the games. the army had great teams as young players from all over the uk were serving. went to one with my old man and think their were 3 gers playing for the army wilson, millar, stevenston.rangers have always had a close association with the british army you piece of shit spiers

Aye - SURELY Spiers would know this, since Gers were the "team he grew up supporting"? And of course it's just point scoring by RFC to support the troops and to be proud to wear the poppy (as every other team in Britain is to my knowledge, with one notable exception.).

Honestly, the man's heid truly zips up the back.