Play Kerkar on Saturday?

Thommo

If international clearance has not been granted by 5pm tomorrow (or whatever time it is) he won't be available.

If he is good enough and ready, then I don't see why he shouldn't play!?

I've not really seen him to be able to say whether he should merit a starting position but we've been poor on the left for a while and Kerkar looks to have impressed the coaches so if he's good enough and available then I don't see any reason why he shouldn't play.

:rolleyes:

Because no one knows what Kerkar is like while we know what Fleck and Wylde will offer. Plus Kerkar has no idea about Scottish football and what it is like to play against Aberdeen while Fleck and Wylde do.

obviously through the months he has been training with us, and his performances, fitness and what he has been like in bounce games behind closed doors, the manager and staff will be able to gauge what sort of player he is.

tbh i think fleck was introduced to the side way too early, he was built up to be a winderkid, but he hasnt really lived up to it. If you look at the likes of Celtic's James Forrest. He immediately looks like a good player, one who will definitely go on to bigger things. Its a pity we can not say the same about fleck.

I really hope i go back on my words, and fleck comes out the traps running.

Have you seen him play yet?

No one has.

But if it comes down to picking a player to play LW I think Walter Smith would pick Naismith, Lafferty and Weiss ahead of him every time. Hopefully he is given a chance though.

I can't say yes until I've seen a glimpse of him.

A few sub appearances first so I can gauge how good he actually is. Would be irresponsible to throw him in just for the sake of it/because the team was shite last night.

Team has been poor for sometime, although they have grinded out wins. Who else do we have for the left?

Weiss, Fleck, Naismith (played up top), Lafferty (impact player at best) shouldn't, Wylde is the only other option. If Kerkar is good enough (surely that is why he was signed!?) and available, then he should play. He's been at the club long enough and must have an understanding with his team-mates and what is required, therefore I don't see why he shouldn't start?

Team has been poor for sometime, although they have grinded out wins. Who else do we have for the left?

Weiss, Fleck, Naismith (played up top), Lafferty (impact player at best) shouldn't, Wylde is the only other option. If Kerkar is good enough (surely that is why he was signed!?) and available, then he should play. He's been at the club long enough and must have an understanding with his team-mates and what is required, therefore I don't see why he shouldn't start?

Your mis-understanding me a bit.

I want him to play. He needs to show us what he can do.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Weiss, Naismith, Lafferty or Wylde who can all play there already - just more application and focus. That's Walter Smith's job. He was saying he thinks we have lost our edge, it's his job to get it back.

I am dying to see what Kerkhar is like, but we have options - in my opinion.

New Rangers signing Salim Kerkar may be named in the squad for the club’s SPL game against Aberdeen. The Algerian, who signed a short-term contract last week, is now awaiting clearance from the French FA before he can play for the club.

Rangers manager Walter Smith revealed that the French governing body had not yet sent the final paperwork allowing Kerkar to be registered but that he hoped everything would be completed by 5pm on Friday. Smith said that if given the go-ahead, he would include him in his squad for the weekend’s match.

Kerkar’s signing has become a lengthy transfer saga. After being recommended to the Rangers coaching staff by fellow Algerian Madjid Bougherra, Kerkar began training with the first team squad in August. The former FC Gueugnon player caught the eye in a succession of bounce games, with Rangers subsequently moving to secure his services.

Despite being a free agent, Kerkar's former club believed they were entitled to claim for training compensation under FIFA rules, having trained Kerkar for six years up until his 23rd birthday this year.

Their threat to lodge an appeal with the world football governing body for a fee which could have risen as high as £315,000 led to Rangers calling off the deal late in October, with the player effectively unable to play for any club until next season unless the French side dropped their claim.

After discussions between Gueugnon and Rangers, the two clubs arrived at a settlement for the deal to go through which will see Kerkar’s former club receive a portion of any future transfer fee.

Rangers boss Smith has been working with a small squad since the start of the season and admitted after the 3-0 defeat to Hibs on Wednesday that it was difficult to rest and rotate his players. Adding Kerkar to his playing pool would be a boost for the Gers manager and he was hopeful that the final hurdle would be cleared on Friday afternoon to allow him to consider the winger for selection.

All this talk of Kerkar is getting me worried that we are putting too much expectation on the guy to do something, will be interesting to see what he is like if he gets some game time on Saturday

only thing i know of him is walter and co thought he would be a good addition, i just wait in hope he can be of use but i aint thinking nothing else other than that, like any player it could be a risk but a free one bodes well with me, nothing to lose really