Kyle Hutton

trueblue68

KYLE HUTTON insists he's put his alleged abduction behind him - and wants to concentrate on capturing the imagination of Rangers fans instead.

Two men are still in custody after being accused of kidnapping and robbing Hutton and Ibrox pal Kal Naismith in September.

It's claimed Hutton and Naismith were driven around Edinburgh before being dumped in the city's Niddrie area.

Midfielder Hutton, 19, starred on his full Gers debut in the Co-op Cup win over Dunfermline just two days after the alleged ordeal.

The Scotland Under-21 newboy, set to face Northern Ireland tonight, has also featured in three other games for Gers this season.

Now he's hoping for more attention later this season - as it'll mean he's landed more first team action at Ibrox.

Hutton said: "Obviously I spoke to the gaffer about what happened and he reassured me everything was fine.

"I've put it to one side and got on with the game.

"It didn't really affect me too badly. I'm not wary or worried about stuff like that happening again. It's out of my mind.

"I do get noticed a bit more when I'm out and about now. It's changed a lot since playing for the first team.

"People will come up to you, shake your hand and tell you to keep things going.

"I'm not complaining about it. Hopefully there's more attention to come later in the season because that'll mean I'll be playing more games."

That's more than likely with boss Walter Smith making no secret of the fact he'll have to throw in the kids before Christmas as his threadbare squad gets stretched.

Hutton will be ready if the call comes and said: "We've been told to keep ourselves ready and stay focused with so many games coming up.

"It's a lot of pressure on us but I'm sure we can handle it and do well.

"Training with first team players every day makes you a better player."

Hutton had heard whispers he might be thrown in from the start for the cup clash with the Pars.

But he never assumed he was in until Gers No2 Ally McCoist pinned up the team.

Hutton said: "A few hours before the game there were rumours among the boys I might get my start.

"But I wasn't geeing myself up for it in case I got disappointed. When I saw my name there I was buzzing.

"There's always nerves but when the whistle blows everything goes out your head and you concentrate on the game. I was just happy the way it all went and hopefully I just get another chance."

Hutton's form saw him picked by babes boss Billy Stark for tonight's game at Firhill - preparation for next year's Euro qualifying campaign.

After the last batch of starlets reached the play-offs for the finals, Hutton knows all eyes will be on this group to do just as well.

He was in Stark's Under-19s side that missed out on a finals place after three qualifiers in Croatia in May.

Hutton added: "We've got a good squad and there will be an expectation for us to go that bit further than the Under-21 boys did last year.

"I'm sure we can have a good shot at it and do it.

"We can use the disappointment of the Under-19s to help spur us on this time."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3231438/Kyles-better.html#ixzz15V0QZxzf

You serious ?

Edu is fucking rapid.

:lol: I hope your kidding.? Anyway if you think he's fast (tu) But Edu's injured anyway the now,so who else would we play in there.

And Hutton has got to get his chance sometime,Against some decent teams,and not just 1st divsion teams when we draw them in a cup.

:lol: I hope your kidding.? Anyway if you think he's fast (tu) But Edu's injured anyway the now,so who else would we play in there.

And Hutton has got to get his chance sometime,Against some decent teams,and not just 1st divsion teams when we draw them in a cup.

Yeah I agree about Hutton.

The only thing I rate about Edu is his physical attributes because IMO he is strong and fast.

But hopefully Hutton starts soon because I have been impressed with the lad.

Yeah I agree about Hutton.

The only thing I rate about Edu is his physical attributes because IMO he is strong and fast.

But hopefully Hutton starts soon because I have been impressed with the lad.

I don't think Edu is strong at all. For a guy his size he is totally powder puff when it comes to 50/50's.

I'm really excited about Hutton (in a non "let's disco" way) I think he has the potential to be the next Barry Ferguson.

He really needs to be given game-time that carries responsibility to see how he copes.

That's what happened with Ferguson, but Smith is so reluctant to offer the lads that chance.

He's got one of the most important attributes for a midfielder, in my opinion, in that he's always looking for and demanding the ball. He doesn't seem to hide, which is something I feel Edu does quite a lot in the SPL.

There's nothing worse than a CM who doesn't go looking for the ball. You could have all the ability in the world but if you don't want the ball you can't show how good you are.

He really needs to be given game-time that carries responsibility to see how he copes.

That's what happened with Ferguson, but Smith is so reluctant to offer the lads that chance.

hutton, ness, shinnie, mcmillan, wylde, fleck are all capable but won't get the opportunity under smith.

Broadfoot, mculloch, Edu, naismith, lafferty, whittaker have all had multiple chances to prove themselves, the majority have proved to be average or less of use to the first team and walter refuses to drop them even when they are in horrific form compared to normal.

I think the excuse that Smith doesn't try youth is the biggest myth since Jesus....

Smith has always put trust in one or two youth players, it's just the older ones tend to be more realiable.

i can only think of one in his two reigns

Miller, Pressley, Gattuso, Wilson, Fleck now, Weiss, Moore, Murray all just off the top of my head.

Maybe it's time to accept that some of our youth are just poor and that's all there is to it? I mean the player Advocaat really gave a chance to was Ferguson, and Ferguson was special, so he deserved his chance.

Miller, Pressley, Gattuso, Wilson, Fleck now, Weiss, Moore, Murray all just off the top of my head.

Maybe it's time to accept that some of our youth are just poor and that's all there is to it? I mean the player Advocaat really gave a chance to was Ferguson, and Ferguson was special, so he deserved his chance.

(tu)

...and Walter was apparently prepared to sell Ferguson before Advocaat took over.

I don't think any of us can comprehend the effect that starving a 18-21 year old talent of first team football actually has.

Kyle Hutton has all the attributes to be a top player at Ibrox. I have no doubt his chance will come before the end of the season. Both Hutton and Wylde will get opportunities this season. Our squad is far too small for them not to be given the chance. Whether they get a run in the team I'm not so sure